Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Teacher0101

That should be a regular on the set. Plus where is 'summer of Love' and 'The Showman'.

If they can kick off 'Streets', These can go: 'Vertigo, 'Elevation, 'One', 'Beautiful Day', 'I Will follow', 'City of blinding Lights', 'Desire' (Bono can't sing it well anymore), 'Sunday Bloody Sunday'.

They probably had very little down-time from the last tour to introduce rare-old stuff - they look rusty, all very close together and eye contact that indicates not a massive amount of rehearsal doing 'Acrobat' but it's slowly coming together and will sound great by the time it gets here. But still, they are able to charge the prices.

What about 'Seconds' from 'War'? Pretty relevant to todays political climate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ada8H9B3aFQ

'Wire' from Unforgettable Fire

'Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car'

'Lemon'

'Zooropa'

'Zoo Station'

'Breathe' from 'No Line on the Horizon'.

Play stuff post 2000, but not all the wuss, MOR songs with no bite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

That should be a regular on the set. Plus where is 'summer of Love' and 'The Showman'.

If they can kick off 'Streets', These can go: 'Vertigo, 'Elevation, 'One', 'Beautiful Day', 'I Will follow', 'City of blinding Lights', 'Desire' (Bono can't sing it well anymore), 'Sunday Bloody Sunday'.

They probably had very little down-time from the last tour to introduce rare-old stuff - they look rusty, all very close together and eye contact that indicates not a massive amount of rehearsal doing 'Acrobat' but it's slowly coming together and will sound great by the time it gets here. But still, they are able to charge the prices.

What about 'Seconds' from 'War'? Pretty relevant to todays political climate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ada8H9B3aFQ

'Wire' from Unforgettable Fire

'Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car'

'Lemon'

'Zooropa'

'Zoo Station'

'Breathe' from 'No Line on the Horizon'.

Play stuff post 2000, but not all the wuss, MOR songs with no bite.

I Will Follow will never go and rightly so. It's a killer live track!

Elevation doesn't sound too bad this tour, with the old mix from the Elevation tour. Would prefer HMTMKMKM though

Zoo Station was played a few times on the Innocence tour. Sounded great. Can't see Breathe coming back. Zooropa might, was played on the last two legs of the 360 tour

Daddy's Gonna Pay....Can't see it myself
    Lemon will definitely not come back. Bono's falsetto isn't as strong as what it was, understandably. :)

Personally, I'd love Electric Co (I think they play it better than ever!) Stay, Discotheque, HMTMKMKM and Original Of The Species comeback (Can do it on the E stage, with just vocals and Piano. I think would work well with the experience side of the show)
    Songs that work I feel.

Either way, always a pleasure and joy seeing them live. Can't wait

Well if 'Streets' can go, 'I Will Follow' could easily be chopped.

'Out of control', or 'Electric Co' would be cool instead of it.

Good point about what can be played on the various stages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Streets was clearly dropped in response to TJT tour. Quite understandable.

Yeah, but dropping 'Bad' and loads of stuff from 'Achtung Baby', charging a serious price for tickets, and putting 11 out of 25 tracks on the latest leg of the setlist from the last two albums. That's fine and all, but a lot of people won't see U2 more than ones. Bit ****ty to charge so much and leave off 'Streets', 'Bullet' and 'Bad'. One of them could be played.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Yeah, but dropping 'Bad' and loads of stuff from 'Achtung Baby', charging a serious price for tickets, and putting 11 out of 25 tracks on the latest leg of the setlist from the last two albums. That's fine and all, but a lot of people won't see U2 more than ones. Bit ****ty to charge so much and leave off 'Streets', 'Bullet' and 'Bad'. One of them could be played.

You should check out Bowie's Outside Tour. He basically did Under Pressure and an electronic version of The Man Who Sold The World. All the rest were new tracks or obscure album tracks. He took a risk, and it didn't really pay off for him financially, but he said it was artistically rewarding- and it was for his band too, his pianist Mike Garson going as far to say it was his favourite tour.

U2 could have gone out and done a greatest hits set, with 4-5 songs from SoE. Instead they've gone with a cool sounding concept for this tour. They've gone for a very risky set, with songs that make for more than just a rock n roll show.

Streets and its friends will be back eventually, but I admire them for sticking their necks out on this tour.

Yeah, they're different artists, U2 much more MOR stuff going on since 2000. So it's a very mediocre set. 'City of blinding Lights', 'Vertigo', 'Beautiful Day' ****ing 'Elevation'. I understand the concept and i'm a fan of the new album, best stuff IMO since 'Pop' or 'Zooropa'.

But U2 aren't Bowie, you expect that stuff from Bowie, a lot of people who only kinda know the hits go to U2 as well and they know this - so they're sticking their dicks out in the frost with this a bit, so I'm sure how this will stand up in Europe. There are a ridiculous amount of lighter in the air, middle of the road tracks on their setlist, which resembles something Coldplay would do. Needs to be more mixed. I'm glad they're passionate about their new stuff, but they need the good songs on then! 'Red Flag Day' needs to be played at every gig, AND 'The Showman' and 'Summer of Love'

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

I do think they should drop the middle of the road stuff like City of Blind Lights, All Because of You, Elevation and Vertigo. Its a bit too safe.

Honestly one of the best tracks on the new album is the opener, which inst a typical U2 track. Bono inst going to be jumping around the stage like he did in his 30's and even 40's but would love to see 40, Heartland, If you Wear That Velvet Dress, Wake Up Dead Man, Please, If God Would Send His Angels brought in instead.

I would love to see them just go a bit artistic like the current tour opener. Maybe even Your Blue Room and Theme from Lets Go Native from Passengers somewhere in the show as a intermission or something or other.

Looking forward to the show anyways no matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Was in the 3arena Last night and went over to my seat that I have for u2 and imagine the setup i felt a bit disappointed as the view obstructs me from seeing most of the screen but I did pay price level 2 for the ticket and I get what I paid for

Block E row 24 seat 121

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Was in the 3arena Last night and went over to my seat that I have for u2 and imagine the setup i felt a bit disappointed as the view obstructs me from seeing most of the screen but I did pay price level 2 for the ticket and I get what I paid for

Block E row 24 seat 121

You should be grand, I was block D the last time, the view of the screen was pretty acute but you could see it, so I'd imagine block e will be v good! Plus they have a screen at the end of the barricage this time around.

• Advertisement

Perhaps controversial among some but.....

I'm still listening to this album!

For me, that's unheard of....Not that I'm in any way knowledgeable or know anything

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ThrowAway123

bclar12 wrote: »

Why would it be controversial to anyone, what you choose to listen to?
    Not that I'm in any way knowledgeable or know anything

Honestly, this was the part that prompted me to write this post. It comes across in a sarcastic/arrogant/condescending tone.

Just because the bulk of your comments are in a U2 thread, and your band plays what sounds like a shi*e U2-LITE, it does not make your opinion required reading.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into what you have written, but it becomes tiring opening one of these threads, only to the same person commenting over, and over...and over again. 

Mini rant over, I'm going back into lurker mode. May post in another year or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ThrowAway123

Not that I'm in any way knowledgeable or know anything

Honestly, this was the part that prompted me to write this post. It comes across in a sarcastic/arrogant/condescending tone.

Just because the bulk of your comments are in a U2 thread, and your band plays what sounds like a shi*e U2-LITE, it does not make your opinion required reading.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into what you have written, but it becomes tiring opening one of these threads, only to the same person commenting over, and over...and over again. 

Mini rant over, I'm going back into lurker mode. May post in another year or two.

For me, that's unheard of....Not that I'm in any way knowledgeable or know anything

Glad to see, I think its a fantastic album that flows so well. Took me a while to appreciate where the Blackout is placed, but I 100% love this album. Love is Bigger has grown on me 8000% over the past month or so too.

So I'm arrogant because I say I don't have much knowledge of stuff like this? You do know the definition of arrogant right?

And my opinion doesn't matter according to you? Bit of a twatish thing to say but, fair enough. Your post is embarrassing. Perhaps I should leave the forum? Do you want to organise some going away drinks for me?

My band are ****e U2 lite? We sound nowt like U2 but, happy days thanks for listening :D
    I look forward to the day you say all this to me

Strange outburst! :D

Album is still doing it for me too. Very little parts of it I don't like. I think the early hype feelings of "best since POP" still stand up. Love how many tracks are making it to the live show, November will be fun.

Album is still doing it for me too. Very little parts of it I don't like. I think the early hype feelings of "best since POP" still stand up. Love how many tracks are making it to the live show, November will be fun.

Like a **** episode of Eastenders tbh

But yeah...Bomb has a lot of good tracks but, something about it doesn't flow. It's weird

I love how SoE heavy the new show is too. The opening combo and closing combo seem brilliant on paper, and I can only assume when October comes around that that those 4 tunes will work brilliantly where they are in the set, in a live setting.

As much as I like SoI, Ive listened to this so much more. "Best since Pop" stands for me too.

Be interesting to see if Little Things makes a comeback. They're seemingly close to getting Landlady ready for live, and determined to sort The Showman(i'd rather that than Landlady). That just leaves Summer of Love right? Would be impressive if they managed to play all 13 tracks on the tour at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Best since Pop ?
    What about All That You Cant Leave Behind ???

• Advertisement

Best since Pop ?
    What about All That You Cant Leave Behind ???

Honestly I think I prefer SOE. It's extremely close mind you, and in time it may fade further. Both are top class albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Honestly I think I prefer SOE. It's extremely close mind you, and in time it may fade further. Both are top class albums.

I think theres an absolute belter of a single album combining and boiling down both I and E records.

Larry seems to be on form this tour...

I'd love to see them play Boy in full......what a debut!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

I'd love to see them play Boy in full......what a debut!

Went through all the albums recently. Boy went up the rankings for me. It is very strong. October and War just not as good, they waned a bit there before reaching their peak 87-91.

That's more like it. Drop in a few random old ones. And something from 'Zooropa' - where's the 'Experience' element??

Larry is always on form tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

Looks like it was a brilliant show in the Apollo last night

lazer.blue wrote: »
    Looks like it was a brilliant show in the Apollo last night

Amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

Just listened to the Apollo show. It sounded as good as the reports suggested. Oh to have been there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

May be skirting the rules slightly, but would appreciate a link for the Apollo show if someone could pm?

Advertisement