Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 toshmurray

Just out of interest, why are so many people buying tickets for the Manchester gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

daithi7 wrote: »
    Got 2 standing tickets for the Friday night in the finish with an innocence subscription (50usd).

But is it just me, or is the whole process is a gigantic pain in the hole!?

1. You join u2.com with no guarantee of getting tickets
    2. Your desired tickets don't show available on the ticket master website until some random juncture during the day (a woeful waste of time)
    3. So I panic when 1&2 look like they're not going to work, and pre purchase their new album to get another loyalty code that might
    4. I never see/receive the album pre sale code
    5. I can't download the included electronic tracks still (4/5 hours later) & there is no clear method to do so
    6. The whole process is a gigantic waste of time and puts me off attending concerts at all and being nudged into signing up to vessels such as u2.com
    7. Oh yeah, I nearly forgot. There was no obvious way of unclicking event insurance so I ended up shelling out for that as well when I didn't want it

So all in all, yrs I got my tickets, but wasted a load of time, spent on ancillary items such as u2.com sub, New album pre sale & event insurance, when all I wanted was concert tickets.

Anyway rant over:)
    You are aware you had to buy the album back in November before it was released to get that code? Reading your rant it sounds to me like you only bought it today. Everyone got the code only about a week ago. Was also resent this morning. If you qualified and did actually buy the record in time you would of gotten that email but may have been junk filtered?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi7

Seve OB wrote: »
    You are aware you had to buy the album back in November before it was released to get that code? Reading your rant it sounds to me like you only bought it today. Everyone got the code only about a week ago. Was also resent this morning. If you qualified and did actually buy the record in time you would of gotten that email but may have been junk filtered?

Nope, I wasn't aware of that. As I said, I panicked, so when reading on here that there was code with album pre sales, I just went ahead and pulled the trigger & bought the album. I didn't have the time or inclination to find out that this was a time limited offer tbh.

My general point is getting tickets for events is now a royal pain in the hole. It's high time for some simple legislation to ensure that card holders must present the card used to purchase at events to prevent the massive black / secondary markets that are ruining the whole process for genuine(casual) concert goers like myself, who simply want to buy tickets for a fair price. I mean is that really too much to ask!?!

P.s. 'would have'.... not 'would of ', sorry to be a pain, but it's a pet hate :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

daithi7 wrote: »
    Nope, I wasn't aware of that. As I said, I panicked, so when reading on here that there was code with album pre sales, I just went ahead and pulled the trigger & bought the album. I didn't have the time or inclination to find out that this was a time limited offer tbh.

My general point is getting tickets for events is now a royal pain in the hole. It's high time for some simple legislation to ensure that card holders must present the card used to purchase at events to prevent the massive black / secondary markets that are ruining the whole process for genuine(casual) concert goers like myself, who simply want to buy tickets for a fair price. I mean is that really too much to ask!?!

Whilst I agree with you, a few hundred tickets on the secondary market isnt going to make a bit of a difference.
    U2 ,Livenation and Guy Oseary are the real ones playing the market ,they are constantly underplaying European markets and employing underhanded ticket sale tactics.

Its supply and demand ,there simply isnt enough supply and too much demand among genuine fans ,not to mention the 100 thousand bandwagoners and Facebook brigade.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

In my panic this morning I opted for go mobile my phone is my ticket. Now I can see my booking on the app but when I click on it it says this is not my ticket

So what is my ticket how does this work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

ITgirl73 wrote: »
    In my panic this morning I opted for go mobile my phone is my ticket. Now I can see my booking on the app but when I click on it it says this is not my ticket

So what is my ticket how does this work?
    Did you buy standing tickets,? If you did your credit card you used to buy them with will get you entry with ID.

clickhere wrote: »
    Did you buy standing tickets,? If you did your credit card you used to buy them with will get you entry with ID.

All I could get was seated as I was caught in the trap of innocence only available for Monday & I needed to head off into work so took seated Monday and clicked for e tickets. I am starting to think this Us app only

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

ITgirl73 wrote: »
    All I could get was seated as I was caught in the trap of innocence only available for Monday & I needed to head off into work so took seated Monday and clicked for e tickets. I am starting to think this Us app only

E tickets?

So you print them yourself basically.
    Log onto your Ticketmaster account on a computer. Should be there. Print it off on the night and bring it with you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

That missed event insurance is a load of sh1te.
    I emailed them back and told them to cancel it and refund me as I didn't want it.

They emailed me back and said refund will be a few days

Roll on November

bclar12 wrote: »
    E tickets?

Log onto your Ticketmaster account on a computer. Should be there. Print it off on the night and bring it with you

Perfect pity not on phone so much easier. They were catering for US market so

• Advertisement

bclar12 wrote: »
    E tickets?

Sorry i taught she bought standing. All other tickets are printed the normal way.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭optiplex780

iggy wrote: »
    That missed event insurance is a load of sh1te.
    I emailed them back and told them to cancel it and refund me as I didn't want it.

They emailed me back and said refund will be a few days

Roll on November

Who did you email for that? Ticketmaster Ya? I made the same mistake so might try that also.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

I couldn't get my etickets to view them either. Got seats too so I rang Ticketmaster and they said even before I mentioned it was the u2 gig that it is happening loads and that the etickets will show up after they all go on general sale. I haven't checked a computer or laptop so they will probably be available on that but on the phone and laptop all I was getting was "this is not your ticket" but seems all be ok anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Who did you email for that? Ticketmaster Ya? I made the same mistake so might try that also.

Got an email from missedeventinsurance (Allianz Global Assistance IE) giving me my policy number so I just replied to the email requesting to cancel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Anyone figure how the seating price breakdown went?

I presume the few very cheap seats were way up in the rafters, but for this set up, I would have thought blocks D and L would count as restricted view - anyone in those blocks? - what did you pay?

Also, the 'vip' and 'platinum' tickets seem to have sold for twice the price of the guy sitting next to you, judging by the guy on this thread earlier..

Were all the lower tier seats over €200?

Those who spent €200 on a seat, do you not feel you've just been Touted to?

17578s.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

UsedToWait wrote: »

I presume the few very cheap seats were way up in the rafters, but for this set up, I would have thought blocks D and L would count as restricted view - anyone in those blocks? - what did you pay?

Also, the 'vip' and 'platinum' tickets seem to have sold for twice the price of the guy sitting next to you, judging by the guy on this thread earlier..

D and L were the cheapest seats ,yes ,some were forty something others eighty something.
    Parts of M and K were 117 ,the seats near the back of the rest of the upper tier were 117 and the lower part of the upper tier was 201.
    From what I saw there were no unrestricted lower tier seats on sale.

Seats in M and K along with standing would be the best bang per buck tickets,the rest ,well they are a joke.
    Maybe we might get some tomorrow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

D and L were the cheapest seats ,yes ,some were forty something others eighty something.
    Parts of M and K were 117 ,the seats near the back of the rest of the upper tier were 117 and the lower part of the upper tier was 201.
    From what I saw there were no unrestricted lower tier seats on sale.

Seats in M and K along with standing would be the best bang per buck tickets,the rest ,well they are a joke.
    Maybe we might get some tomorrow ?

Paid 200 a pop for 2 in h stand. Yeah feel ripped off tbh but hope to get standing in general sale,doubtful I know, and sell the seats. If it doesn't workout I'll be grumpy til November and then just f###ing delighted I have tickets. That's life.

UsedToWait wrote: »

17578s.jpg

I was being offered centre of blocks C and E can't remember row number tickets for 81. But it kept giving me a failure as I was checking out.

Eventually I got D but there are the end of row rather than centre which would have left me rightly screwed for a screen view. Also at 81

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

Disappointed today hoped to get good seats but between app acting up and work commitments all I could get was a standing ticket for Mon. But it does mean I can afford to get a good ticket for Sat.
    What are people's views on the red zone it looked like it was a great spot for JT or would a platinum ticket be better. I know it's a lot of money but feck it I can't see them touring again for a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

My preordered Songs of Experience L.P. sounds a little sweeter tonight :)

• Advertisement

My preordered Songs of Experience L.P. sounds a little sweeter tonight :)

I hope you got sorted for tickets today.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Seve OB wrote: »
    I was being offered centre of blocks C and E can't remember row number tickets for 81. But it kept giving me a failure as I was checking out.

Eventually I got D but there are the end of row rather than centre which would have left me rightly screwed for a screen view. Also at 81

I'm Block E row 24 seat 121 (€111)

I reckon I will just about see the side of the screen but should have a decent view of the mini stage.

the cheap tickets are somewhere in Block D

anyone have any pics from the cheap seats from the 2015 shows ???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

iggy wrote: »
    Got an email from missedeventinsurance (Allianz Global Assistance IE) giving me my policy number so I just replied to the email requesting to cancel

Insurance comes under distance selling, so there is a 14 day cooling off period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Stuckforcash

Have a presale code from 3, but they're going on sale the same time as the general sale. Anyone any idea theres if better odds to go for the general sale or 3?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Keep trying kiddies, logged in, started running through the dates and got two 100ish tickets for tues in block N up the back, up high but should have good visibility

I think I was block L last time around but very close to centre of screen. Really crap view. Tickets were about 45 quid from recollection.

Have a presale code from 3, but they're going on sale the same time as the general sale. Anyone any idea theres if better odds to go for the general sale or 3?

2 browser windows?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Hoboo

Are General Admission tickets on sale friday from the box office at the 3/point only? Or at usual tickemaster outlets? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

27356035_10155485747474372_3899531397647230322_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=aaabdb74d919c0c7d1b9b92de32ff60d&oe=5B26B20F

here was my view from a 2015 3arena I&E show

Block G Row 21 Seat 191

might give an idea of the setup for November

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Do u want it? :pac:

Thank you but no, please find someone not sorted to give it to

Advertisement