Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,433 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Med101007 wrote: »
    This is now coming up on Ticketmaster for all dates in Dublin:

"Oh-no! These tickets went fast and we're unable to find more right now"

Presumably this means all dates in Dublin are now sold out??

I reckon so ...... :mad::(

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭bigguns2

over an 0ne hour and a half in the queue, what chance do i have? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Granite Head

Literally just picked up 2 GA tickets for Friday - had them three times in the basket, but couldn't checkout - changed cc details to VISA and it worked

2024 Gigs and Events: Jarlath Regan, Depeche Mode, Roisin Murphy, Pip Blom, Nouvelle Vogue, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, Murder Capital, Pixies, The Stranglers, Liam Gallagher & John Squires, The Jesus & Mary Chain, DJ Shadow, Cam Cole, Fight Like Apes, The Hives, Somebody's Child, Kacey Musgraves, Sprints, Nadine Shah, Jane Weaver, Bob Log lll, Jimmy Carr, Richard Hawley, Beyond The Pale, LCD Sound System, Patti Smith, Night & Day Festival, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, The Beat, All Together Now, Electric Picnic, Bonny Prince Billy, Phospherescant, Ride, Dirt Birds, Arab Strap, Tommy Tiernan, The Last Dinner Party, John Grant, Iron & Wine x2, Therapy, Ezra Collective, Nick Cave, Peter Hook & The Light, Idles, Khruangbin, Lightning Seeds, Fontaines DC, Amble

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

bigguns2 wrote: »
    over an 1.5 in the queue, what chance do i have? :)

That makes 2 of us..... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Last time, for the Innocence tour, they held back some tickets and waited until fairly close to the date before they made them available for sale. So it could easily be that a secondary batch of tickets is released closer to the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,635 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

I got tickets for Croker a few days before it last year, so those (like me) who didn't get any tickets, dont be worrying just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭optiplex780

I got 2 standing for Tuesday 5 mins ago

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Med101007

On the website how do you search for all 4 dates in Dublin simultaneously??

I think Ticketmaster have effectively pulled down the shutters on the tickets for the time been, ah well, i'll try later.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

I think Ticketmaster have effectively pulled down the shutters on the tickets for the time been, ah well, i'll try later.....

Not according to some posts a minute or 2 ago!

• Advertisement

did you get kicked out or was it still refreshing?

Not according to some posts a minute or 2 ago!

Well its coming up this for all dates in Dublin now so I presume its sold out:

"Oh-no! These tickets went fast and we're unable to find more right now."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,433 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

No, one at at time.

I'm in a foul mood cos I had GA tickets twice, and then they rejected my credit card. A credit card which has worked perfectly on their website many times. Most recent only a few weeks ago. I'm absolutely fuming. I can handle the instant sell outs, but this malarkey is not on.

It is looking like it is sold out now, except for their €600+ "platinum tickets". I wouldn't even pay the €200ish for normal seating. Well I can't afford it, and that annoys me, not that I personally can't afford it, but that there will be many in the same situation. Of course the €39 ones went in a nanosecond.

did you get kicked out or was it still refreshing?

Well what happened was, the 3 tickets (€39.05) that I was looking for, was still refreshing, then up popped a message for the €81 tickets available, but I clicked search again for the €39.05 ones and you can guess the rest :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭leex

Had 2 (1 for Mon event and 1 for Tue) laptops logged in from after 8am. They did their auto refresh at 9 and after a few minutes I was asked what tickets I wanted - selected 2 sitting. Stayed sitting in queue for about 15mins.

I logged onto a 3rd laptop at about 9.15am, did a search for Tue and got 2 seating within a few mins while the other 2 laptops were still stuck in Queue.

It is a strange system. :)

Well what happened was, the 3 tickets (€39.05) that I was looking for, was still refreshing, then up popped a message for the €81 tickets available, but I clicked search again for the €39.05 ones and you can guess the rest :(

Im still in the queue

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭iancairns

musicmania wrote: »

No, one at at time.

I'm in a foul mood cos I had GA tickets twice, and then they rejected my credit card. A credit card which has worked perfectly on their website many times. Most recent only a few weeks ago. I'm absolutely fuming. I can handle the instant sell outs, but this malarkey is not on.

It is looking like it is sold out now, except for their €600+ "platinum tickets". I wouldn't even pay the €200ish for normal seating. Well I can't afford it, and that annoys me, not that I personally can't afford it, but that there will be many in the same situation. Of course the €39 ones went in a nanosecond.
    This This This. Same thing happened to me. Even rang to rant. I can handle missing the boat but 3 times I get in with GA €81 tickets for the Tuesday, Friday and Friday again. Each time I got an error.
    "Current Cart has No Outstanding Balance"
    "Sorry TAP returned an unknown error"
    "Server down, try again later"
    I added in an additional visa card an nothing worked.
    This was all on APP, always find more success with app over desktop.
    Just pissed off as dunno what else I could have done one in my cart. 3 times ffs :(

I logged into Ticketmaster at 8.45am this morning in work. My screen is facing a wall so I could log on without getting caught. Had tabs open for all 4 dates in Dublin and I was not once offered any form of ticket for any of the dates! Kept refreshing the pages and nothing! When I hear stories on here of people logging into the website at 10.00am and getting tickets it drives me absolutely insane......

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

I very much doubt anyone waiting in the 'queue' will get anything. I refreshed my page earlier and was offered tickets. Was just spinning before I refreshed.

• Advertisement

Wheety wrote: »
    I very much doubt anyone waiting in the 'queue' will get anything. I refreshed my page earlier and was offered tickets. Was just spinning before I refreshed.

Why would it not just say 'no tickets available? why keep searching?

I logged into Ticketmaster at 8.45am this morning in work. My screen is facing a wall so I could log on without getting caught. Had tabs open for all 4 dates in Dublin and I was not once offered any form of ticket for any of the dates! Kept refreshing the pages and nothing! When I hear stories on here of people logging into the website at 10.00am and getting tickets it drives me absolutely insane......

When you have 4 tabs open in the same browser they can interfere with each other and each time you refresh one, it refreshes the others too.

Why would it not just say 'no tickets available? why keep searching?

It's not searching. It's just stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

Wheety wrote: »

This. If it’s spinning for more than a few minutes, the page has frozen I think .. refresh and try again !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Am getting offered £185 seated tickets for Belfast when I'm searching only for standing. Not sure why it's doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

4 tabs in one browser type is one session. All you did was disrupt each tab by refreshing the others. Next time use multiple browser types. E.g. firefox, chrome and edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

veganrun wrote: »
    Am getting offered £185 seated tickets for Belfast when I'm searching only for standing. Not sure why it's doing that.

For the Belfast concerts it seems to offer alternatives if your selection isn’t available

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Mitzy

Has anyone noticed that no tickets are appearing on Seatwave for any of the Dublin shows (not that I'd buy any there).
    Wonder if U2 have banned resales???

4 tabs in one browser type is one session. All you did was disrupt each tab by refreshing the others. Next time use multiple browser types. E.g. firefox, chrome and edge.

Multiple browsers and devices. The app is usually good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,652 ✭✭✭bren2001

v10 wrote: »
    This. If it’s spinning for more than a few minutes, the page has frozen I think .. refresh and try again !

For large gigs, they will give you a wait time (which is never indicative of the actual wait time). You could be in that for an hour and get tickets at the end.

If for a small gig youre in a queue and the logo is just spinning for more than a few minutes, then yes, youre stuck in code purgatory. You could be in the queue until the day of the gig.

It baffles me that some people don't know how to use the Ticketmaster website properly. I rarely have an issue getting tickets and it just takes a small bit of reading through a few threads on here.

Advertisement