Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

clickhere wrote: »
    Yes, still waiting as well Seve. I keep meaning to send off an email. Once I have my tickets is the main thing.

For 2017? I'm waiting too. They did say there was a production issue and they would recommence sending them in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭odddavey

Anyone looking for tickets on toutless will be disappointed. Banned the sale of them there. Prices are ridiculous on the other sites and a crazy booking fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

odddavey wrote: »
    Anyone looking for tickets on toutless will be disappointed. Banned the sale of them there. Prices are ridiculous on the other sites and a crazy booking fee.

So, the most ethical website is banned. Makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

So, the most ethical website is banned. Makes sense.

Toutless banned them, as they do with all tickets requiring ID checks or the original credit card to get in. Too messy for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Toutless banned them, as they do with all tickets requiring ID checks or the original credit card to get in. Too messy for them.

There's no win win situation at all really is there. Unless you get a ticket from TM it's a huge gamble/loss of money.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5 hero77

clickhere wrote: »
    Yes, still waiting as well Seve. I keep meaning to send off an email. Once I have my tickets is the main thing.

I received mine a couple of weeks ago for last year's membership.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

A kind boardsie sent me a code which almost secured me Belfast tickets just now. They were in my basket but the site timed me out when I still had 9 minutes. Needless to say when I tried again the code didn't work anymore. But I did get two tickets with the "join U2.com" option. Total cost £268. There should still be some available.

FFS, my first order which the site told me had disappeared actually went through, leaving me with two pairs of tickets. Before the rage subsides, allowing me to look at these muppets' website, can anyone tell me if I can give them back (for a refund)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

FFS, my first order which the site told me had disappeared actually went through, leaving me with two pairs of tickets. Before the rage subsides, allowing me to look at these muppets' website, can anyone tell me if I can give them back (for a refund)?

Just get them and sell them on to a fan in need.

You get your money back plus, you help someone out. Win win

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

You can get a refund within 72 hours of purchase ,new policy
    https://help.ticketmaster.ie/fan-guarantee/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭g0g

Was just looking on Seatwave out of curiosity. All seem to be seated. Do they block the ticketless standing tickets from being sold on then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Zardoz wrote: »
    You can get a refund within 72 hours of purchase ,new policy
    https://help.ticketmaster.ie/fan-guarantee/

Thanks for that. They even charge a fee :D

bclar12 wrote: »
    Just get them and sell them on to a fan in need.

You get your money back plus, you help someone out. Win win

Yeah, did this in the end and a work colleague of my wife claimed them. Easier all round and saves me giving Ticketmaster another few euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Jaimz30

g0g wrote: »
    Was just looking on Seatwave out of curiosity. All seem to be seated. Do they block the ticketless standing tickets from being sold on then?

It's looking that way, guess they can't find a way around the paperless system. Imagine the awkwardness of walking into a gig with two strangers you'd charged 500 quid each to see the same thing you paid 88 for :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

So if ticketmaster had of made this an entirely paperless ticket event with a window for genuine customers to return there tickets for resale through ticketmaster at face value rotten touting would be elimenated. There could even be a lanyard on entrance for those who like to keep mementos.

Then again I would say ticketmaster make a killing off of seatwave so I guess they don't give a fiddlers about fans been ripped off by touts! It's amazing the amount of people I've come across who fork out on grotesquely inflated tickets! Never never NEVER!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Jaimz30 wrote: »
    It's looking that way, guess they can't find a way around the paperless system. Imagine the awkwardness of walking into a gig with two strangers you'd charged 500 quid each to see the same thing you paid 88 for :eek:

There are many ways around the paperless system ,the simplest way is to buy the tickets on a prepaid debit card , and its commonplace in the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭Toast

odddavey wrote: »
    Anyone looking for tickets on toutless will be disappointed. Banned the sale of them there.

We've not banned sales/requests. We're allowing them within the terms of the restrictions on our Restricted Tickets section. Basically the named person on the ticket must attend but can bring others in. Swaps aren't allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭MML

Anyone trying for Belfast?
    The only option is for a subscription at an extra £45... what if you're already a member!?

According to U2.com, general public tickets are at 10am, but Ticketmaster's site says 9... which is correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

MML wrote: »
    The only option is for a subscription at an extra £45... what if you're already a member!?

That's very strange. Looks like TM chancing their arms there.

Seems like plenty of availability. Had a quick look and lots of areas on sale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

I can get tickets easily enough when I try

Not going though

No luck at all here... it's "Sorry, no tickets from venue currently"

• Advertisement

According to U2.com, general public tickets are at 10am, but Ticketmaster's site says 9... which is correct?

General Sale is 9am but Ticketmaster put them on sale before 9 ,I checked at 8.55 and you could buy tickets (without membership fee)

Another shambles by Ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭cramp

ref belfast got 6x standing!
    supposed to start at 9am, went to ticketmaster at 8.50am and they were already on sale!!!!
    couldnt buy 4 , went in 4 separate times and got 2 x standing offered each time,was actually bumbed off q 1st time!
    Gonna miss the dublin gigs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

TICKET ALERT

there is one ticket available n ticketmaser Block F, Row 26, for Tuesday Dublin show €201

€200+, I'd want a VIP room in the Clarence with my ticket, disgusting price!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Loads of £185 seats showing up for second Belfast date atm

I refuse to pay over €100 for a stand alone gig. A festival? Sure. 1 gig? Fvck right off. Granted I said at one point years ago €60 was the tops. The market has gone insane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I refuse to pay over €100 for a stand alone gig. A festival? Sure. 1 gig? Fvck right off. Granted I said at one point years ago €60 was the tops. The market has gone insane.

I'd have to agree, €100 is pretty much where I stop. It'd have to be someone at the very top of my bucket list for me to breach that and even then I don't think I could stomach going above €120.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

As a rule, €100 would be as much as I would go for a concert/football ticket.

I'm as big a U2 fan as you will find anywhere. I'd probably push it to €150 to see them.... unless of course I win the Euromillions tonight. In that case I might stretch to the €201 :D

100 euro is my max too ,above that I have rarely gone.
    I can afford it but I just dont think it is worth it for a night out when I factor in travel costs,accommodation ,food ,drink etc.

It seems Ticketmaster in the States and Ticketone in Milan have started reducing some of the upper tier top price seats to boost sales.
    Two fingers to the early purchasers basically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

I see U2 have just posted a snippet of the Discotheque video on Instagram to mark 20 years since its release this week.

Hopefully an indication that the setlist for E&I will revisit some of these gems!

Advertisement