Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Absolute tripe , I nearly spat up my cereal watching it ,I turned it off after 2 minutes.
    I can't believe that this is the official video ,its like something a junior cert student would make .

The boys are trying way to hard to be relevant and every video for this album has been terrible .

Bono will probably invite half this bunch up on stage in Dublin to do some twerking with Panti Bliss .:mad:
    Bring a box of eggs with ye lads .

I didn't pay my money to see that **** and hoping the song doesn't make the setlist

Fair play to the guys in the video, obv very nice for them and there families but leave it at that. No point in them been paraded around in front of 13000 people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I didn't pay my money to see that **** and hoping the song doesn't make the setlist

Fair play to the guys in the video, obv very nice for them and there families but leave it at that. No point in them been paraded around in front of 13000 people.

And when has this been confirmed that they will be on the stage during the song?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Jaysus lads who peed in yer tae :pac:

It’s a nice little vid, and you can’t forget where U2 have come from, the whole lypton village scene.

Wouldn’t be my fav song but I love from the killiney bay bit onwards.

music videos are nigh on pointless these days, no harm giving a minority the chance to take part.

But yeah, please no idiots on stage or panti :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Beck's remix from the Lights of Home vinyl is also up on Youtube. You can also stream or download the track here >> https://u2.lnk.to/BeckRemixID

I watched Love Is Bigger Than Anything In It's Way there on Youtube as well. I thought it was grand. I don't see a problem with seeing the LGBTQ community get represented in the video. The guy who filmed the video David Musheagin is the official photographer for The Red Hot Chilli Peppers. It didn't seem like an amateur production from a junior cert student from secondary school to me. It could have given vibes of doing it but it didn't matter to me in any way. It was a good video none the less. There is also some out take clips with the young people talking about their own experiences in the video from Vogue Magazine which is really nice.

To be fair; I don't know why people are still saying they're against gay people even though we had passed the marriage equality referendum about 3 years ago. There is still a cohort of people out there who are just plain ignorant & want to remain miserable for the rest of their lives because they simply don't want see themselves embracing to a changing society. I can't imagine what will happen next if either your son or daughter becomes LGBTQ one day. Oh yeah poor you being the mother or father getting to deal in this situation. Get over yourselves will ya ffs.

I'll miss them when it ends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Bono will probably invite half this bunch up on stage in Dublin to do some twerking with Panti Bliss .:mad:

The video has done its job if it casts a light on people like you for the rest of us. Shameful post.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Wooderson wrote: »
    The video has done its job if it casts a light on people like you for the rest of us. Shameful post.

I'll overlook your snide comment as it seems you have a history of lashing out at people on here .

I don't like the video for its overly sexual content ,people twerking ,making sexual gestures .
    It would be the same if it were straight people ,it's a rubbish video of random people dancing for arguably the best song on the album.

I don't see the comparison to One ,Bono wasnt twerking in that or french kissing the camera and that video told a story .
    To echo your own words the video
    Smacks of them running out of ideas to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Are people just not allowed think it's a crap video? As lovely as the message is (and it is to be fair) I think it's just crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

The boys are trying way to hard to be relevant and every video for this album has been terrible .

We are obviously not going to bring eggs in to throw at anyone. But at the same time this sort of rings true because it is almost the sort of thing Bono would try with his social justice warrior hat on.

But then the wider audience means the commercially minded team behind the stage show would bring some common sense to bear, knowing the show needs broad appeal. There are loads of people at U2 gigs for the music, who roll their eyes when Bono goes off on one.

The video doesn't bother the vast majority of people, but the Irish weather is a bit grim throughout.

We are obviously not going to bring eggs in to throw at anyone. But at the same time this sort of rings true because it is almost the sort of thing Bono would try with his social justice warrior hat on.

But then the wider audience means the commercially minded team behind the stage show would bring some common sense to bear, knowing the show needs broad appeal. There are loads of people at U2 gigs for the music, who roll their eyes when Bono goes off on one.

Things could get very messy if the superfans and queue ringleaders get word of Bono wanting to bring other people up on stage .:pac:

It seems the line for the opening night in Tulsa started on the 27th ,5 days before the gig !

https://twitter.com/ga_brad/status/989881732370284544?s=20

• Advertisement

The whole show will prob be up on YouTube by thursday afternoon next

Can't wait to see the setlist but Dublin is still 6 months away

Spoiler from the rehearsal today
    “Love is All We Have Left”
    “The Blackout”
    “Lights of Home”
    “Beautiful Day”
    “All Because of You”
    “I Will Follow”
    “The Ocean” / “Iris”
    “Cedarwood Road”
    “Song for Someone”
    “Sunday Bloody Sunday”
    “Raised by Wolves”
    “Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses”
    “Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me”
    “Elevation”
    “Vertigo”
    “Desire”
    “You’re The Best Thing About Me”
    “Staring at the Sun”
    “Pride (In the Name of Love)”
    “Get Out of Your Own Way”
    “American Soul”
    “City of Blinding Lights”
    “One”
    “Love is Bigger Than Anything in its Way”
    “13 (There is a Light)”

The lack of
    Streets and WOWY
    is a very ballsy move
    Disappointed that
    Acrobat
    seems to have disappeared

bclar12 wrote: »
    Spoiler from the rehearsal today
    “Love is All We Have Left”
    “The Blackout”
    “Lights of Home”
    “Beautiful Day”
    “All Because of You”
    “I Will Follow”
    “The Ocean” / “Iris”
    “Cedarwood Road”
    “Song for Someone”
    “Sunday Bloody Sunday”
    “Raised by Wolves”
    “Who’s Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses”
    “Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me”
    “Elevation”
    “Vertigo”
    “Desire”
    “You’re The Best Thing About Me”
    “Staring at the Sun”
    “Pride (In the Name of Love)”
    “Get Out of Your Own Way”
    “American Soul”
    “City of Blinding Lights”
    “One”
    “Love is Bigger Than Anything in its Way”
    “13 (There is a Light)”

The lack of
    Streets and WOWY
    is a very ballsy move
    Disappointed that
    Acrobat
    seems to have disappeared

That is a very weak setlist with almost
    half of the songs off the last two albums .
    Casual fans will not be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

That is a very weak setlist with almost
    half of the songs off the last two albums .
    Casual fans will not be happy.

I'm absolutely delighted with what was posted above. I'm a huge fan of the two albums. Looks like a very interesting concept for this show. Absolutely can't wait.

Casual fans that have spent a fortune will be livid mind

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Teacher0101

Yeah, but why would they rehearse Joshua Tree songs after having done a long tour doing them?

They will mix sets up as usual. 'Acrobat' will be in there, 'Streets' is definitely going to be at a U2 show. And I'd be pretty sure 'With or without' as well.
    I want to see either 'Exit' or 'Bullet' though. And some stuff from 'Zooropa' would be nice rather than 'Elevation' and 'Vertigo'.

Nice piece w/ Willie W in Rolling Stone. Interesting to have it confirmed that 4 tunes from i+E along with the "
    carbomb
    " piece I was concerned about is returning 1:1 from last tour. This tour is "75%" new.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Would like to see more from pop and zooropa,maybe even satalite of love making an appearance but with such a large back catalogue they can't please everyone sadly

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

They have loads they could resurrect without doing a Lou Reed cover at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

They have loads they could resurrect without doing a Lou Reed cover at this stage.

I know they do, I would just love to hear it live as I was too young to go see them on the zoo TV tour.

• Advertisement

Wooderson wrote: »
    Nice piece w/ Willie W in Rolling Stone. Interesting to have it confirmed that 4 tunes from i+E along with the "
    carbomb
    " piece I was concerned about is returning 1:1 from last tour. This tour is "75%" new.

If it fits with the theme of the gig, I've no issues with it.

It's like UTEOTW leading into NYD for 3 and a half tours in a row. It worked

Acrobat
    Wild Horses
    All Because Of You
    Raised By Wolves

Worked on extensively today

Also, before
    Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me,
    we're apparently going to have the return, in some form or fashion, of
    Mr. MacPhisto

bclar12 wrote: »
    Acrobat
    Wild Horses
    All Because Of You
    Raised By Wolves

Worked on extensively today

Also, before
    Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me,
    we're apparently going to have the return, in some form or fashion, of
    Mr. MacPhisto

A welcome return!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Hopefully he has some light hearted fun with Trump, lord knows there's tonnes of easy material self written :pac:

Delighted
    HMTMKMKM
    might be getting more airings.

Hopefully he has some light hearted fun with Trump, lord knows there's tonnes of easy material self written :pac:

Delighted
    HMTMKMKM
    might be getting more airings.

They rehearsed it as a Live band but, yesterday they used it like they used The Fly during the "intermission" part of the Innocence Tour

Guess we'll know after the first night....Then again, the Innocence show changed quite a bit by the time it got here

By the sounds of it those going looking to hear the hits are going to be disappointed

Last year's Croke Park show had it all and o was pretty happy with It

Going in Nov to enjoy the spectacle and hoping u2 then take a rest for a few years cause tickets cost a lot of €€€

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Teacher0101

well I'd rather they keep touring while they can. They ain't getting any younger and they still put on a great show.

well I'd rather they keep touring while they can. They ain't getting any younger and they still put on a great show.

This.

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    By the sounds of it those going looking to hear the hits are going to be disappointed

Last year's Croke Park show had it all and o was pretty happy with It

Going in Nov to enjoy the spectacle and hoping u2 then take a rest for a few years cause tickets cost a lot of €€€

Yip,I wouldn't fancy paying 375 dollars to listen to the rumoured setlists.

Tickets that were initially 375 dollars for the second LA gig are not available for 46 dollars on Ticketmaster in the US.
    Delighted to see the tickets not moving ,the initial prices were scandalous.

Advertisement