Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Hopefully more cheap seat tickets for the Friday and Saturday gigs will be released as well in the final week too :o

Really??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

youngblood wrote: »
    Really??

Yes, once stages are set up more tickets are usually released in dribs and drabs for concerts. You will notice people getting lucky on Ticketmaster between now and the shows. Arcade Fire was sold out a few months ago in the Point and tickets are available again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

youngblood wrote: »
    Really??

Yep, well i nabbed 2 last year on the Friday, the day before the croker gig, cheap ones as well in the upper cusack, view was'nt bad, so its possible....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭LowOdour

Used TM app for first time..took about 3 minutes to accept card details so had about 5 seconds t finish booking but no luck...didn't go through

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Managed to get 4 upper tier tickets for Milan. Rather standing but glad I got something.

Dublin was a disaster. Not a sniff of a ticket.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

Tried this morning at exactly 9 for the red zone, it immediately came up with no tickets available, would they have all gone in the presale?

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

claw14 wrote: »
    Does this mean you cannot "exchange" standing tickets with someone who had seated tickets?
    I have 2 standing (And am very happy, as I know lots didn't get any) but I would rather seated. I know there are people out there that would love to swap seated for standing.
    If you dont trust them with your credit card youll have to walk up to entrance 1 or 3 with them for your card to be scanned for their entry and then walk back to entrance 2 and enter the seating area in the usual way with your paper tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

Tickets on sale on eBay now one ad has standing starting bid 200euros. It says it's an eticket but pretty sure all standing is paperless.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭claw14

If you dont trust them with your credit card youll have to walk up to entrance 1 or 3 with them for your card to be scanned for their entry and then walk back to entrance 2 and enter the seating area in the usual way with your paper tickets.
    Ok, Thanks for that.
    May look closer the date if people want to swap standing for seating.
    Just happy to be going for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

fennor72 wrote: »
    Tickets on sale on eBay now one ad has standing starting bid 200euros. It says it's an eticket but pretty sure all standing is paperless.

No tickets. You swipe your credit card on the way in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

failed here also....
    belfast and paris it might be , i even had zero luck in the presale with u2 sub....
    hope theres a presale for them !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Got tickets but it can be annoying & seems like pure luck.

Had the same problem as others on the app. Had good enough seats in my cart at 9.01 & couldn’t checkout. Got 4 or 5 different errors.

Tried app & website on PC until 10, no joy. My girlfriend was busy until 10. She text me at 10.05, got 2 standing for Tuesday on her first try. On her phone, browser I think rather than app.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Got tickets but it can be annoying & seems like pure luck.

Had the same problem as others on the app. Had good enough seats in my cart at 9.01 & couldn’t checkout. Got 4 or 5 different errors.

Tried app & website on PC until 10, no joy. My girlfriend was busy until 10. She text me at 10.05, got 2 standing for Tuesday on her first try. On her phone, browser I think rather than app.

That's the first time I've come across that error we all got on the app, on side a wide scale anyways. Usually the app is flawless (once the tickets are in the basket).

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Because the stage set up will be similar to that used in I&E, they will know the lie of the land already regarding what seats will be available.

Therefore I would highly doubt that any "drop" or tickets which may happen will be in the same ball park as the last time around, ie there will be very few if indeed there is any at all.

The only "drop" of tickets that I can see might occur will be something already planned, maybe to combat the touts

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

If i have seated tickets i want to Sell ( Face Value) - can i do it ?
    Got tickets for the belfast gig too so will be going to that instead.

Not based in Dublin area so don't plan on having to go to Dublin just to scan my credit Card

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

carq wrote: »
    If i have seated tickets i want to Sell ( Face Value) - can i do it ?
    Got tickets for the belfast gig too so will be going to that instead.

Not based in Dublin area so don't plan on having to go to Dublin just to scan my credit Card

i presume so
    what seats
    what night?

Seve OB wrote: »
    i presume so
    what seats
    what night?

Monday Night - Block P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Monday Night - Block P

Seated tickets are physical tickets so you can just sell them, without having to worry about using a credit card, can you not?

Seated tickets are physical tickets so you can just sell them, without having to worry about using a credit card, can you not?

I hope So - I got an email saying tickets would be sent out but the Restricted tickets thing on Toutless gave me a fright.

Happy to give anyone here who missed out first refusal - 417€ for 2 - Face Value .

Update - Bigguns2 has first refusal on these

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Seve OB wrote: »
    Because the stage set up will be similar to that used in I&E, they will know the lie of the land already regarding what seats will be available.

Therefore I would highly doubt that any "drop" or tickets which may happen will be in the same ball park as the last time around, ie there will be very few if indeed there is any at all.

The only "drop" of tickets that I can see might occur will be something already planned, maybe to combat the touts

You are forgetting about the amount of tickets they have earmarked for Platinum tickets that will not be sold and go back on general sale.
    With Seatwave not reselling tickets you can be sure Ticketmaster will have put aside a huge stash of tickets for Platinum sales.

I just had a look there out of curiousity ,the Platinum tickets are in the upper tiers ,Block N and P,650 euro .
    650 euro to sit in row thirty something is absolutely vile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

I hope So - I got an email saying tickets would be sent out but the Restricted tickets thing on Toutless gave me a fright.

Happy to give anyone here who missed out first refusal - 417€ for 2 - Face Value .

Be careful though, I think I read this morning that I.D. will have be shown at entry....

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Dutchy

Hi guys

Bought two platinum tickets in error.
    I was refreshing like mad and when two tickets became available on app I didnt really absorb the price and bought the yokes.
    I read on ticketmaster that you can't cancel for refund tickets. Is this against the law however as I thought a cooling off period for all online purchases? I know, I'm a dope and it is a lesson learned. Trying to now sell them on adverts and being called a tout but am genuinely looking to shift them at face value.

*this comment was sponsored by SpecSavers - should have gone to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Dutchy wrote: »
    Hi guys

87wQl.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

Just bought 2 seated tickets on Viagogo. Paid an extra 80 quid for each ticket, not too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    Just bought 2 seated tickets on Viagogo. Paid an extra 80 quid for each ticket, not too bad.

you coulda got 2 tickets for an extra 25 each by signing up for membership the past 2 days:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Good for you, but I would never feed the touts........then again Im still holding out for the cheap tickets........., its all I can afford.....

you coulda got 2 tickets for an extra 25 each by signing up for membership the past 2 days:confused:

I know, only saw that this morning.. come concert time I will have forgotten the extra money we paid. The

Good for you, but I would never feed the touts........

Your right, but always wanted to see them, last summer we were in Sweden when the concert was on..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Hi guys

I was refreshing like mad and when two tickets became available on app I didnt really absorb the price and bought the yokes.
    I read on ticketmaster that you can't cancel for refund tickets. Is this against the law however as I thought a cooling off period for all online purchases? I know, I'm a dope and it is a lesson learned. Trying to now sell them on adverts and being called a tout but am genuinely looking to shift them at face value.

The app stuck them first ahead of general tickets in the list :D

Are they even good seats?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭GuitarTown

Hi guys

Seems to be a new policy

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/fan-guarantee/

We give you three days to change your mind.Tickets are fully refundable for 72 hours after purchase, up until two weeks before the event. Please read our purchase policy. For futher details on the terms of our Fan Guarantee and request your refund through our refund form.*

Advertisement