Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 770 ✭✭✭dubal

ITgirl73 wrote: »
    Did you use car parks nearby?? I am not familiar with that part of Dublin but if I do drive up I need to be back as early as possible

Coming from Cork, surely you can use the park and ride (red cow) and get the red line luas straight into the concert and back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Did you use car parks nearby?? I am not familiar with that part of Dublin but if I do drive up I need to be back as early as possible

One I literally parked it very near the place across the road. Was shocked to get a spot.

Other times I used an official car park.

Parking at the red cow is another option as Dubai says. I would say that’s a small bit slower than getting out via car. But I guess if you’re considering the walk to the car park etc maybe not.

It really depends how much of a rush you’ll be in. To be honest I’ve never been in a mad rush but i can definitely say it never felt like we were stuck waiting anywhere etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

I always park around 400 metres away. Get there for 6.30 or so.

It's a lovely spot. Residential area.

I finally got round to watching the Abbey Road show. Bloody hell, it's good!!

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

Best bet might be to pre-book the official car-park. Get in early and get a spot at one of the levels closest to the exit. The later you get there, the further down you'll have to park and the slower it'll be to get away.

Once you're out, you could shimmy up the port tunnel and on to the M50 fairly sharp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭Redo91

Anyone else still waiting on the 2017 subscribers gift. A bit ridiculous that I’m still waiting. Had emailed them won’t ago and they said there was an issue with the production line but that they would be sending it out ASAP. Might look into trying to get a refund of some sort as I haven’t everything I was supposed to for my €50 sub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Redo91 wrote: »
    Anyone else still waiting on the 2017 subscribers gift. A bit ridiculous that I’m still waiting. Had emailed them won’t ago and they said there was an issue with the production line but that they would be sending it out ASAP. Might look into trying to get a refund of some sort as I haven’t everything I was supposed to for my €50 sub.

I actually got an email yesterday saying mine had been dispatched .
    It only took them 20 months to dispatch it .

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

dubal wrote: »
    Coming from Cork, surely you can use the park and ride (red cow) and get the red line luas straight into the concert and back?

I believe Luas travel time is 57 mins compared to 38 driving. I am really under pressure to get home so need to work out the fastest way as it is looking increasingly likely that I won’t be able to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Anyone else still waiting on the 2017 subscribers gift. A bit ridiculous that I’m still waiting.

The vinyl? That eventually came last March and I thought that was bad enough.

For such a slick operation on their monster tours over the years, that u2.com website is not the best it has to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

I've put 4 tickets back on sale with ticketmaster, general admission, if anyone is still looking for tickets. Can no longer attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

FixitFelix wrote: »
    I've put 4 tickets back on sale with ticketmaster, general admission, if anyone is still looking for tickets. Can no longer attend.

I'm sure TM will release them as platinum tickets. Which is re-sale tickets at market driven prices. Horrible carry on! I had a quick look around and there isn't 1 ticket showing for any date for the general sale..... Didnt bother checking the platinum tickets! Pfft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭FixitFelix

I'm sure TM will release them as platinum tickets. Which is re-sale tickets at market driven prices. Horrible carry on! I had a quick look around and there isn't 1 ticket showing for any date for the general sale..... Didnt bother checking the platinum tickets! Pfft.

Don't know how it works to be honest, it was standing tickets I got, they've just emailed to day they've sold anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

I believe Luas travel time is 57 mins compared to 38 driving. I am really under pressure to get home so need to work out the fastest way as it is looking increasingly likely that I won’t be able to go.

No way is it 57 minutes. It's about 40 minutes or so on the LUAS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭6am7f9zxrsjvnb

..U2.com got caught out because thousands of people paid the € 50 subscription for the sole reason of accessing Pre Sales for both the JT & Experience Tours. Membership probably quadrupled so their estimate for production of the gift was way off..not defending them mind, you shouldn’t be still waiting.

Chivito550 wrote: »
    No way is it 57 minutes. It's about 40 minutes or so on the LUAS.

Thats in normal traffic, though it might be difficult to get on a luas after the concert, the traffic in the area is normally quite bad after a concert.

Luas planner says 38 minutes.

Dubal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Thats in normal traffic, though it might be difficult to get on a luas after the concert, the traffic in the area is normally quite bad after a concert.

Dubal

Will be looking to catch a Luas afterwards myself.
    How does it work usually? Are there extra services, or is it a case of miss out, tough luck?

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Will be looking to catch a Luas afterwards myself.
    How does it work usually? Are there extra services, or is it a case of miss out, tough luck?

I think they make an announcement about this nearer the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

..U2.com got caught out because thousands of people paid the € 50 subscription for the sole reason of accessing Pre Sales for both the JT & Experience Tours. Membership probably quadrupled so their estimate for production of the gift was way off..not defending them mind, you shouldn’t be still waiting.

Best decision i ever made subscribing. I never had an easier time getting tickets to a gig. I had my choice and chose Belfast and seats facing the screen directly. The other half hates standing and it is our 4th time in 3 years seeing them so it was the least i could do lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

dubal wrote:

This. Every gig i go to in dublin i do this now and i am back in limerick by half 1ish

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Dubal

Don't they generally put on more trams when there are gigs on?

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Don't they generally put on more trams when there are gigs on?

Yes ,they will have extra trams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Got an email about my U2.com sub running out in a few weeks. No thanks don't think I'll renew, only use i get is for pre sale tickets and I don't think they will be touring these parts in 2019 (hoping not as tickets were dear for last summer and this Nov)

Still waiting on my seated ticket for Tuesday 6th Nov to arrive. You get a physical ticket for seated ones unlike standing. I picked level 2 ticket price so won't have a full view of the screen cause I'm in the middle of block E.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

Although, if you do take up membership again for, say, 2020, you'll go back down the queue behind those who will have maintained their membership, as I think the more long-term members get first go in a "staggered" approach to pre-sales...

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

mrk75 wrote: »
    Although, if you do take up membership again for, say, 2020, you'll go back down the queue behind those who will have maintained their membership, as I think the more long-term members get first go in a "staggered" approach to pre-sales...

have a feeling the next tour will be stadiums thus having more tickets on public sale
    the E&I tour will be the last Arena tour they do i think

Can deff see another Slane show before they call it a day

Cheers for the replies re the Joshua Tree vinyl. Sorry I only saw them now. I was one of the people who subscribed for tickets. Was well worth it to be fair as I’ve grabbed tickets no bother for the last two tours and they were like gold dust.

Still no word with my vinyl. Will try message them again. Bit of a joke there is still no sign of the vinyl when it’s 18 months since I subscribed.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Loadedscream

Cheers for the replies re the Joshua Tree vinyl. Sorry I only saw them now. I was one of the people who subscribed for tickets. Was well worth it to be fair as I’ve grabbed tickets no bother for the last two tours and they were like gold dust.

Still no word with my vinyl. Will try message them again. Bit of a joke there is still no sign of the vinyl when it’s 18 months since I subscribed.

i recieved an email yesterday saying mine shipped with a tracking number. seems they are getting there slowly.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Are these the The Joshua Tree Singles (4 of them on vinyl) ?
    I dont know how, but they sent me two sets of them. Anyone want a free set? Based around Clontarf\Eastpoint area Mon-thurs if anyone wants to pick it up from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Are these the The Joshua Tree Singles (4 of them on vinyl) ?
    I dont know how, but they sent me two sets of them. Anyone want a free set? Based around Clontarf\Eastpoint area Mon-thurs if anyone wants to pick it up from me.

Some sweet genorosity right there!
    Fair play to you!

Hope they end up with a fan!

i recieved an email yesterday saying mine shipped with a tracking number. seems they are getting there slowly.
    Good to see they haven’t been forgotten about at least. Still no e-mail for me. Don’t have a vinyl player but was going to get them framed or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Good to see they haven’t been forgotten about at least. Still no e-mail for me. Don’t have a vinyl player but was going to get them framed or something.

Framing them is probably the best use. Quite unimpressed with them as a release. Would love to see something worthwhile like Melon get a pressing.

• Advertisement

I invited Bono and the Edge around to my house for a few pints recently
    Got them to play a tune while there

Advertisement