Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Seve OB wrote: »
    just get them and sellt them on, or store them in the attic and sell them when Bono dies and they will be worth a fortune! :D

There’s 100s unwanted up on eBay already for next to nothing!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

There’s 100s unwanted up on eBay already for next to nothing!

how much is a copy of Melon going for?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,814 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

You'd get it for about 20 quid on CD, 50 on vinyl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

Wonder how much this bad boy would go for !! :D

8EC8C4BE-8AA5-472E-9D91-D3599AA1195F_zpsskhdlnml.jpeg

38173C50-CFED-476D-9EA9-AB55643DEBD9_zpsyvvy0yov.jpeg

2CAD4BA9-8B0B-4D8A-A4E4-C7C5431E7BDD_zpsbeuyb7oi.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

neilc wrote: »
    Wonder how much this bad boy would go for !! :D

Discogs is your best source for pricing vinyl!

• Advertisement

The Nal wrote: »
    You'd get it for about 20 quid on CD, 50 on vinyl.

dont think the vinyl was an official release, pretty sure it was only put out on cd.

some of the ones i spotted online over the years are quite clearly fakes. easy to spot... a cd jewel case is not going to be genuine as it was only in a cardboard sleave

i stand open to correction though

I have a still sealed first issue of achtung baby on vinyl, oh and one of zooropa, pop & atyclb. they must be worth a couple of bob, but nothing like a well oiled copy U23..... If my other half ever reads this and wants to chow her love me, well now she knows what to get me

dont think the vinyl was an official release, pretty sure it was only put out on cd.

Ah ok, explains why its so cheap then. Vinyl is a bootleg.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭thegreengoblin

some of the ones i spotted online over the years are quite clearly fakes. easy to spot... a cd jewel case is not going to be genuine as it was only in a cardboard sleave

i stand open to correction though

I have a still sealed first issue of achtung baby on vinyl, oh and one of zooropa, pop & atyclb. they must be worth a couple of bob, but nothing like a well oiled copy U23..... If my other half ever reads this and wants to chow her love me, well now she knows what to get me

Yeah it was a cardboard sleeve with Propaganda... that's how I ordered it anyway! Still have the CD and magazine. Golden days!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I for one hope U2 take a long break from playing Dublin at the end of this tour cause 2 years in a row spending big money on seeing them live is enough (over €320)

could they call it a day after this tour ??

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I for one hope U2 take a long break from playing Dublin at the end of this tour cause 2 years in a row spending big money on seeing them live is enough (over €320)

Can you just not go to the gig?

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »

Hate to think what it has cost me :eek:
    this time around (E+I) standing Friday & cheap seats on Saturday (kid) €354
    Joshua Tree Dublin & Twickenham both standing cost me best part of €400
    I&E 2 shows in Dublin & 1 in O2 London, probably amother €400+

expensive, but sure you know what, I enjoy the shows and over the years they really haven't played here that much.

I was really nervous about getting tickets this time around, but thankfully they came through. If they play again next year....... maybe they will dust off the cobwebs and bring the Lemon and shopping trolleys back to Lansdowne road.... I'll be there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Can you just not go to the gig?

MOFO FOMO

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Peeps will lose the cool if they play Mofo this tour. That and finishing with "Luminous Times" of course. Single spotlight on Clayton.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Mose Harper

Plenty of tickets for £105 available for Sunday night in Belfast on TM site now.

Only a couple of months or less til we get to see what set list they’ll deliver.

Let’s all pray POP features heavily, 3 songs a night at least. Sadly 1 would be a surprise. If they shake up the set list they might even sell some of those stupidly priced tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Only a couple of months or less til we get to see what set list they’ll deliver.

Let’s all pray POP features heavily, 3 songs a night at least. Sadly 1 would be a surprise. If they shake up the set list they might even sell some of those stupidly priced tickets!

yeah May 2nd in Tulsa Oklahoma kicks off the tour

hard to believe there touring again after only doing a bigish tour last year only ending in Oct 2017

HMTMKMKM another banger that needs an airing. Strings on the main stage, horns on the b-stage, band in the cage.

The version of "Kiss Me Killl Me" they did at the tail end of the 360 had me green with envy. Wouldve gone down a real treat in Croker.

Just do it with the POPmart visuals and the same funky version and I’d forgive all their sins.

Just do it with the POPmart visuals and the same funky version and I’d forgive all their sins.

Sure theyve a couple dozen tracks that would have fans open-mouthed and would be utterly incredible on that stage config.

Bono's lack of confidence in his vocals (particularly the falsetto) means we'll prolly never hear Lemon, Electrical Storm, So Cruel etc. Those 3 tracks have been played less than 20 times in total. Madness.

• Advertisement

BTW John, does anyone like the Hedges mixes of the Pop/Zoo stuff? The decision to have LMJ's vocals so prominent in the Numb mix (for example) is up there with the worst things ive ever heard. Absolute 'king bongwater.

Saw you make reference to the "original" versions in previous post and wanted to respond. Its stuff like this rework-project that makes me think the band sometimes lose the run of themselves and havent a clue what sounds "good".

Wooderson wrote: »
    BTW John, does anyone like the Hedges mixes of the Pop/Zoo stuff? The decision to have LMJ's vocals so prominent in the Numb mix (for example) is up there with the worst things ive ever heard. Absolute 'king bongwater.

Saw you make reference to the "original" versions in previous post and wanted to respond. Its stuff like this rework-project that makes me think the band sometimes lose the run of themselves and havent a clue what sounds "good".

Yup, I hate the reworked stuff. Bizarre that they felt the need to fvck with such great tracks.

They’re their own worst enemies.

The potential setlist they could throw together for this tour if they ignored pleasing new or casual fans is frightening.

Sadly we’ll probably get 1 or 2 die hard fan treats and the majority being “crowd pleasers”

Wooderson wrote: »
    HMTMKMKM another banger that needs an airing. Strings on the main stage, horns on the b-stage, band in the cage.

for my money that is one of there most underrated songs. Compiling an ultimate playlist of 20 or so U2 songs that would have to make it in there.

can you imagine them if they had of played that on the BBC Special there a while ago with a full Orchestra..... goosebump city!

Have the original Red Vinyl of that release at home also. All these releases I had which I thought would be worth millions in years to come :D

Yup, I hate the reworked stuff. Bizarre that they felt the need to fvck with such great tracks.

They’re their own worst enemies.

The potential setlist they could throw together for this tour if they ignored pleasing new or casual fans is frightening.

Sadly we’ll probably get 1 or 2 die hard fan treats and the majority being “crowd pleasers”

they did a few decent remixes. Real Thing remix was excellent.

Yup some remixes are cool, but reworked originals are not. Specifically the pop re workings for the best of 90-00. They were horrendous and blasphemous to the sacred originals :pac:

Yup some remixes are cool, but reworked originals are not. Specifically the pop re workings for the best of 90-00. They were horrendous and blasphemous to the sacred originals :pac:

last years reworked version of Red Hill Mining Town was awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

I thought the Mike Hedges remix of Gone was better than the album version but that Numb remix by him as well was terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Lights Of Home
    Best Thing About...
    Get Out Of Your Own Way
    American Soul
    Summer of Love
    Red Flag Day
    The Blackout
    Love Is Bigger Than....

Will all be played. It's fitting the hits and rarely played around those that's going to be the big thing.

Electric Co. Discotheque, Mofo, The Fly, Stay and California will do me.
    Genuinely cannot see a tour without Streets. The show builds to that crescendo. It's the ultimate peak

bclar12 wrote: »
    Lights Of Home
    Best Thing About...
    Get Out Of Your Own Way
    American Soul
    Summer of Love
    Red Flag Day
    The Blackout
    Love Is Bigger Than....

af9853e711654c613a774d1bfeeaa01b45549c37fa543fa36c3946481006b634.jpg

• Advertisement

af9853e711654c613a774d1bfeeaa01b45549c37fa543fa36c3946481006b634.jpg

WTF do you expect?
    A tour for a new album and play no songs from it?

I take it you don't like it?

Advertisement