Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jaimz30

Not even tickets on its whoring subsidiary website which is strange

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭iancairns

bren2001 wrote: »
    v10 wrote: »
    This. If it’s spinning for more than a few minutes, the page has frozen I think .. refresh and try again !

For large gigs, they will give you a wait time (which is never indicative of the actual wait time). You could be in that for an hour and get tickets at the end.

If for a small gig youre in a queue and the logo is just spinning for more than a few minutes, then yes, youre stuck in code purgatory. You could be in the queue until the day of the gig.

It baffles me that some people don't know how to use the Ticketmaster website properly. I rarely have an issue getting tickets and it just takes a small bit of reading through a few threads on here.
    I never understand people when they say "in the queue" for the last half hour. It's never ever more than a couple minutes. Can only assume their system has hung/crashed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

I did notice on the website when it came up with the red writing for no tickets available for your section. There was no seatwave tickets offered like previous

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Bummer1234 wrote: »
    There was no seatwave tickets offered like previous

The way it should be!!

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭mimimcmc

Mitzy wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that no tickets are appearing on Seatwave for any of the Dublin shows (not that I'd buy any there).
    Wonder if U2 have banned resales???

I noticed this too, had a look on toutless and found this

"Due to artist restrictions requiring the original buyer to attend these events we will not be allowing buying/sellling/swapping of tickets Via the regular forums for the following events:

Ed Sheeran 2018 Tour All Venues.
    Noel Gallagher 2018 tour
    Iron Maiden 2018 Tour
    U2 2018 Tour Irish Venues."

So I don't think they'll go up on Seatwave as they can't flog them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭musicmania

Jaimz30 wrote: »
    Not even tickets on its whoring subsidiary website which is strange

I'd put Platinum in that category. €650 a ticket.

I rang the bank to see if there was an attempt by TM to use my card, and there wasn't, and confirmed what I already know, that my card is fine, and there were plenty of funds available for the transaction. (for GA tickets) G-d TM know how to really p people off.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jaimz30

There was tickets available last night on there....i'm guessing they'll wait for the furore to die down a little

• Registered Users Posts: 1,851 ✭✭✭Bummer1234

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    The way it should be!!

Ohh believe me...Id never even consider of using that website on sale day...Always was a punch in the ribs to see that pop up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

mimimcmc wrote: »
    I noticed this too, had a look on toutless and found this

"Due to artist restrictions requiring the original buyer to attend these events we will not be allowing buying/sellling/swapping of tickets Via the regular forums for the following events:

Ed Sheeran 2018 Tour All Venues.
    Noel Gallagher 2018 tour
    Iron Maiden 2018 Tour
    U2 2018 Tour Irish Venues."

So I don't think they'll go up on Seatwave as they can't flog them
    Only for standing. Seating are normal tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Just saw a seat close to mine that I paid €88 going for €300 on Viagogimps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭bigguns2

Well done to all that got tickets, I didn't manage to get any myself :(

Hopefully I can get one or two closer to the day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Wheety wrote: »
    Only for standing. Seating are normal tickets.

There was some terms and conditions to be ticked for the seats too ,about ID being required ,it was on the final purchase page .

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭claw14

Does this mean you cannot "exchange" standing tickets with someone who had seated tickets?
    I have 2 standing (And am very happy, as I know lots didn't get any) but I would rather seated. I know there are people out there that would love to swap seated for standing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

musicmania wrote: »
    I'd put Platinum in that category. €650 a ticket...

My theory is that this is how they'll combat any future legislation banning (ticketmaster's own) secondary touting sites..
    Just tout them on their own site instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭xtal191

claw14 wrote: »
    Does this mean you cannot "exchange" standing tickets with someone who had seated tickets?
    I have 2 standing (And am very happy, as I know lots didn't get any) but I would rather seated. I know there are people out there that would love to swap seated for standing.

I'm sure you could meet them at the venue at let them in with your credit/debit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Second Belfast show just added!

xtal191 wrote: »
    I'm sure you could meet them at the venue at let them in with your credit/debit card.

So that is the only way to do it........dang.
    I realise why they do it, but it is very prohibitive on genuine fans who want to swap tickets, for whatever reason.
    No easy way to stop the touts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Another Paris and Belfast date added. Any chance of more Dublin? Plenty of dates available.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭bigguns2

lambayire wrote: »
    Second Belfast show just added!

On sale in 6 days

claw14 wrote: »
    So that is the only way to do it........dang.
    I realise why they do it, but it is very prohibitive on genuine fans who want to swap tickets, for whatever reason.
    No easy way to stop the touts.

It does have it's benefits though. It would be a bit harder to ask for €500.00 for a ticket in person, queue with the person and then scan in said person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Wheety wrote: »
    It's not searching. It's just stuck.

In a moment, and now you can’t get out of it?

Don’t say that later will be better...

It does have it's benefits though. It would be a bit harder to ask for €500.00 for a ticket in person, queue with the person and then scan in said person.

Totally agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭robo

Anyone searching for the last half hour and get one? I am still searching and waiting whilst I work in work!

In the US ,the touts just buy the tickets on a prepaid credit card and give that to the buyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

In the US ,the touts just buy the tickets on a prepaid credit card and give that to the buyer.

That's pretty clever

• Registered Users Posts: 10,433 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AOQysQKE8A

Great footage of the gig in Croke Pk last year ....

Its as close as I'm gonna get to see them live ............................ :(

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

greenspurs wrote: »

Its as close as I'm gonna get to see them live ............................ :(

There will be tickets released the week of the gigs so if you are vigilant and subscribe to this thread you will get in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

2nd Belfast show added for 28 Oct, onsale next Friday 9am

There will be tickets released the week of the gigs so if you are vigilant and subscribe to this thread you will get in.

+1. This thread is the reason I got tickets for Dublin5 in 2015 and Croke Park last year. Its a good idea to keep abreast of the chit chat in here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Hopefully more cheap seat tickets for the Friday and Saturday gigs will be released as well in the final week too :o

Advertisement