Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

Hi, looking for peoples opinion on this ...

I managed to purchase 12 tickets (12 !) for the U2 Friday Gig in the O2 in the general sale.

I'm not a tout and genuinely purchased tickets for family and friends that all plan on attending with me

I wasn't concerned about ticket-less as we'll all be together and I'll be able to produce the credit card used to purchase.

I guess I just got lucky on the day and managed to purchase two tickets, six times.

Anyway, on Friday I noticed on my visa account that I had been refunded for 2 tickets, then another 2 on Monday .. I went onto my Ticketmaster app, clicked on the orders only to be greeted with "This order has been voided, please contact customer care for more information"

No correspondence from Ticketmaster whatsoever, they just cancelled tickets !

I know some will say I didn't deserve to get 12 tickets or whatever but I had the same chance as anyone and as I said was just purchasing for family and friends.

Thoughts ?

Their rules are very clear and they are well within their rights to cancel your orders.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 justfortoday

There was a ticket limit of 4 tickets.
    Peter File wrote: »
    Their rules are very clear and they are well within their rights to cancel your orders.

Yeah, I guess I should have said I know about the ticket limit and that they're within their rights but was really looking for more than the obvious responses ... why take the sale in the first place ? why no notification ? what happens to the tickets now ?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,024 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yeah, I guess I should have said I know about the ticket limit and that they're within their rights but was really looking for more than the obvious responses ... why take the sale in the first place ? why no notification ? what happens to the tickets now ?

They take the order as they can't track if its the same person, address etc on first instance as there are too many variables such as someone using a second account, slightly different address etc so they track order sizes post sale.

They don't notify you as they state they will be cancelled without notice. Its arguable crappy but it is in their t&cs to protect against touting (which I know you're not, but they take a line on it).

I would imagine the tickets were re-released.

They take the order as they can't track if its the same person, address etc on first instance as there are too many variables such as someone using a second account, slightly different address etc so they track order sizes post sale.

Well they were all purchased with same card so that would be very easy to check at the time of purchase. So what do you think happens to the tickets ? They definitely haven't been put back on sale on website.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,652 ✭✭✭bren2001

Well they were all purchased with same card so that would be very easy to check at the time of purchase. So what do you think happens to the tickets ? They definitely haven't been put back on sale on website.

Easy to check is very subjective. Its not easy to check when thousands of people are trying to purchase tickets at the same time. Its done post-sale to ease pressure on their servers. Your tickets are gone. They may be put back on sale if production seats go on sale, they could be handed to people in TM. Its extremely unlikely they will give them back to you. I dunno why you ignored the 4 ticket rule (but that comment isnt overly helpful). I dunno what else you really want people to say, the tickets are gone.

• Advertisement

It would be very easy if that was the only check but because there are so many more metrics behind it, it's best doing it in one job rather than two processes.

The tickets will have been re-released or they will be when production tickets are released. Either way, they're unfortunately gone.

I'm aware they're gone and I'll survive (I'll still be going, I still have 8) .. I suppose I could have used a different card and address now that I look at it with 20/20 hindsight.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

you say they are for friends and family
    we don't know you, you are new here
    you could be telling the truth
    then again for all we know you could be a tout

ticketmaster don't know you either

so how do you think ticketmaster should act when they see a guy they don't know buying 3 times the number of tickets he is allowed?

Seve OB wrote: »
    you say they are for friends and family
    we don't know you, you are new here
    you could be telling the truth
    then again for all we know you could be a tout

ticketmaster don't know you either

so how do you think ticketmaster should act when they see a guy they don't know buying 3 times the number of tickets he is allowed?

True I suppose, but then not many touts will be entering the venue and showing the card they purchased the tickets with I'd imagine.

True I suppose, but then not many touts will be entering the venue and showing the card they purchased the tickets with I'd imagine.

Unfortunately they do. Sell three of the four tickets for a killing and walk in a few times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Out of curiosity, did you get the tickets in the presales or in the general sale?

Because if you for all those tickets in the general sale, that's one heck of an achievement!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

So it would seem they only do an audit just after the general sale meaning if they release extra tickets closer to the event you can exceed the limit .

The new design of the website actually makes it difficult to see the ticket limits ,I prefer the old layout .
    I'm aware they're gone and I'll survive (I'll still be going, I still have 8) .. I suppose I could have used a different card and address now that I look at it with 20/20 hindsight.

You are lucky you werent buying off Ticketone who sold tickets for the Milan gigs.
    They cancelled lots of orders from people who they believe exceeded the limits.Alot of these cancellations were unjust from reading on U2 forums.
    All orders cancelled and accounts closed .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,652 ✭✭✭bren2001

So it would seem they only do an audit just after the general sale meaning if they release extra tickets closer to the event you can exceed the limit .

The new design of the website actually makes it difficult to see the ticket limits ,I prefer the old layout .

You are lucky you werent buying off Ticketone who sold tickets for the Milan gigs.
    They cancelled lots of orders from people who they believe exceeded the limits.Alot of these cancellations were unjust from reading on U2 forums.
    All orders cancelled and accounts closed .

I hate the new layout!

lambayire wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, did you get the tickets in the presales or in the general sale?

Because if you for all those tickets in the general sale, that's one heck of an achievement!

All in the General sale ! I was surprised at how many came up to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

All in the General sale ! I was surprised at how many came up to be honest.
    I wouldn't go contacting them, they could cancel 4 more tickets and leave you with 4.
    They usually notify when a transaction is cancelled though

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I wouldn't go contacting them, they could cancel 4 more tickets and leave you with 4.
    They usually notify when a transaction is cancelled though

i was of the impression he had them all 12 cancelled and curently has none?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

Says he still has 8 ,Seve.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,838 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

clickhere wrote: »

Will be some laugh if they are all on one card ,will need to be swiped 4 times to get in and all 8 people will have to go in together.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Will be some laugh if they are all on one card ,will need to be swiped 4 times to get in and all 8 people will have to go in together.

Or he gets 4 more cancelled by ticketmaster the night before :D

It clearly said a ticket limit per card. Some people ehhh

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

When will tickets be physically posted out?

• Advertisement

Yeah, I still have 8.

No big deal, we all plan on travelling together (I said that already)
    Or he gets 4 more cancelled by ticketmaster the night before :D

yeah, it'd be hilarious .. pffft, jealous much ?
    carq wrote: »
    When will tickets be physically posted out?

Standing is ticket-less, so no physical ticket, seated are usually a few weeks before event.

yeah, it'd be hilarious .. pffft, jealous much ?

Jealous of the uncertainty you face right up until you walk in because you bought more than the allowed limit?

No, I'm quite happy with my fully legit pair of tickets face value standing for the Friday night thank you very much :pac:

Jealous of the uncertainty you face right up until you walk in because you bought more than the allowed limit?

No, I'm quite happy with my fully legit pair of tickets face value standing for the Friday night thank you very much :pac:

Ha, I'm am 100% certain I'll be there. and in Manchester. and in Madison Square Garden. Your Welcome very much ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭clickhere

Ha, I'm am 100% certain I'll be there. and in Manchester. and in Madison Square Garden. Your Welcome very much ;)

OK Billy big balls, go and gloat some where else. You signed up to boards to let us know how great you are.

Pity you can’t say the same about all but 3 of the poor bast#rds you conned out of money for their fake tickets :pac:

OK Billy big balls, go and gloat some where else. You signed up to boards to let us know how great you are.

Nope, came here to discuss Ticketmaster voiding tickets but then some people seemed to think it was funny, childish sense of humor I guess but whatever
    Pity you can’t say the same about all but 3 of the poor bast#rds you conned out of money for their fake tickets :pac:

Who has been conned out of money ? I bought all the tickets myself and was refunded for the cancelled ones. Fake tickets ? are you reading a different thread or just stupid ?

Who has been conned out of money ? I bought all the tickets myself and was refunded for the cancelled ones. Fake tickets ? are you reading a different thread or just stupid ?

They’re fake as they don’t exist as 4 of your tickets could legitimately be voided any time now between here and the gig. Hope you explained that to the poor suckers, or you’re just scummy/stupid.

They’re fake as they don’t exist as 4 of your tickets could legitimately be voided any time now between here and the gig. Hope you explained that to the poor suckers, or you’re just scummy/stupid.

OK, I'll say it again in case because you don't seem to understand. I bought all the tickets myself. There are no poor suckers as nobody has paid for the tickets but me, and I was refunded for the cancelled ones. Do you understand yet ?

You're also confused about the definition of fake, but like I said, you're probably just stupid.

OK, I'll say it again in case because you don't seem to understand. I bought all the tickets myself. There are no poor suckers as nobody has paid for the tickets but me, and I was refunded for the cancelled ones. Do you understand yet ?

You're also confused about the definition of fake, but like I said, you're probably just stupid.

So you haven’t promised them to friends and family? So they won’t be upset when 4 of them get refused entry on the night?

I’m not sure why you even posted your bullsh!t story. What’s the issue exactly? Your greed and stupidity (they clearly stated a 4 ticket limit) cost 8 genuine fans tickets that morning and for some bizarre reason felt you had to share it with us.

Yawn...

• Advertisement

So you haven’t promised them to friends and family? So they won’t be upset when 4 of them get refused entry on the night?

I’m not sure why you even posted your bullsh!t story. What’s the issue exactly? Your greed and stupidity (they clearly stated a 4 ticket limit) cost 8 genuine fans tickets that morning and for some bizarre reason felt you had to share it with us.

Yawn...

"Promised ?" No I never said that

"Cost 8 genuine fans tickets that morning ?" No, it cost them nothing

"Greed and stupidity ?" Tried to buy tickets for friends and family, sounds very greedy alright.

"They won’t be upset when 4 of them get refused entry on the night?" No, I don't plan to try and use any of the void tickets you twat.

"Yawn" .. exactly, go back to sleep.

Advertisement