Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

If I joined U2's website (for $50!) what are my chances of getting tickets in presale for the extra Belfast gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

If I joined U2's website (for $50!) what are my chances of getting tickets in presale for the extra Belfast gig?
    Quite good I'd imagine.

GuitarTown wrote: »
    Seems to be a new policy

https://help.ticketmaster.ie/fan-guarantee/

We give you three days to change your mind.Tickets are fully refundable for 72 hours after purchase, up until two weeks before the event. Please read our purchase policy. For futher details on the terms of our Fan Guarantee and request your refund through our refund form.*
    Fan Guarantee does not apply to VIP tickets, Platinum tickets, Packages or Season tickets
    Just saw the seats. Block P :eek: Upper tier for that price, not even near the front. That's crazy. What else do you get for that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Wheety wrote: »
    Just saw the seats. Block P :eek: Upper tier for that price, not even near the front. That's crazy. What else do you get for that?

A feeling of being ripped off.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Its sick.
    Its blatantly obvious that hardly any of the lower tiers went on general sale or were available in the presale.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Guys...

A mate of mine, hardcore U2 fan and a multi talented musician missed out on a ticket today. He is absolutely distraught.

If any of you have a spare or are selling a ticket for Monday, Friday or Saturday, give me a shout. Send me a Pm or something.

Talking to him today, I genuinely felt bad for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

Does anyone know what the view would.be like in section c. From.the seat set up it looks the screen will completely block my view when u2 are on stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,435 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

bclar12 wrote: »
    Guys...

A mate of mine, hardcore U2 fan and a multi talented musician missed out on a ticket today. He is absolutely distraught.

If any of you have a spare or are selling a ticket for Monday, Friday or Saturday, give me a shout. Send me a Pm or something.

Yeh, him and everyone else that hasn't got one ....... :rolleyes:

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Stuckforcash

Guys...

Tell him to keep practising and he too could someday have legions of disappointed fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

Guys...

Tell him to pay for a subscription to U2.com and use his Presale Code for the second Belfast gig on Oct 28.
    I picked up 2 GA tickets for Belfast at 5.30 last Wednesday evening...Demand won't be as crazy as for Dublin gigs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

Anyone else who bought e-tickets not showing? I have got them but when I check the app the screen is blank. Saying also print from home, but that's not working either. They are seated tickets by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭leex

martin101 wrote: »
    Anyone else who bought e-tickets not showing? I have got them but when I check the app the screen is blank. Saying also print from home, but that's not working either. They are seated tickets by the way.

I have same issue. See separate thread here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

martin101 wrote: »

Ticketmaster customer service on twitter have said they are working to fix this problem for Dublin and Belfast gigs and will update in due course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Don't worry, I'm sure those people will get over their disappointment when they revert back to typing "Pay your taxes, Bono" on the Journal.ie

Cui Bono, wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

I've tickets for Belfast and they say that they are "Stand - Row 443" - no seat number given - anyone know are these floor / standing tickets???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭badabing106

I've tickets for Belfast and they say that they are "Stand - Row 443" - no seat number given - anyone know are these floor / standing tickets???

Standing. Standing tickets always have a row allocated to them

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Ticketmaster customer service on twitter have said they are working to fix this problem for Dublin and Belfast gigs and will update in due course.

Yep - I rang Ticketmaster. Lovely lady said the emails would go out next week. Phew! Got two for the 9 Nov - my birthday!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭webpal

Just went on seatwave as I’ve been reading all day about it and I can’t see anything for Dublin, am I missing something? I can see other cities

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Guys...

If he was really a Hardcore fan he would have signed up to the website and gotten pre sale access

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭xper

Well I had luck with me this week. Got two Saturday standing tickets with my album code straight away on Wednesday and then two more in the general sale after a fraught 45 minutes of Find Tickets, ... Sorry, no ... Find Tickets ... Sorry, no ... . There was brief drama when the app would not allow me to use my saved credit card for the second purchase and I entered the expiry date incorrectly at the first attempt of using my debit card but thankfully the order went through.

My mates on the other hand had no joy so I currently have HERO status.

Now, I wonder when four of us rock up to the venue will there be an issue with the fact that two of the tickets are GA1 and linked to my credit card and the other pair are GA2 and linked to my debit card. Anybody any experience with this scenario? Are they likely to be complete nazis about it?

• Advertisement

xper wrote: »
    Well I had luck with me this week. Got two Saturday standing tickets with my album code straight away on Wednesday and then two more in the general sale after a fraught 45 minutes of Find Tickets, ... Sorry, no ... Find Tickets ... Sorry, no ... . There was brief drama when the app would not allow me to use my saved credit card for the second purchase and I entered the expiry date incorrectly at the first attempt of using my debit card but thankfully the order went through.

My mates on the other hand had no joy so I currently have HERO status.

Now, I wonder when four of us rock up to the venue will there be an issue with the fact that two of the tickets are GA1 and linked to my credit card and the other pair are GA2 and linked to my debit card. Anybody any experience with this scenario? Are they likely to be complete nazis about it?
    Just give one of your mate's one of the cards and meet up inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭xper

Just give one of your mate's one of the cards and meet up inside.
    Well that did occur to me but if they check ID he's screwed, he looks nothing like me. And the women less so! I've never used card entry so not sure how strict/awkward they are or is it really just swipe and enter?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭colcatscar

Will have to take a day off work next time to try and get tickets due to stupid internet restriction policy in work. Was delighted with myself after nabbing 2 tickets for the Tuesday 6th, Block J, row 48 I think, seats 56 & 57. Went to pay and all was good until card verification. All that came up was a blank section with a sad face saying restricted access. Refresh and still blank section. Tried to ring Ticketmaster but couldn't get through in time to save the tickets. Gutted!! Enjoy the show whoever got my tickets!!

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭odddavey

Totally forgot about it. First gig was the Saturday show in 87. Heard an ad at 20 past nine on 2fm and took the phone out and on the 2nd attempt got 2 standing tickets for the Monday. All done in less than 10 minutes. Pure luck in getting them.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

fennor72 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the view would.be like in section c. From.the seat set up it looks the screen will completely block my view when u2 are on stage.

I'd say you'll have a peach of a view. I was block D in 2015. Fairly accute view of the screen but I could see the band perfectly onstage! Was a gem of a ticket and perhaps the best U2 gig I've seen! Epic!

Seve OB wrote: »
    If he was really a Hardcore fan he would have signed up to the website and gotten pre sale access

True that tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

Ticket pdfs available to view/print now.

I cannot wait for these gigs!

It's very special seeing them indoors imo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

I cannot wait for these gigs!

It's very special seeing them indoors imo

Yes! The show I was at in 2015 transformed my opinion of U2. It was one of the most special shows I've been to. It was my first U2 show, and it blew me away. The entire concept just clicked, and the fact they were on form.

I've high expectations for this tour and I can't wait to see how the new songs are incorporated into a set and how the show will flow. I've had the album on a fair few times this week. Might throw it on now again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

xper wrote: »

There will be no issues ,they will just swipe the two cards ,there will be no ID checks .

There were two standing entrances in 2015 for the shows you could enter whichever you wanted and the staff were very relaxed ,it was mostly young fellas who honestly couldnt care less.

Advertisement