Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Fúck that. Shíte all left.
    Get rid of the expensive tickets to the presale hard core fans who'll pay anything.

Gave the code to a lad in work

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Got 2 tickets for Saturday night but got them via the "Gold Tickets VIP" i.e. got fleeced for €317 a ticket but not bothered by that.
    Looking forward to another great night!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

So where is 3 presale?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

:eek::eek: ^^ Christ I wish I was rich....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Got 2 tickets for Saturday night but got them via the "Gold Tickets VIP" i.e. got fleeced for €317 a ticket but not bothered by that.
    Looking forward to another great night!

What block / row out of interest?

I'd want the royal box and personal waiter for that money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pilot1087

but1er wrote: »
    So where is 3 presale?

They seem pretty certain that it's Friday on their twitter

https://twitter.com/ThreeIreland/status/957960321704103937

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭RonnieL

I have an album presale code, but when I click the link in the email it doesn't list the Friday/Saturday dates. Is there a way to use the album presale code for those dates does anyone know? Thanks, and good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Messi19

Managed to get 2 standing for the Friday after nearly 2 hours. Never had such problems with a presale before. Can relax now!

UsedToWait wrote: »
    What block / row out of interest?

I'd want the royal box and personal waiter for that money!

Block F row 28. Nothing special.

Back in 2009 when they played Croke Park I managed to get corporate box tickets with 3 course meal and full free bar from 6pm to 10pm for the same price as what I just paid for a ticket. Literally did have a waiter bring in food and drinks into the box.

Still not too bothered, only so many more times U2 will tour. Given they have played Dublin 3 of the last 4 years this might be the last time for quite a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Lads keep trying I just got 2 standing Monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭wacotaco

Messi19 wrote: »
    Managed to get 2 standing for the Friday after nearly 2 hours. Never had such problems with a presale before. Can relax now!

Are these paperless or can you get them send out. I'd rather the physical ticket.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Block F row 28. Nothing special.

Back in 2009 when they played Croke Park I managed to get corporate box tickets with 3 course meal and full free bar from 6pm to 10pm for the same price as what I just paid for a ticket. Literally did have a waiter bring in food and drinks into the box.

Still not too bothered, only so many more times U2 will tour. Given they have played Dublin 3 of the last 4 years this might be the last time for quite a while.

Not if people continue to pay silly prices its not. Demand dictates the market. People falling over themselves to cough up for 200 quid tickets. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭derek214

Been on since 8.50 and and 10.50 only just managed to get 2 seated for the Friday night.... Such a pain in the arse but delighted now! :)

FYI computer was giving me nothing but "Sorry, no tickets match your search." all morning finally had success on the mobile site via phone browser..... (not the app)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 quizzical

pilot1087 wrote: »
    They seem pretty certain that it's Friday on their twitter

https://twitter.com/ThreeIreland/status/957960321704103937

I'm confused if they are going on general sale at the same time, therefore 3 is not really a presale then... Am I right? Is 3 just using it as a marketing tool?

The Nal wrote: »
    Not if people continue to pay silly prices its not. Demand dictates the market. People falling over themselves to cough up for 200 quid tickets. :rolleyes:

€317!!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

quizzical wrote: »
    I'm confused if they are going on general sale at the same time, therefore 3 is not really a presale then... Am I right? Is 3 just using it as a marketing tool?

My read is that they have their own pool of tickets for people to fight over.

Friday mornings pre-sale
    tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Paid €417 for two seats in block n for the Monday night. I must be mad. Internet was acting up earlier and just went for it. Not sure now if I should of paid that for them. Sort of regret it.

martin101 wrote: »
    Paid €417 for two seats in block n for the Monday night. I must be mad. Internet was acting up earlier and just went for it. Not sure now if I should of paid that for them. Sort of regret it.

You'll be paying 450 on the next tour.

And other people will be paying similar for similar bands. "Oh U2 charged xxx...."

Thanks everyone.

And other people will be paying similar for similar bands. "Oh U2 charged xxx...."

Thanks everyone.

It really is hard to criticise the admittedly addicted to money band when people pay these crazy prices..... Madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Messi19

wacotaco wrote: »
    Are these paperless or can you get them send out. I'd rather the physical ticket.

All standing is paperless

• Advertisement

martin101 wrote: »

Don't regret it, it will be a great night. You will be on your death bed soon enough and you wont be thinking "glad I didn't spend that money on a U2 gig".

Yeah its a bit pricey but if you enjoy yourself then what about. I spend more on diesel every few weeks but will remember great nights out with friends and family more so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Thanks everyone.

U2's standing ticket price in Dublin has remained static for years chief.

I spend more on diesel every few weeks

Long-Range-2s.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭msmx5

derek214 wrote: »
    Been on since 8.50 and and 10.50 only just managed to get 2 seated for the Friday night.... Such a pain in the arse but delighted now! :)

FYI computer was giving me nothing but "Sorry, no tickets match your search." all morning finally had success on the mobile site via phone browser..... (not the app)

They must have released another tranche of tickets just before 11 as I've been on since before 9 and had no success (apart from a single seated ticket which then went to "There was a problem processing your request. We apologise for any inconvenience.")

Am delighted now though ... just got two seated for e118.85 each - block N for Friday! Used mobile browser but also had PC waiting with Belfast tickets counting down while frantically trying for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Anyone know when the album pre-sales start at 12 are we all in with a shout again. Have my innocence code but can't bring myself to pay €417 for 2 tickets!

Wooderson wrote: »
    U2's standing ticket price in Dublin has remained static for years chief.

360 tour was 67 quid for standing. Innocence + Experience was 75 quid, Joshua Tree tour was 76 and now this tour is 81.

I'm referring to the seats really though. 100, 190 and now 205 or whatever respectively. We're into American prices for big acts. Really not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

neilc wrote: »
    Anyone know when the album pre-sales start at 12 are we all in with a shout again. Have my innocence code but can't bring myself to pay €417 for 2 tickets!

There was feck all for Manchester in the retail presale..

360 tour was 67 quid for standing. Innocence + Experience was 75 quid, Joshua Tree tour was 76 and now this tour is 81.

I'm referring to the seats really though. 100, 190 and now 205 or whatever respectively. We're into American prices for big acts. Really not good.

Hate to say it but he's spot on:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Torn about whether trying my retail code for Belfast or Manchester. One can't complain about anything in life when that's an issue really, can you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Stacksey

I have to say the $50 to join the u2 fansite is well worth it in my opinion, have got tickets to London,Manchester and the dublin gigs with ease on the last 2 tours

Advertisement