Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

Bit off topic here..

My vinyl subscription gift from U2.com was supposedly dispatched on March 12 via UPS mail..No sign yet.

I’m just wondering who delivers them.
    An Post? DHL? Is 3-4 weeks the norm for delivery?

Any answers appreciated!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Bit off topic here..

My vinyl subscription gift from U2.com was supposedly dispatched on March 12 via UPS mail..No sign yet.

Any answers appreciated!

Ordered something from the US recently. Said it could take between 14-22 working days to arrive by post.

Don't know if that's any use to you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

Bit off topic here..

Any answers appreciated!

Mine just arrived this morning! via An Post

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭dubal

Mine arrived last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

v10 wrote: »
    Mine just arrived this morning! via An Post

Enjoy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Teacher0101

Yeah I joined fan club and ordered a t shirt as well on Feb 2nd, no sign of vinyl or t shirt yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

Anyone drive to last 3 arena U2 or any gig - Using point car park. Trying to decide how to travel. Is it worth driving in November etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

ITgirl73 wrote: »
    Anyone drive to last 3 arena U2 or any gig - Using point car park. Trying to decide how to travel. Is it worth driving in November etc
    I drove to last one and parked at the 3. Got out quite guick. No complaints

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

There's another decent car park up the quays from the Point to that I've used - on the road towards Grafton St. Probably using it this Friday for Arcade Fire

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

I have used the point car park a good bit. It's very easy to get out of and get across the East Link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Yea I used it last time. Easy access in/out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Have 2 tickets available for Dublin gig - were reserved for another boardsie but this fell through.

Monday 05 November - €417.7 for the pair. (Cost Price)
    BLOCKP, Row: 38,

Email copy of tickets- I chose ticketfast option

PM me if interested. Will give this thread first refusal before going on Toutless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

That is an incredible cost price. It's been mentioned again and again, but I still can't get over the pricing of the seating. People who pay that sort of extortionate price should be ashamed!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭ORBY73

Bit off topic here..

Any answers appreciated!

Is this the 2017 OR 18 gift? iM STILL WAITING ON MINE BE DISPATCHED. ANY IDEA HOW LONG IT TAKES?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

ORBY73 wrote: »
    Is this the 2017 OR 18 gift? iM STILL WAITING ON MINE BE DISPATCHED. ANY IDEA HOW LONG IT TAKES?

It can take up to 8 weeks. As they are not 12 inch vinyl, An Post can put it through your door.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

People who pay that sort of extortionate price should be ashamed!

Don't start. People can pay what they want if they have it to pay.

Don't start. People can pay what they want if they have it to pay.

Don’t start. That hikes up prices for the rest of us sane people with actual budgets to adhere to.

to be fair if they were cheaper it would be almost impossible to get them as the market would be even bigger. its not ideal but what system would be

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Don’t start. That hikes up prices for the rest of us sane people with actual budgets to adhere to.

Then don't go. Nobody's forcing you. If I have money that I can afford to go that's my business. If I can't afford it, then it's also my business. You don't have to be there, it's not life and death if someone doesn't want to spend that much! Absolutely nothing to be ashamed of spending your earned money as you wish.

Look at the Rolling Stones. Loads of tickets left if people wanted to go because they were expensive to begin with, and there's barely any touting. If people want to spend their money, then that's there own business. Saying people should be ashamed is a hilarious statement to make.

• Advertisement

Then don't go. Nobody's forcing you. If I have money that I can afford to go that's my business. If I can't afford it, then it's also my business. You don't have to be there, it's not life and death if someone doesn't want to spend that much! Absolutely nothing to be ashamed of spending your earned money as you wish.

Look at the Rolling Stones. Loads of tickets left if people wanted to go because they were expensive to begin with, and there's barely any touting. If people want to spend their money, then that's there own business. Saying people should be ashamed is a hilarious statement to make.

€200+ on a standard ticket is shameful. If people continue to justify these ridiculous prices, and continue to pay them, prices will only keep going up. Good job!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

€200+ on a standard ticket is shameful. If people continue to justify these ridiculous prices, and continue to pay them, prices will only keep going up. Good job!

And the 200+ tickets are all upper tier !
    Hardly any of the lower tier went on sale ,they must be holding them back .

At least the 3arena gigs are indoors though ,it was almost 200 euro for the lower level seats in Croke Park last year,which is a pure con considering the distance from the stage and the terrible sound.

Pure con indeed but when people have more money than sense, as proven by this thread, it’s hard to slate the band or promoters.

Pure con indeed but when people have more money than sense, as proven by this thread, it’s hard to slate the band or promoters.
    How do I have more money than sense. I love U2 , always will. I don't go on many holidays or weekends away. I work hard for a moderate return ( self employed). Don't lecture me about money. its my money ill spend it how I like. If you don't want to spend your money on seeing U2 that's fine.

How do I have more money than sense. I love U2 , always will. I don't go on many holidays or weekends away. I work hard for a moderate return ( self employed). Don't lecture me about money. its my money ill spend it how I like. If you don't want to spend your money on seeing U2 that's fine.

You’re entitled to your opinion. I happen to think €200 for a face value seat is ludicrous. I think people who happily pay this and see no problem with bands charging this amount as a bit nuts.

Just opinions.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭kennyu272

You’re entitled to your opinion. I happen to think €200 for a face value seat is ludicrous. I think people who happily pay this and see no problem with bands charging this amount as a bit nuts.

Just opinions.

It’s not as if it’s €200 minimum to get inside the venue.I’ve being to around 40 U2 shows since 1987 and the most I ever paid for a face value ticket would have being around €120.The majority of times in recent tours would be €75 /€100.
    Yes the higher price catogaries are expensive,and if it falls in to your budget,fine.If not there’s always a cheaper alternative.

kennyu272 wrote: »
    It’s not as if it’s €200 minimum to get inside the venue.I’ve being to around 40 U2 shows since 1987 and the most I ever paid for a face value ticket would have being around €120.The majority of times in recent tours would be €75 /€100.
    Yes the higher price catogaries are expensive,and if it falls in to your budget,fine.If not there’s always a cheaper alternative.

Yes, I am aware of this. But compare seating prices to even the last tour. They are going up and up because people are happily paying these extortionate amounts. That then results in less choice for people like me who won’t pay over €100 out of principle.

I can’t believe so many of you are defending face value €200 tickets.

Yes, I am aware of this. But compare seating prices to even the last tour. They are going up and up because people are happily paying these extortionate amounts. That then results in less choice for people like me who won’t pay over €100 out of principle.

I can’t believe so many of you are defending face value €200 tickets.

I'm not necessarily defending the high ticket prices,i personally wouldnt pay 200 euro for any gig or any band for that matter.
    Did you get a ticket for this tour and what did you pay? If you don't mind me asking.

kennyu272 wrote: »
    I'm not necessarily defending the high ticket prices,i personally wouldnt pay 200 euro for any gig or any band for that matter.
    Did you get a ticket for this tour and what did you pay? If you don't mind me asking.

I did indeed, I paid whatever it was for standing face value, €90 I think.

That’s my point though, €200 is far too much for face value standard seats.

People defend it saying “it’s my money I can do what I want with it”.

To those same people I ask, where’s the line? If they were to charge €1,000 for the same seats, there’s plenty who could still afford it easily. Would you get my point then?

€200 is a disgraceful price. People paying it willingly and happily are the reason for the disgraceful price.

• Advertisement

I did indeed, I paid whatever it was for standing face value, €90 I think.

That’s my point though, €200 is far too much for face value standard seats.

People defend it saying “it’s my money I can do what I want with it”.

To those same people I ask, where’s the line? If they were to charge €1,000 for the same seats, there’s plenty who could still afford it easily. Would you get my point then?

€200 is a disgraceful price. People paying it willingly and happily are the reason for the disgraceful price.

Fair enough,glad your sorted and didn't have to pay 200 euro.

My only hope now is that the new tour's setlist gets a serious make over and a few of the oldies retire gracefully.There's plenty more gems crying out to take there place!

Advertisement