Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭EverythingGood

Bono probably wrote that himself I'd say.

Barry Egan is brutal, sycophantic and what a name dropper.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Barry Egan is brutal, sycophantic and what a name dropper.

Did he miss the last tour completely?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Pretty happy with the setlsit but it will be odd going and not hearing WOWU or Streets but only last year we got the whole JT album

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Sorry to be one of those people but will it be safe to assume there'll be no Joshua Tree stuff for the whole tour or is it possible they'll mix it up a small bit? I never made their last tour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

wylo wrote: »
    Sorry to be one of those people but will it be safe to assume there'll be no Joshua Tree stuff for the whole tour or is it possible they'll mix it up a small bit? I never made their last tour.

Probably not

But, never say never.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

COBL is like bloody genital warts on their setlists :D

Shocked streets got axed.

Nice POP hasn’t been completely forgotten!

I’m at peace with vertigo, elevation and BD always being there. They do always get a huge reaction. COBL will always puzzle me.

It’s very much the ‘15 tour 2.0. Not a great setlist IMO but plenty to enjoy!

I’m at peace with vertigo, elevation and BD always being there. They do always get a huge reaction. COBL will always puzzle me.

I dig the two remixes getting an outing.

Something I've learned from reading various band forums over the years...

Hardcore fans, myself included, will never be satisfied.

I've heard my fave song played live (Electric Co) but, I'm pissed off I don't get it every night I go. Yet, doesn't bother me during the gig

It is going to be weird hearing a gig without Streets....Although, it wasn't the crowd bouncer at 90% of the gigs I've been at sadly. Except last year. Loved that. Great version. Flyover and that song made it my number 1 gig memory

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

bclar12 wrote: »
    Hardcore fans, myself included, will never be satisfied.

I've heard my fave song played live (Electric Co) but, I'm pissed off I don't get it every night I go. Yet, doesn't bother me during the gig

Lol
    thats how I feel about 40.

I'll never forget my first concert in the RDS when the band left the stage and the whole crowd got going with "How looooooong, to sing this song....." goosebumps.

just doesn't happen anymore, used to be a staple encore, final tune, and IMO should be... every show... no exceptions :) failure to do so by the band and crowd is punishable by death.

nowdays, most of the crowd don't even know whats going on if a few people sing 40 and they just give weird looks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

They ended some of the 2005 and 2015 concerts in Dublin with "40'.

• Advertisement

Seve OB wrote: »
    Lol

I'll never forget my first concert in the RDS when the band left the stage and the whole crowd got going with "How looooooong, to sing this song....." goosebumps.

just doesn't happen anymore, used to be a staple encore, final tune, and IMO should be... every show... no exceptions :) failure to do so by the band and crowd is punishable by death.

nowdays, most of the crowd don't even know whats going on if a few people sing 40 and they just give weird looks!

Happened in The Point back in 2015.
    Ended with 40 and the crowd still chanting afterwards
    Loved it.

Reminded me of Stay in Croke Park in 2009. Bono tried to talk after it but, the entire crowd kept singing, "Oh Oh Ohhhhh Oh Oh Oh"

That was amazing. As is Stay. Up there with one of the best they've ever written

They ended some of the 2005 and 2015 concerts in Dublin with "40'.

1/2 the Belfast / Dublin shows finished with "40" in 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭flasher0030

Seve OB wrote: »
    Lol

The 1993 gigs? I was at one of those. Amazing. I wasn't that massively into U2. But God, I'll never forget that gig. What a conclusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭tritriagain

surprised its the little things wasnt in set list

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Bono talking through his arse again
    Bono says U2's current tour is like '"method'' acting in a Marvel movie and says the band's large-scale tours are "a bit mad".

The group kicked-off their eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE world tour in the US state of Oklahoma on Wednesday night, with the band playing some songs live for the very first time.

The frontman describes having to ''method act'' each song as if he were starring in one of the franchise's superhero films, and admitted the show is like a ''big technical monster''.

Speaking to The Irish Sun newspaper, he said: ''It's sort of like doing a big Marvel movie, except you're taking this to a different city every few days so it's a bit mad -- and worse than that, for me, it's like a Marvel film where you've got to method act, so that's not right.

''Something like that you have to get right inside the songs in order to sing them."

Song For Someone was dropped for New Year’s Day on night too. Hopefully SFS will get the chop.

Raised by wolves and Wild Horses were also dropped though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Song For Someone was dropped for New Year’s Day on night too. Hopefully SFS will get the chop.

Raised by wolves and Wild Horses were also dropped though!

Show was delayed by 35 minutes, so hopefully they were dropped because of the curfew

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Teacher0101

Yeah, I know they've just finished JT tour but it's like an interview I remember with McCartney. The gist of it was, 'yeah I'm tired playing 'Hey Jude' and a few Beatles numbers, but I know what these mean to people who might only see me perform it once, I can play them and mix in my new stuff'.

U2 have just released a good album with about 6 good to very good tracks. If you ask people to pay (in Europe) €80-€350, you can expect some questions if you start having 'American soul' and 'Cederwood Road' as the highlight of your set when you have a golden back catalogue.

Not playing 'Streets', 'Bad', 'Exit' (highlight of the last tour) - the set just really lacks something.

Spitting water at the Edge again with the screen, is just the same crap as the last indoor tour. It could be mixed up a little to be fair. 'Acrobat' needs a lot of work, and whoever did the background for it needs a bit of help. F*** what the band want, it's a gig that you are charging a lot of money to. If you want to play just the new album, advertise as such and play smaller venues. At the price they charge, I'm sorry, but there is an obligation on them to put out a good set list. A lot of people might only get to see them once and not playing 'Streets' is a bit ridiculous.

It's not like they've been making this cutting edge music since 2000 that needs to be heard all through the setlist.

I know it's early days in the tour, and it's a long time til they get to Europe so hopefully there might be some movement in the setlist.

Hope Wolves isn't dropped.

That is a killer live song.

In fact, I think it's a top song all round

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Playing Song for Someone and 13 in the same set does appear lazy.

Agree, the setlist needs work.

• Advertisement

Playing Song for Someone and 13 in the same set does appear lazy.

Agree, the setlist needs work.

Steady on dude. You’ll get pelters!

/joke

Wooderson wrote: »
    Steady on dude. You’ll get pelters!

/joke

Not really...

13 serves a purpose...It's a great addition to the show if you watch it..

SFS.....Yeah...No comment ha

Not really...

13 serves a purpose...It's a great addition to the show if you watch it..

SFS.....Yeah...No comment ha

The first time I heard SOE I thought it felt lazy, but from the 2nd listen on it clicked and works perfectly, and is a very apt set closer. And a nice one.

It’s great, and apparently is amazing as a closer.

SFS can be put into the “let’s forget that and never play it again” box.

It’s great, and apparently is amazing as a closer.

SFS can be put into the “let’s forget that and never play it again” box.

It is. Saw it on YT. Surprisingly emotional and makes you think

It is. Saw it on YT. Surprisingly emotional and makes you think

I just watched the live version from Tulsa.

Wow is all I can say. Absolutely perfect.

Go on Larry, give us a smile :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRHJxXuYXF8

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Here is another YT vid about why Bono is embracing AR for this tour.

Here is another YT vid about why Bono is embracing AR for this tour.

I don't mind that really...

It's kinda cool and we (fans) know why it's there.

• Advertisement

Set was mixed around a bit last night in places in San Jose

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/u2/2018/sap-center-san-jose-ca-73edbe85.html
    Gloria got an airing last night, but no sign of Horses

Advertisement