Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

blinkwink wrote: »

Oh yes ,unreal song that especially the Temple Bar Mix .
    Put that and Ultraviolet back to back and I'd be a happy man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Oh yes ,unreal song that especially the Temple Bar Mix .
    Put that and Ultraviolet back to back and I'd be a happy man.

Absolutely.
    Absolutely loved the pumped up version they were playing in From The Sky Down.

The drums were brilliant...

My God, I love this band!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I've just read that Lights of Home is going on vinyl for Record Store Day from the 23rd of April.

large.jpg

http://www.u2.com/news/title/lights-of-home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Love that they've Beck on board!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

DYxHxmOX0AAb_Gg.jpg:large

I saw this on Twitter. Some interesting points here. Augmented reality?

• Advertisement

Haha wtf? We all getting headsets or glasses to wear?

Haha wtf? We all getting headsets or glasses to wear?

Wasn't the same thing said about Elton's upcoming goodbye shows?

You just know you'd end up with a wonky had/face set

I avoid 3d cinema showings like the plague. I hope to fvck it's not some sh!tty gimmick like that.

Snap, those films are desperate. The screen for i&e was extravagant, but there was also a minimalist vibe with the gig.

Going off that yoke I posted below, the gig may have to be viewed entirely from the correct angle with the right soft/hardware!

Yeah it seems like it will be some gimmick which will actually get people to use their phones MORE. Ugh. Download an app and watch the concert through your phone with some sh!tty extra effects. No thanks.

• Advertisement

Funny enough, I watched Nine Inch Nails "Beside You In Time" dvd the other night (U2's i&3 Tour heavily inspired/borrowed from this) and I found it funny how few phones were in the air. 2006. 1 flip-phone in particular tickled me. At Twickenham, I was near one of those dopes that records the entire gig to be shared at the U2 fansite.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

had a 3d tv for years and found it a waste of time unless your at the correct angle to the screen

isint this screen going to be a 4k one ???. Can we not just have a show where they come out and sing the songs with a standard background effect ??

Its really going to be intresting reading about the first show on this tour with all the speculation

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

To be fair to U2 they haven't ever got a gig set-up\design wrong all down through the years. They always seem to get it right and more so do some amazing things with their stage set up.

Don't think anything will ever top Zoo TV though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Think Zoo tv is remembered very fondly for being the first of it's kind. It raised the bar. But I think Popmart, and even the Elevation and Vertigo tours were at least as powerful.

Popmart was a step up from Zoo tv for me. Maybe this is clouded by the awful sound there was in the RDS back in '93, the show didn't quite live up the hype. Zoo tv indoors in 1992 would have been a sight. Imagine that in the Point.

Popmart was a step up from Zoo tv for me. Maybe this is clouded by the awful sound there was in the RDS back in '93, the show didn't quite live up the hype. Zoo tv indoors in 1992 would have been a sight. Imagine that in the Point.

Sacriledge !
    Zoo Tv was the best tour ,it was absolutely groundbreaking and set the benchmark for stadium rock .
    The wall of tv screens ,the B stage ,the trabants ,The Fly,Mr Mc Phisto ,the live satellite links,the band at their peak.
    I still get a chill watching some of the videos from that tour ,it was truly breathtaking.

The screen at Popmart had the same issues as the Joshua tree for me ,it was too big and and the band were dwarfed beneath it .

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

PTH2009 wrote: »
    had a 3d tv for years and found it a waste of time unless your at the correct angle to the screen

isint this screen going to be a 4k one ???. Can we not just have a show where they come out and sing the songs with a standard background effect ??

Its really going to be intresting reading about the first show on this tour with all the speculation

The beginning of the I&E show and the Joshua Tree tour last year was as minimal as could be. Especially The Joshua Tree, in huge sold out stadiums and to walk out and play with pretty much the same bare bones staging as the 1987 tour and have such an impact was mind blowing! What a tour! What a band!

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Teacher0101

I wasn't at it, but Zoo TV seems to me them at their peak. The intro alone, 'Zoo Station' blasting out. Epic.

BTW, when should we expect to get tickets in the post? I got ones for Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

This real?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Don't know if this is the right thread for this question but it concerns membership of U2.com.

Has anyone whose membership is due to expire in the coming weeks received any notification from them that their membership was due for renewal?

I have received an email at least once a week for about four weeks prior to my renewal date every year.....except this year so my membership lapsed a week ago. The good news is that I can renew for $50! Had I renewed before the expiration date it would have been $40.....I also lose my priority group status due to the lapse...so back I go to the rear of the queue.

Times must be hard in the U2 camp....ffs...sneaky and underhanded would be words I would use if I was cynical.

I got an e-mail on Monday telling me my subscription was due, so all fine for me. Just renewed there.

but1er wrote: »
    This real?

Not sure. I saw that on twitter earlier.

Whats the point of a hologram when the real Bono will be there?...

• Advertisement

This real?

Its real,I saw it on Ticketmaster Spain's website during the presales.

Not sure what the end product will actually be though.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭blinkwink

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

This real?

so in the 3arena us in Blocks E,D,C might not see this effect cause were pretty central ???

looks pretty cool tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Thoughts?

Love the groove tbh.

I'm still listening to the album, 4 months on. Normally it eases after a month with any album by anyone, but still digging it very much

I love American Soul! It’s not the most popular of the new songs, gets a bit of a rough time for “refujesus” :D

But I think it rocks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,814 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Thoughts?

CommonFlippantCoati-size_restricted.gif

Mortified for the lads.

bclar12 wrote: »
    Love the groove tbh.

I'm still listening to the album, 4 months on. Normally it eases after a month with any album by anyone, but still digging it very much

Same here, it flows so well and is just such an easy listen. I dont think there's one bad song on the album.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Yeah, loads of great melodies in the new album, I still listen to it all the time. I still think its their best since All You Cant Leave Behind.

Can't wait for the Dublin gig in November!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

If you haven't got any tickets for U2's new tour yet. Here is some nice info for you. I heard that RTÉ's The Late Late Show tonight is having a competition to give away a holiday, cash & tickets to one of U2's E&I shows in Las Vegas. It might your time to get them tonight when they're hot. Have a look at the competition which should come up after Tadhg Furlong's interview on the Grand Slam is over or have a look at this.

https://www.rte.ie/tv/competitions/2018/0302/944639-win-20-000-late-late-show/

• Advertisement

The Defiant Ones on Netflix features U2 and Bono quite a lot, especially episode 2.

It’s the story of Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine. Bloody brilliant stuff.

Advertisement