Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭odddavey

xper wrote: »
    Now, I wonder when four of us rock up to the venue will there be an issue with the fact that two of the tickets are GA1 and linked to my credit card and the other pair are GA2 and linked to my debit card. Anybody any experience with this scenario? Are they likely to be complete nazis about it?
    Ticket master have an option to transfer your tickets to someone else. No charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

odddavey wrote: »
    Ticket master have an option to transfer your tickets to someone else. No charge.

I doubt that will work with credit card entry tickets,otherwise it would defeat the purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭xper

There will be no issues ,they will just swipe the two cards ,there will be no ID checks .

There were two standing entrances in 2015 for the shows you could enter whichever you wanted and the staff were very relaxed ,it was mostly young fellas who honestly couldnt care less.
    Cool. Good to know

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

Hi all,

a friend has x2 seated tickets for U2 in Dublin, bought with card online, if I buy from him can I still enter the arena? He will be away with work so won't be around, thanks for advice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

Hi all,

a friend has x2 seated tickets for U2 in Dublin, bought with card online, if I buy from him can I still enter the arena? He will be away with work so won't be around, thanks for advice

Yes, those tickets will need to be printed and presented at the venue for entry, no credit/debit card needed with you.

• Advertisement

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Yes, those tickets will need to be printed and presented at the venue for entry, no credit/debit card needed with you.

thanks for that, what is the restriction then? are they for the standing tickets only?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

thanks for that, what is the restriction then? are they for the standing tickets only?

Yes standing tickets are credit/debit card entry, all other tickets you don’t need the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

andrew1977 wrote: »
    Yes standing tickets are credit/debit card entry, all other tickets you don’t need the card.

And even at that, if it's your mate and he trusts you, all you have to have is the card. No I'd checked last time around.

I presume I will be OK bringing my kid. She will be nearly 10 and we have seats?

Anyone any experience at bringing a kid to a gig like this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

FYI

Ticketmaster Card Entry (Paperless) – everything you need to know
    How does it work?

When you book for a show, the card you use to pay will then act as your tickets to get you in on the night. It's all very clever – our scanning system, will recognise the credit card you made your purchase with, so on the night they just swipe your card, check it against your ID to make sure you are who you say you are, then you're in. No paper tickets through the post and no going to the box office to pick your tickets up.

One thing to remember – your whole group will need to arrive together. As the cardholder, you're the important one! Your guests will need to arrive with you to get in.

Virtual credit cards won't work as there's nothing to scan on the night – you'll need to use a physical card that you can take along with you.

Can I authorise someone else to use my tickets?

You can't – Card Entry ticketing is designed to stop tickets from being passed on or resold, so this would make it too easy for resellers to get round the system. Please only buy tickets if you’re sure you're definitely going to the event. If your circumstances can change quite quickly, maybe you should leave it up to someone else in the group to book the tickets.

We will try to help where we can though – we know that things can come up, so if your circumstances do change, get in touch with our customer services team and we'll try to help.

What if I go to the entrance with my kids and swipe my card – can they go in without me?

This isn't allowed – you, as the cardholder, actually have to go into the venue, watch the show and have a good time. If your kids ask you to book tickets for them and it's a Card Entry event, they'll have to make the booking on their own card if they want to go without you being there.

Can I transfer my order onto another card?

We can only ever transfer onto another card if the one you booked with has been cancelled, lost or stolen. It would still have to be in your name and address, so we can't transfer onto someone else's card.

Can I buy Card Entry Tickets with a Ticketmaster Gift Card or Virtual Credit Card?

No. Sorry – You need to use a credit card or a Visa / Mastercard Debit Card in order to purchase Credit Card Entry tickets.

What do I need to take with me on the night?

Confirmation of booking.
    The credit/debit card used to buy the tickets.
    Photo ID – that's a drivers’ license / Proof of Age Card or Passport.

What if I don't have a drivers’ license Proof of Age Card or Passport?

It's going to be really strict on the night, so you will need some state issued photo ID. If you can't provide the right ID, you might not get in – and we can't refund unless the event actually gets cancelled. To avoid problems, if you don't have any photo ID, it's best to get someone else in your group to order the tickets.

Will I get any paper tickets before the show?

No, sorry! If it's a Card Entry event, just bring yourself, your card, photo ID and your reference number.

What if my friends won't be there until later?

The whole group does need to go in together. If your friends are late and you go in without them, they won't get in.

What if my card that I purchased my tickets with is lost or stolen?

If you have Card Entry tickets and your card is lost or stolen contact our customer service team.

You’ll need to send us a copy of your credit card billing statement showing only the last four digits of your card.
    The name & address on the statement must match the name & address on your order

What if the credit card I used expires before the event?

Just bring the old card, or the replacement card with the same credit card number and updated expiry. If you destroyed your old card and your new one has a different number please contact customer service.

What if I forget to bring the credit card I used to purchase?

Oh no! Go straight to the box office for help. Each venue has its own policy, but they’ll probably ask for your photo ID and purchase confirmation email. You can show them the email on your phone, and the name on the email must match your ID.

I used a card I share with my spouse – can they get in without me?

As long as they’re an authorised card user! They’ll need to have a card with the exact same credit card number issued and their name on it. Just make sure your other half brings the card and photo ID.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, they are hardcopy tickets seating, not paperless, hopefully it will be okay

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

Thanks for that, they are hardcopy tickets seating, not paperless, hopefully it will be okay

They are both treated the same. Paperless is that.. no ticket just using the purchasing card for entry. These are only for standing

The best thing about me playing in stade De France as Ireland claim victory.
    It's a beautiful day

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Med101007

So Friday was a disaster for me in terms if tickets. I'm still hoping to bag even 1 ticket for the Belfast gig.
    If I sign up to U2.com am I guaranteed to be offered a ticket or how does it work?
    What are the chances of another gig or 2 been announced for Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

Med101007 wrote: »
    So Friday was a disaster for me in terms if tickets. I'm still hoping to bag even 1 ticket for the Belfast gig.
    If I sign up to U2.com am I guaranteed to be offered a ticket or how does it work?
    What are the chances of another gig or 2 been announced for Dublin?

No guarantee. You’ll be eligible for iNNOCENCE presale starting 9am Wednesday.

I’d say there’s every chance another 2 gigs will go ahead the following week but wouldn’t expect an announcement on it anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Med101007

Nunu wrote: »

I’d say there’s every chance another 2 gigs will go ahead the following week but wouldn’t expect an announcement on it anytime soon.

So I'm presuming the eXPERIENCE pre-sale starting 9am on Tuesday is for the long term U2 fan club members?
    For the Dublin shows did everyone who were eligible for the iNNOCENCE presale get offered tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Surely most people eligible for presale have managed to get 2 tickets somewhere by now, and so the code is used up. Especially experienced group.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭xper

Nunu wrote: »

Doesn't look likely:

"Tickets for the four U2 concerts in Dublin and one Belfast show sold out on Friday morning.

However, a second show has been announced for Belfast on October 28th with tickets going on sale on February 9th.

Live Nation and MCD have confirmed this will be the final added concert in Ireland ."
    Source: Irish Times

• Registered Users Posts: 12,593 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is U2 releasing an album of classic Pink Floyd tracks.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Re: Seatwave & other ticket touting sites. I watched a report there from RTÉ 6.1 News tonight which said the government will be considering proposed legislation to prevent ticket touting in the future. I saw the report because I saw a crowd of people wearing U2 Joshua Tree tour T-shirts while somewhere near Croker. :)

Here is the link

https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/0204/938231-ticket-investigation-documents/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Jaimz30

I'd say you'll have a peach of a view. I was block D in 2015. Fairly accute view of the screen but I could see the band perfectly onstage! Was a gem of a ticket and perhaps the best U2 gig I've seen! Epic!

The 2015 gig was for me up there with the best I've been at - they absolutely rocked; the indoor and relatively intimate gig worked excellently. I can't wait to experience the synchronization between albums and tours. Like you I was in section D and the band were unbelievably close - it was amazing to be able to look down at them that close rather than looking up. I was lucky enough in the presale but was disappointed on general sale (in the hope of securing better seats)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,411 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Re: Seatwave & other ticket touting sites. I watched a report there from RTÉ 6.1 News tonight which said the government will be considering proposed legislation to prevent ticket touting in the future. I saw the report because I saw a crowd of people wearing U2 Joshua Tree tour T-shirts while somewhere near Croker. :)

Here is the link

https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/0204/938231-ticket-investigation-documents/

I'd love to see a full version of the pro shot Croke Park footage they showed

Future release maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

On the Seatwave site, there are tickets (tiered seats) block C for the Friday gig, for a modestly priced €789 (per ticket as well), ffs......

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jaimz30

I made the prediction that Seatwave would join in on the resale of tickets once the initial furore had died down and how right I was. The opportunity to make money got too much for them........ mental prices but because of the unique setting and the success of the last concerts, people with lots of cash will fork it out, esp the Dubs when they don't have to factor in travel or hotel costs etc

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

2 x presale standing tickets secured for belfast sunday gig....
    ill miss dublin .....but hey!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

A kind boardsie sent me a code which almost secured me Belfast tickets just now. They were in my basket but the site timed me out when I still had 9 minutes. Needless to say when I tried again the code didn't work anymore. But I did get two tickets with the "join U2.com" option. Total cost £268. There should still be some available.

Anyone else still waiting on their gift?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Seve OB wrote: »

Yes, some joke

Yes, some joke

im also waiting on a t-shirt i bought in november with the album

ive emailed them early jan and was told the orders were ready to be dispatched

just sent another email there a while ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

Seve OB wrote: »

Yes, still waiting as well Seve. I keep meaning to send off an email. Once I have my tickets is the main thing.

Advertisement