Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

The Nal wrote: »
    Great setlist though. Even though they only played for 45 mins.

1. Mofo
    2. Discothe
    3. Zoo Station
    4. Zooropa
    5. Invisible (Most people went for a piss)
    6. Daddy's Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car
    7. Lemon (Perfecto mix, Guggi on synths, Gav Friday posing)

Unreal setlist, kind of Marty McFly style from Back to the Future. It was actually at the Enchantment Under the Towers Dance. After the first part of the set, Dick was out smoking a cig and heard a noise coming from inside his car. A couple of Virgin Prunes had locked Dave and the keys inside the boot. Dick cut his hand with a screwdriver while trying to get the car boot open and could no longer play the guitar. Dave had to jump in his in place so the band could finish the set. They played a few popular tunes such as Shadows and Tall Trees, Stories for Boys and even Dancing in the Moonlight. But when Bono asked Dave to play something that really cooked, he came up with he above setlist. It kind of took the audience by surprise and there was state of shock across their faces by the time he was finished. He told the crowd that maybe they were no ready for that kind of music, but their kids were gonna love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Gav posing the highlight of that setlist for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Originally Posted by Wheety
    Well as suspected, my iNNOCENCE code will work for Dublin even though I've already used it.

Just tried it with Redzone. Obviously I didn't buy them but will try again with standing.
    UsedToWait wrote: »
    U2.com says your tickets and membership can be cancelled if you use it twice - not sure if bluffing, but I wouldn't risk it..

Just wondering if anyone's 'friend' went through with using their presale code more than once - surprised it's even possible, but I'm guessing the folks who follow them round don't have multiple u2.com subscriptions?

Interesting.........

27972363_10156431900771686_7778943917510055987_n.jpg?oh=9b621f098a1739cf8eb1006082e60064&oe=5B229535

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Seve OB wrote: »
    Interesting.........

27972363_10156431900771686_7778943917510055987_n.jpg?oh=9b621f098a1739cf8eb1006082e60064&oe=5B229535

I think we are going to get a long overdue earful of Pop on E&I!

All I need now is U2 to start posting pictures of Acrobats!..... One can dream!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

They have been posting about Pop quite a lot recently.

The Edge said he wanted to put songs from Pop into the set for the i&e tour, particularly Playboy Mansion but, the other three weren't feeling it.

Who knows... Would love to hear Discotheque, Mofo and a version of IGWSHA that does it justice

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭Hooks Golf Handicap

Lots of Single Platinum Seated for 9th & 10th currently up on Ticketmaster.
    At €201 a pop I said no.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Lots of Single Platinum Seated for 9th & 10th currently up on Ticketmaster.
    At €201 a pop I said no.

Isn't that the standard seating price, apart from the really cheap seats?

Wheety wrote: »
    Isn't that the standard seating price, apart from the really cheap seats?

€110

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

bclar12 wrote: »
    €110

By standard I mean the vast majority. When they were released it didn't look like there were many €110 tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 233 ✭✭Hooks Golf Handicap

This new batch all seem to be Platinum Tickets, the good seats if you will.
    They went mad over the 300 dollar seats in the US, it's not that far off it here.

Guy Oseary is a piece of work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Disgraceful pricing. The only way to teach them a lesson would be for them to play to empty seating, but sadly there seems to be loads of rich idiots out there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 427 ✭✭45mhrc7evo1d3n

Ticketmaster currently have several pairs of platinum tickets available for the Saturday night for €625 EACH :eek:. These seats are in the very back rows of Block N!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Ticketmaster currently have several pairs of platinum tickets available for the Saturday night for €625 EACH :eek:. I don't know how they can say Platinum tickets are the "best" seats when these ones are in the very back rows of Block N!

They dont say they are the best as they arent allowed.
    This is how they are labelled now
    Platinum Tickets are in demand tickets to concerts and other events made available by artists and event organisers through Ticketmaster

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/ticketmaster-platinum-seats-general-sale-banned-best-advertising-standards-authority-taylor-swift-a8141686.html

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Ticketmaster currently have several pairs of platinum tickets available for the Saturday night for €625 EACH :eek:. These seats are in the very back rows of Block N!

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Paid 118.50 for tickets for block n on the Tuesday night

• Registered Users Posts: 10,435 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Paid 118.50 for tickets for block n on the Tuesday night

I hope there is a big pillar in front of yaa... Haaaaahaaaaaa haa ahhhhaaa

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

bclar12 wrote: »
    The Edge said he wanted to put songs from Pop into the set for the i&e tour, particularly Playboy Mansion but, the other three weren't feeling it

In the 'current environment' you'd have 2 chances of Social Justice Warrior extraordinaire Bono singing The Playboy Mansion.

Time wasted singing 20 year old songs about old fashionned hedonism, that could be better spent by Bono virtue signalling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

greenspurs wrote: »
    I hope there is a big pillar in front of yaa... Haaaaahaaaaaa haa ahhhhaaa

There is not, so there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

lads bought 2 standing tickets for a friend on the mobile app and only realized now they are paperless(only went to print them now). do they check ID or am OK in just giving him my credit card on the night? Hes going the 3 arena dublin

FixitFelix wrote: »
    lads bought 2 standing tickets for a friend on the mobile app and only realized now they are paperless(only went to print them now). do they check ID or am OK in just giving him my credit card on the night? Hes going the 3 arena dublin

The official line is that ID is required but there were no ID checks in 2015 and I dont foresee any this year either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

The official line is that ID is required but there were no ID checks in 2015 and I dont foresee any this year either.

Grand stuff hopefully it should be Ok

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Threw caution to the wind and bought a peach of a ticket for the Manchester show on Oct 19th.
    Been to the Manchester arena twice, Depeche Mode 2001 and David Bowie 2003. Looking forward to seeing the full E+I production.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

I seen U2 there on the Elevation tour, I’m going on the 19th too but standing. Can’t wait

quote="poundhound;106170589"]Threw caution to the wind and bought a peach of a ticket for the Manchester show on Oct 19th.
    Been to the Manchester arena twice, Depeche Mode 2001 and David Bowie 2003. Looking forward to seeing the full E+I production.[/quote]

I think we are going to get a long overdue earful of Pop on E&I!

All I need now is U2 to start posting pictures of Acrobats!..... One can dream!

Well if you look like this and talk like that.....

Dream out loud, you know your time is coming round, and don't let the bastards grind you down

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Ticket prices began at €39.05. Anyone know how many were at that price, seems extremely low.

dinneenp wrote: »
    Ticket prices began at €39.05. Anyone know how many were at that price, seems extremely low.

All of Block D and the Block above it.
    Your view is limited because of the screen but, it's a cheap seat

Disgraceful pricing. The only way to teach them a lesson would be for them to play to empty seating, but sadly there seems to be loads of rich idiots out there.

Well whats interesting is the ticket pricing for the fourth Milan concert.
    They had trouble selling the top priced seats for the 3rd concert there so they basically reduced all of the upper level side seats from 225 euro to 120 about a week after the general sale.
    They also reduced some of the lower level side seats.

For the fourth gig that went on sale on Friday they reduced all of the upper level side seats from 225 to 120 after a few hours of the general sale as there were thousands left unsold.
    So some people paid 225 euro for a seat and a few hours later people paid 120 for the same area.

In fact it seems Ticketmaster Italy didnt discount the prices but Ticketone did so tickets were selling for different prices on different platforms.
    You'd wonder why they would discount the tickets so quickly ,the concerts arent until October ,8 months away .
    Complete gangsters either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Well whats interesting is the ticket pricing for the fourth Milan concert.
    They had trouble selling the top priced seats for the 3rd concert there so they basically reduced all of the upper level side seats from 225 euro to 120 about a week after the general sale.
    They also reduced some of the lower level side seats.

For the fourth gig that went on sale on Friday they reduced all of the upper level side seats from 225 to 120 after a few hours of the general sale as there were thousands left unsold.
    So some people paid 225 euro for a seat and a few hours later people paid 120 for the same area.

In fact it seems Ticketmaster Italy didnt discount the prices but Ticketone did so tickets were selling for different prices on different platforms.
    You'd wonder why they would discount the tickets so quickly ,the concerts arent until October ,8 months away .
    Complete gangsters either way.

Jesus that is absolutely disgraceful on every front.

The whole ticketing area seems the most unregulated joke shop thing ever. I’d be insisting I get a refund if I was one of idiots who paid the top dollar pre price cut premium.

Sickening stuff all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 justfortoday

Hi, looking for peoples opinion on this ...

I managed to purchase 12 tickets (12 !) for the U2 Friday Gig in the O2 in the general sale.

I'm not a tout and genuinely purchased tickets for family and friends that all plan on attending with me

I wasn't concerned about ticket-less as we'll all be together and I'll be able to produce the credit card used to purchase.

I guess I just got lucky on the day and managed to purchase two tickets, six times.

Anyway, on Friday I noticed on my visa account that I had been refunded for 2 tickets, then another 2 on Monday .. I went onto my Ticketmaster app, clicked on the orders only to be greeted with "This order has been voided, please contact customer care for more information"

No correspondence from Ticketmaster whatsoever, they just cancelled tickets !

I know some will say I didn't deserve to get 12 tickets or whatever but I had the same chance as anyone and as I said was just purchasing for family and friends.

Thoughts ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭optiplex780

There was a ticket limit of 4 tickets.

Advertisement