Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

bclar12 wrote: »
    He didn't even struggle that much with Red Hill. The notes were hit, was just the "power" wasn't as strong as it was in 1987, which is only natural

They completely changed the key mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Wooderson wrote: »
    They completely changed the key mate.

Did they?
    Can't remember or be arsed to go back and check :D Don't like the song

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Really hope Exit becomes a regular instead of one of the old war horses. It was definitely the highlight of the cash in tour.

Not much of a spoiler but, Vertigo and COBL were rehearsed :D
    As was
    Ceaderwood Road
    funnily enough

• Registered Users Posts: 12,813 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Not much of a spoiler but, Vertigo and COBL were rehearsed :D
    As was
    Ceaderwood
    Road
    funnily enough

Thats the worst spoiler tagged post I've ever seen.

I hear they may do a few songs off [/SPOILER] POP [/SPOILER]

• Advertisement

Ugh I really hope cedarwood road doesn’t stay. such a meh song.

It seems the only way we’ll get rid of COBL is with a sniper. No idea how that is now one of their set list staples. I get vertigo cos it was a huge hit and gets the crowd moving. Same with elevation and BD. Was COBL even a hit? Let it die lads, please!

Saw on twitter that they defo are not dropping Where The Streets Have No [/SPOILER]

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I wonder what the first song will be ,I have a bad feeling they will go with that rubbish American Soul .
    Its either that or You're the Best Thing About Me I'd say.

The Nal wrote: »
    Thats the worst spoiler tagged post I've ever seen.

I hear they may do a few songs off [/SPOILER] POP [/SPOILER]

Mod edit

If you've nothing useful to say, keep it to yourself. Others are enjoying the conversation, dealt with it.

And

No more responses like the one I've edited

thanks all,

Lg

Some of the US gigs are really struggling to sell.

LA has these prices for example,its a new form of dynamic pricing called Alternating pricing !

Section 209 row 9 $176.00
    Section 209 row 10 $330.00
    Section 209 row 11 $111.00
    Section 209 row 18 $81.00
    Section 209 row 23 $176.00
    Section 209 row 24 $111.00

• Advertisement

I wonder what the first song will be ,I have a bad feeling they will go with that rubbish American Soul .

I can imagine Lights of Home working well. Biased as I think its one of the only true standouts on the newie. Love the piano in there.

Ugh I really hope cedarwood road doesn’t stay. such a meh song.

It seems the only way we’ll get rid of COBL is with a sniper. No idea how that is now one of their set list staples. I get vertigo cos it was a huge hit and gets the crowd moving. Same with elevation and BD. Was COBL even a hit? Let it die lads, please!

Agree with you 100% on Blinding Lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Wooderson wrote: »
    I can imagine Lights of Home working well. Biased as I think its one of the only true standouts on the newie. Love the piano in there.

Have to disagree with you there..
    Verse and chorus are great, but that 'free yourself..' bit really grates on me.

It feels like something that was added as an afterthought - likely by a producer 'ok - now we need a big key change bit here' type of thing..

It's not going to be a popular opinion, but I'm struggling to love the record.
    The Edge is conspicuous by his absence, and lyrically, I feel it's poor.

I absolutely love U2, and can't wait for the concerts.
    I'm sure the new songs they end up doing will be better than on record, much like they were with the last album, but overall I think this record was released before it was finished...

UsedToWait wrote: »

It feels like something that was added as an afterthought - likely by a producer 'ok - now we need a big key change bit here' type of thing..

The main riff seems very similar to this song by Haim

Every artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief

The main riff seems very similar to this song by Haim

Every artist is a cannibal, every poet is a thief

Ummm that’s cos it is that song :pac:

Haim are listed as song writers for that track and also sing backing vocals on it.

I'm sure the new songs they end up doing will be better than on record, much like they were with the last album, but overall I think this record was released before it was finished...

All fair points - I agree with you on the coda to Lights of Home. Also with you on the album. Despite tonnes of people on this thread with opinions I respect hugely disagreeing with me, I've yet to click with it. I was cold on the previous one to a certain extent until the tour however, now Im sat here wishing that the last 3 tracks were played every night on i+E.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

IMO, logic dictates it is very likely to be Love is All We Have Left

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Seve OB wrote: »
    IMO, logic dictates it is very likely to be Love is All We Have Left

I agree, and hope this to be the case. Gorgeous song.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Everlong1

I've been a hardcore fan since BOY and agree 100% - I was severely disappointed with SOE when I heard it first and still have to force myself to put it on. Why a band of their stature are so desperate to try and appeal to kids one third of their age who are all buying mediocre "urban" and pop rubbish is beyond me.

Everlong1 wrote: »
    Why a band of their stature are so desperate to try and appeal to kids one third of their age who are all buying mediocre "urban" and pop rubbish is beyond me.

EachFoolishFlyingfox-max-1mb.gif

• Advertisement

It would be kinda filthy if they finally played some gems that have never made it to the live show simply to try and sell those unwanted overpriced seats.

I've been a hardcore fan since BOY and agree 100% - I was severely disappointed with SOE when I heard it first and still have to force myself to put it on. Why a band of their stature are so desperate to try and appeal to kids one third of their age who are all buying mediocre "urban" and pop rubbish is beyond me.

Meh, wouldn't think about it too much.

I know lots of people who can't stand anything past War.
    I know loads of people who say U2 died after The JT
    I know loads who absolutely hate Achtung Baby.

People have different needs and tastes. I'm still listening to the album and SOI

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭miocicmma

Hey everyone. For future reference, when buying tickets from ticket master, What is the best thing to do?

When you are "waiting in the queue" is it best to let the search continue or should you be going back and starting the search again inf nothing is happening. or do you lose your place?

People have different needs and tastes. I'm still listening to the album and SOI

You're right, and of course there are flashes of greatness on each of their records, and different people will have a favourite 'era' of the band.

Clearly though, the ones who say their absolute zenith was anything other than Achtung Baby / Zooropa / (Passengers!) / Pop are mistaken ;)

You're right, and of course there are flashes of greatness on each of their records, and different people will have a favourite 'era' of the band.

Clearly though, the ones who say their absolute zenith was anything other than Achtung Baby / Zooropa / (Passengers!) / Pop are mistaken ;)

Agree. Nowt wrong with any of their albums really imo

I’ve tickets to huge shows all year and the ones that have the imagination going overtime are the Nov dates for these lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Everlong1

All true, and I really liked SOI and am also looking forward to the gigs. It just seems to me that so much of SOE is blatantly calculated and aimed at the pop tweenies - as if they all sat down in a committee to discuss "how do we get the kids listening to us again?" I suppose it goes against my naive belief that they might still be making music for themselves and be prepared to take risks as opposed to going for the cash cow option.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

It just seems to me that so much of SOE is blatantly calculated and aimed at the pop tweenies - as if they all sat down in a committee to discuss "how do we get the kids listening to us again?" I suppose it goes against my naive belief that they might still be making music for themselves and be prepared to take risks as opposed to going for the cash cow option.

I suppose it could be said that they are constantly evolving their music and sound and appearance as they have continued to do with every album since Boy.

Interested to heat what the remaster of Pop is like.

• Advertisement

Seve OB wrote: »
    I suppose it could be said that they are constantly evolving their music and sound and appearance as they have continued to do with every album since Boy.

^This.

.. and that makes them, to my mind, the only band who can remotely compare with the Beatles in terms of their evolution and the quality of their career output.

Advertisement