Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

The girl in the front row at 1 min 10 is texting "This is a rip off of that Killers tune".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Have tickets been delivered yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

finbarrk wrote: »
    Have tickets been delivered yet?

Just checked my order history on Ticketmaster and got the following:

We've received the tickets in for your event and we’re now starting to send them out. Don't panic if your friends get theirs before you – we send tickets out in batches, so they may not all arrive at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Ok, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

American Soul seems to be dropped in favour of New Year's Day
    Summer Of Love is in for Staring At The Sun
    Red Flag Day is in and so to is Even Better Than The Real Thing, in place of Desire.

Interestingly enough, the encore wasn't rehearsed at all this week. Could be the same or something new

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I’ll be raging if SATS is dropped. Hopefully as it’s acoustic it doesn’t need a rehearsal. Would make no sense to drop the only POP song in ages on the leg of the tour that actually loved the album.

I’d actually be p!ssed too if American soul was dropped. Really like that tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

I’ll be raging if SATS is dropped. Hopefully as it’s acoustic it doesn’t need a rehearsal. Would make no sense to drop the only POP song in ages on the leg of the tour that actually loved the album.

2 songs I was really looking forward to too, actually.

Can understand why they're dropping AS. I can't imagine the whole American theme, with a big American flag, working well in Europe.

SATS was part of the theme of some American political stuff, where as Summer of Love is about the European immigration stuff.

I think they should play all of them because I'm a greedy prick tbh

New version of New Years Day and Zooropa theme intro

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Check out the new mix of New Years Day from Berlin...brilliant.

• Advertisement

New intro is far better

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

It was a song that badly needed a revamp and they have done a great job. Amazing how they can still make a 35 year old track still sound fresh.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Wow that’s worrying. Hope the aul fella is ok. Makes ya think we’re on borrowed time with seeing them live.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hope it won't come to it but if the rest of the tour is cancelled at least we get our money back

Prob the usual rest for bono and he will be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Hope it won't come to it but if the rest of the tour is cancelled at least we get our money back

Prob the usual rest for bono and he will be fine

No chance..Livenation would wheel him around the stage in a pope mobile with an oxegen tent on top rather than lose those $$$

Hewson, we have a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭sadie9

bclar12 wrote: »
    Hewson, we have a problem

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Hope the lot is cancelled maybe can go rescheduled date :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Hope the lot is cancelled maybe can go rescheduled date :pac:

Hoping for the cancellation too and i can get my money back. Will regret later no doubt but last year's JT show in Croke Park was the ultimate u2 experience for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Hoping for the cancellation too and i can get my money back. Will regret later no doubt but last year's JT show in Croke Park was the ultimate u2 experience for me

There will be no cancellation ,not for Dublin anyway ,the show must go on.
    Cologne gigs might be rescheduled but everything else should go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

Depends on the “medical advice” I wonder is the delay in an update a good or bad sign. They really need to consider people traveling to Cologne. The sooner they cancel if the better for people traveling as they might get hotel refunds today but not tomorrow for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

RTÉ News had this story about Bono's voice issues just up on the 6.1.

He'll be fine.
    Saw the footage, I'm more shocked it's only happened now.

On a side note, great opening. How do you think it'll be recieved in the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

bclar12 wrote: »
    On a side note, great opening. How do you think it'll be recieved in the UK?

No problem I'd say. U2 fans will be staunch remainers.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

Tour back on rescheduled gig Nov 13th

It's happened singers before. It'll happen again.
    It's happened B man before. Check out the opening 3 gigs of Popmart.

Many factors can contribute to it. The air we breathe, food, drinks, alcohol, pushing too hard or even just simple talking.

For a man of his age, for all the partying, smoking etc he's gotten up to, he is an outstanding rock singer for his age

They never had to bail on a show 4 songs in though.

I’ve found his voice notably worse with each tour since Elevation.

Understandable as a lot of the songs require serious work from him.

They never had to bail on a show 4 songs in though.

I’ve found his voice notably worse with each tour since Elevation.

Understandable as a lot of the songs require serious work from him.

Really?? Would disagree to an extent.

Thought he was great on 360 and I+e. Granted, his falsetto is long gone but, I know singers my age and theirs are gone before they even reach 30.

Miss Sarajevo on the Vertigo and 360 tours was breathtaking. Literally ha

He's approaching 60, singing like he does, considering the stories about him drinking and partying on a nightly basis on tours... With all that in mind, the guy is ridiculous, in an unbelievable way

• Advertisement

I not comparing him to anyone but himself. Watch the concert dvds one after the other and the difference is stark.

Not his fault. Just a fact of life.

Advertisement