Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭carq

Tickets still available if anyone is interested.
    Especially you Johnpatrick - :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

SO... has anyone check out the "spoilers" of the rehearsals? Be careful on twitter, people spluttering out what songs are being rehearsed also

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

SO... has anyone check out the "spoilers" of the rehearsals? Be careful on twitter, people spluttering out what songs are being rehearsed also

I didn't think all this spoiler talk would kick off so early! Time for me to bug out of this thread! Thanks for the heads up. I'm not one who wants to know every song and detail before I go to a U2 show. It ruins it imo!

I didn't think all this spoiler talk would kick off so early! Time for me to bug out of this thread! Thanks for the heads up. I'm not one who wants to know every song and detail before I go to a U2 show. It ruins it imo!

Yup. I had a few unwanted reads when I woke up unfortunately, and was half asleep while reading them, so be wide everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

It's a u2 show, they are the greatest live band in the world with a mouth watering back catalog. Whatever they play will be brilliant!

Why can't people be content with that!?

Anyway, for now I will unfollow! Ho ho ho!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

I'd love if someone could post details (in spoiler tags obviously!)

Really hoping for some Achtung Baby, Zooropa and Pop tunes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Tbf, doesn't matter what they rehearse, it's not the setlist.

Band of their stature and with their catalogue rehearse up songs that sometimes never get played.
    And also, as is usually the case with U2, there is a section that gets rotated

UsedToWait wrote: »
    I'd love if someone could post details (in spoiler tags obviously!)

Really hoping for some Achtung Baby, Zooropa and Pop tunes!

4 from Achtung Baby...

One played a lot, one not as much, one not very often, the other, well.....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

I'd like to see One, Vertigo and Beautiful Day get a spell on the subs bench now. Give Mofo, Numb and Gone powerful updates for the 2010s. They could complement the new album I think.

I'd like to see One, Vertigo and Beautiful Day get a spell on the subs bench now. Give Mofo, Numb and Gone powerful updates for the 2010s. They could complement the new album I think.

Numb??

Christ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

bclar12 wrote: »
    Numb??

Christ....

Maybe it has unlocked potential. I think it was murdered on Zooropa, but if Bono and Edge worked through the vocals they might find a style between them that works.

Maybe it has unlocked potential. I think it was murdered on Zooropa, but if Bono and Edge worked through the vocals they might find a style between them that works.

It's a **** song

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Everlong1

For anyone who might be intererested in meeting other U2 fans....

https://www.meetup.com/U2-fans-Ireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

98 FM now playing Staring at the Sun.

I think that someone is trying to tell us something

don't try to hard to think.... don't think at all

Seve OB wrote: »
    98 FM now playing Staring at the Sun.

I think that someone is trying to tell us something

don't try to hard to think.... don't think at all

Given the Good Friday anniversary and all..

Will we ever live in peace?
    Cos those that can't do
    Often have to..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

*That* tune that they’re now -clearly- going to play is a mouthwatering prospect.

Wooderson wrote: »
    *That* tune that they’re now -clearly- going to play is a mouthwatering prospect.

I had to go check the fan sites..
    @#£;% played at least 6 times.

Others rehearsed include

@#£;%

!!!!

Need to look into another show as well as Belfast and Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

It would be if Bono was 20 years younger .
    Not a hope that he will be able to sing it properly ,much like Red Hill Mining Town last year .

Great song though ,I'd gladly just listen to the complete Actung Baby played twice at one concert .:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

It would be if Bono was 20 years younger .
    Not a hope that he will be able to sing it properly ,much like Red Hill Mining Town last year .

Great song though ,I'd gladly just listen to the complete Actung Baby played twice at one concert .:)

I wouldn’t care if they just played an instrumental of “that” song :pac:

Even Bono speaking his lines would be amazing. 3 weeks til we know if they’re bluffing.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Given the Good Friday anniversary and all..

Will we ever live in peace?
    Cos those that can't do
    Often have to..

Did u2 play a show in Belfast the night of the GFA signing or shorty after ???

Surprised they never made a doc about bono bringing the 2 guys on stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Did u2 play a show in Belfast the night of the GFA signing or shorty after ???

Surprised they never made a doc about bono bringing the 2 guys on stage

I think they played an acoustic set with Ash. I've a bootleg of a CD I bought years ago with them all playing One,almost certain that was around the time of the GFA

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

what is that song?

Seve OB wrote: »
    what is that song?
    Don't believe what you hear,
    Don't believe what you see...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I think they played an acoustic set with Ash. I've a bootleg of a CD I bought years ago with them all playing One,almost certain that was around the time of the GFA

Few vids on YouTube

Poor Ash really fell into obscurity a few years after that and are nowhere as big as they once were

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Few vids on YouTube

Poor Ash really fell into obscurity a few years after that and are nowhere as big as they once were

It's a shame. They played in Dolans around a year ago and they were brilliant- some catalogue now. It's like they disappeared after Oxegen 2004

With the right visuals/sound design, *that* tune could be a tour highlight in the vein of Exit last year.

Proper moment from the Edge from start to (particularly) finish. You'd wager LMJ would relish chance to play it also. Pressure on Bono but no where near the vocal challenge that Red Hill posed last time round, a challenge he sadly ducked out of.

How would it be received if they binned all JT songs for the upcoming jaunt? Theyre well within their rights to. Would make for the freshest tour since Zoo.

How would it be received if they binned all JT songs for the upcoming jaunt? Theyre well within their rights to. Would make for the freshest tour since Zoo.

They're not going to bin Streets.
    Too many songs work as a "flow" into it. It's the peak of their live shows.
    However, I wouldn't be surprised to see WOWY

Also, as a side note, Bono is well able to sing THAT song.
    If I can sing it, Bono can and anyone who has heard me sing, will know what I mean :D:(

bclar12 wrote: »
    They're not going to bin Streets.
    Too many songs work as a "flow" into it. It's the peak of their live shows.
    However, I wouldn't be surprised to see WOWY

Also, as a side note, Bono is well able to sing THAT song.
    If I can sing it, Bono can and anyone who has heard me sing, will know what I mean :D:(

I know - someone upthread suggested he might struggle with it. The chorus of Red Hill is right at the top of Bono's range. **That** song is well within reach for him even now.

• Advertisement

I know - someone upthread suggested he might struggle with it. The chorus of Red Hill is right at the top of Bono's range. **That** song is well within reach for him even now.

He didn't even struggle that much with Red Hill. The notes were hit, was just the "power" wasn't as strong as it was in 1987, which is only natural

Advertisement