Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Teacher0101

k, you don't have to be a prick to the guy like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Wooderson wrote: »
    Playing Raised by Wolves with the carbomb effect. Try to keep up.

You never said that. Try to explain yourself properly in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Playing Raised by Wolves with the carbomb effect. Try to keep up.

Your post gave absolutely no indication of that, so cop on.

Funny, I actually made an e&i playlist a few months ago, and the first 2 tracks were the ones seen in the 1 & 2 slot on that rehearsal list. I think they'd make for a great opening combo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Nothing like tetchy irritable U2 fans on boards, wha?

Switch to decaf lads FFS, if i've not been clear then ask for more info rather than piling on with the "cop on" "don't be a prick" "try explaining yourself properly" snide comments.

I expressed a perfectly reasonable opinion and got piled on. Nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

If they perform Raised By Wolves with the carbomb again it will appear samey and repetitive. It will strike me as lazy. I hope they don't do that. Leave it on the last tour where it was such a success.

• Advertisement

Nothing like tetchy irritable U2 fans on boards, wha?

Switch to decaf lads FFS, if i've not been clear then ask for more info rather than piling on with the "cop on" "don't be a prick" "try explaining yourself properly" snide comments.

I expressed a perfectly reasonable opinion and got piled on. Nonsense.

Shut up.

The previous post before yours stated he would like the song to return. You said it was them running out of ideas.

In other words, you didn't explain yourself properly and left a snide, sarky remark yourself. You then responded to me with a sarky, patronising post and only then were you told to cop on and were labelled a prick

You know you didn't explain yourself properly, tried to be the big fella, got hopped on and are now playing the hypocritical victim.

Well done.

If they perform Raised By Wolves with the carbomb again it will appear samey and repetitive. It will strike me as lazy. I hope they don't do that. Leave it on the last tour where it was such a success.

See, if you had wrote that originally, I wouldn't have called you out on anything as it was perfectly explained, which means no one would have called you a prick for being a prick

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

bclar12 wrote: »
    Try to explain yourself properly in future.
    Shut up.
    which means no one would have called you a prick for being a prick

Lose the attitude.
    You don't have to reply to every comment.
    Please don't respond to this. Take if for the friendly warning that it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I’d love if it came back with the car bomb maybe with a twist! Brilliant song.

I’d love if it came back with the car bomb maybe with a twist! Brilliant song.

Ditto. Seeing it live transformed it for me. I'm also grateful in that I didn't know that much about the Dublin and Monaghan bombings prior to SoI. I do now.

• Advertisement

Ditto. Seeing it live transformed it for me. I'm also grateful in that I didn't know that much about the Dublin and Monaghan bombings prior to SoI. I do now.

It really hit home personally to me as my mam and dad lived in Dublin then, and she heard the exact same report on the radio about the bomb, which was on the same road he often took home from work, so she was worried sick until he finally arrived home as of course no mobiles back then.

Also they met in "The Crystal Ballroom" :D So SOI means a lot to me!

But even still I think I'd love Raised By Wolves, love this vid they had made for it too

Check your emails lads. They augmented reality thing has been released as an app. Basically you point the app at the screen and things happen on your phone. You can get a taste of it by pointing it at the SoE album cover.

So for anyone who hates phones being stuck up at gigs, everyone has now been encouraged to do so!

Check your emails lads. They augmented reality thing has been released as an app. Basically you point the app at the screen and things happen on your phone. You can get a taste of it by pointing it at the SoE album cover.

So for anyone who hates phones being stuck up at gigs, everyone has now been encouraged to do so!

Just for the start of the show, not all of it. Thankfully ha

Just done it there. Can get a taster from pointing it at the album cover. Kinda cool

Just for the start of the show, not all of it. Thankfully ha

Just done it there. Can get a taster from pointing it at the album cover. Kinda cool

Aah. I missed that bit. One could almost assume the opening track has been confirmed by this. Possibly playback?

To be fair, it looks very cool. Reminds me of those Jonny Quest cartoons with the 3 dimensional bits!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

doesnt work by pointing it at album cover on my computer :(
    will have to wait till i get home... probably tomorow night :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

Seve OB wrote: »
    doesnt work by pointing it at album cover on my computer :(
    will have to wait till i get home... probably tomorow night :(

Doesn't seem to work with the vinyl either, must be just the CD !

v10 wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to work with the vinyl either, must be just the CD !

No it worked on the vinyl, and PC for me to be honest... May be the phone?

I can imagine the new disclaimer :

* You need the latest version of ios/android to attend this concert

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

No it worked on the vinyl, and PC for me to be honest... May be the phone?

I can imagine the new disclaimer :

* You need the latest version of ios/android to attend this concert

Lol

Personally won’t even bother downloading the app! Such a silly gimmick.

Personally won’t even bother downloading the app! Such a silly gimmick.

It is kinda cool though when pointing it at the album cover.

What about the poor ****ers who are sitting behind the screen or who can't see it? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Anyone know where I can find an e-mail address to contact Live Nation about my subscribers list from last year? I had a look on the website but there’s no sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

Redo91 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can find an e-mail address to contact Live Nation about my subscribers list from last year? I had a look on the website but there’s no sign.

try this .. orderhelp@livenationmerchandise.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

v10 wrote: »

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Maybe pointing at the screen before the show is all a master plan to make ur phone battery run so low you can't record any gig ??

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

That would be a genius move!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Worked on the PC cover for me

Kind of wtf is the point, it only lasts about a min and is just an electronic image of Bono singing

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Worked on the PC cover for me

Kind of wtf is the point, it only lasts about a min and is just an electronic image of Bono singing

None really, but they probably got big bucks from some Silicon Valley crowd to test out this new app/tech.

Zero interest. It just means more phones in the air for the first song. Hopefully it's faulty and causes all the phones to break :pac:

The video for Love Is Bigger is desperate altogether anyway.

https://youtu.be/Ki5keBCz8DQ

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

The video for Love Is Bigger is desperate altogether anyway.

https://youtu.be/Ki5keBCz8DQ

Absolute tripe , I nearly spat up my cereal watching it ,I turned it off after 2 minutes.
    I can't believe that this is the official video ,its like something a junior cert student would make .

The boys are trying way to hard to be relevant and every video for this album has been terrible .

Bono will probably invite half this bunch up on stage in Dublin to do some twerking with Panti Bliss .:mad:
    Bring a box of eggs with ye lads .

• Advertisement

Meh, doesn't bother me.

I love the song and it takes on other meanings for me. Videos don't sway me either way or at least I try not to let them.

The video for One has them all in drag and it's about a son, who is gay, trying to reconcile with his father who is homophobic. Didn't stop the song taking on other meanings though

It did make me want to walk from Dalkey to Killiney hill again though

One thing I will say is though, anyone saying they're done with the band over this video (and there have been a few online) needs a long hard look at themselves

Advertisement