Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

I not comparing him to anyone but himself. Watch the concert dvds one after the other and the difference is stark.

Not his fault. Just a fact of life.

Probably true. I can't think off hand

Irrelevant fun fact... Queen at Wembley in 86 dvd, Mercury sounds amazing. I have the bootleg, pre overdubs, he was in bits with a cold and blew his voice out the night before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Very classy from Eddie Vedder at a gig in Boston last night, wishing Bono well and the crowd reacting great too

https://mobile.twitter.com/jaysvoboda/status/1036410572231925760

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

if you have an e ticket on your phone are you able to transfer/sell ticket if you are unable to attend?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

ITgirl73 wrote: »
    if you have an e ticket on your phone are you able to transfer/sell ticket if you are unable to attend?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Your ID will be checked to ensure it matches the ticket.

There is an option to give it back to Ticketmaster for a refund. Ticketmaster then resell it as a platinum ticket, ie. at market driven prices. Probably around 450e! People seem relieved to see seatwave going, sure now Ticketmaster just do the gouging directly from their own site!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

There is an option to give it back to Ticketmaster for a refund. Ticketmaster then resell it as a platinum ticket, ie. at market driven prices. Probably around 450e! People seem relieved to see seatwave going, sure now Ticketmaster just do the gouging directly from their own site!!!

I presume a seatwave ticket is fine even with a different name? I really reluctantly bought mine on Seatwave, but I chose the Belfast gig so i didnt pay too much over the asking price (at least relatively speaking).

I contacted the stadium to ask was this going to be ok and they said refer to the ticket distributors, so Im assuming its gonna be fine! But Im still a little worried.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Pigs will fly too .

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

No IDs were checked at the 3Arena when U2 played there back in 2015 anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

No IDs were checked at the 3Arena when U2 played there back in 2015 anyways.

A few of these type of gigs (eg Radiohead), they did check the early queuers, but when crowds built, abandoned the checking..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

UsedToWait wrote: »
    A few of these type of gigs (eg Radiohead), they did check the early queuers, but when crowds built, abandoned the checking..

I arrived at Radiohead when the support act were on, nobody waiting to be checked, and they just gestured me in, no ID check, standing.

I know some said they got checked but it seemed to be in the massive minority, like maybe half hour or less after doors opened.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

The Unforgettable Fire was rehearsed and soundchecked this afternoon

bclar12 wrote: »
    The Unforgettable Fire was rehearsed and soundchecked this afternoon

Not on the setlist for tonight unfortunately .

Bono in good form so far ,two songs in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

I arrived at Radiohead when the support act were on, nobody waiting to be checked, and they just gestured me in, no ID check, standing.

I know some said they got checked but it seemed to be in the massive minority, like maybe half hour or less after doors opened.

Yeah we were there for doors opening and they checked for at least 10-15 mins, then abandoned it.
    It's clearly not feasible for a gig this size.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,050 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Pigs will fly too .
    They checked ID for all ticket holders at Tom Waits in the Phoenix Park some years back - no hold ups, all very smooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭davef1000

They checked ID for all ticket holders at Tom Waits in the Phoenix Park some years back - no hold ups, all very smooth.

I was at one of those shows and didn't get my ID checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭lazer.blue

On the off chance that someone on here was at the abandoned Berlin show on Saturday night and can't make the rescheduled show on 13 November, I would be interested in buying the tickets.

davef1000 wrote: »
    I was at one of those shows and didn't get my ID checked.

I was at all three nights, and they checked ID of the person who had bought the tickets each night.

How exactly is that relevant?
    There is no mention of id restrictions for U2's gigs in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭davef1000

I was at all three nights, and they checked ID of the person who had bought the tickets each night.

I don't know what to tell you. You were checked, I wasn't.

Massively disappointing show, too, but that's for another thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

As of today looking very likely that I cannot travel to concert. I am gutted. I have ticket on my mobile phone. Assuming Ticketmaster will say they won’t refund me & my tough luck etc, what options do I have? Can I apply for a paper ticket? It is silly not to give someone else the chance to avail of ticket. Reading the ticket master T&c’s cancel without refund seems to be my only option.

• Advertisement

As of today looking very likely that I cannot travel to concert. I am gutted. I have ticket on my mobile phone. Assuming Ticketmaster will say they won’t refund me & my tough luck etc, what options do I have? Can I apply for a paper ticket? It is silly not to give someone else the chance to avail of ticket. Reading the ticket master T&c’s cancel without refund seems to be my only option.

You should have the option of print at home tickets too if you login to your Ticketmater account on a pc.
    You can give these to someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

I'm looking for one seated ticket for Dublin on 10th Nov.
    Not optimistic though, the sheer amount of people travelling from abroad to the 4 Dublin shows means disapointment looms.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

You should have the option of print at home tickets too if you login to your Ticketmater account on a pc.
    You can give sell 15 copies of these to someone else suckers.

ftfy

It was in response to the suggestion that checking ID isn't feasible

• Registered Users Posts: 20,905 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Genuine fan looking for tickets for any Dublin gig.

Is about 200 euro the cheapest tickets ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

Genuine fan looking for tickets for any Dublin gig.

Is about 200 euro the cheapest tickets ?

Keep an eye on ticketmaster I got two standing tickets the day before the Friday gig the last time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

No ID, but as all standing tickets are paperless, but you do have to have the card used to make the purchase, to gain entry, in an effort to tackle touting. This may mean a much slower entry process for standing attendees, and is probably the reason the gig start time is listed at 6.30pm, almost 2 hours ahead of all other gigs on this tour.

A common problem, is a card which expires before the gig happens, in this case you can use the original card, as the access is linked to the card number contained on the magnetic strip, there is no “online” check. For those who did what their credit card company advised, which is cut it up with a scissors, you can contact Ticketmaster to edit your booking, so that the card number of your new card will scan on entry.

fafy wrote: »
    No ID, but as all standing tickets are paperless, but you do have to have the card used to make the purchase, to gain entry, in an effort to tackle touting. This may mean a much slower entry process for standing attendees, and is probably the reason the gig start time is listed at 6.30pm, almost 2 hours ahead of all other gigs on this tour.

Credit card entry is fast ,they just scan the card ,its as fast as normal scanning .
    For those who did what their credit card company advised, which is cut it up with a scissors, you can contact Ticketmaster to edit your booking, so that the card number of your new card will scan on entry.

Thus defeating the whole purpose of using credit card entry.
    Its nonsense as you can simply switch the tickets to another credit card number .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

Thus defeating the whole purpose of using credit card entry.
    Its nonsense as you can simply switch the tickets to another credit card number .

Necessary though, my card has been replaced by my bank due to it being skimmed at an ATM, so I guess I'll have to contact Ticketmaster.

I'd imagine it's a big deterrent though ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

fafy wrote: »

A common problem, is a card which expires before the gig happens, in this case you can use the original card, as the access is linked to the card number contained on the magnetic strip, there is no “online” check. For those who did what their credit card company advised, which is cut it up with a scissors, you can contact Ticketmaster to edit your booking, so that the card number of your new card will scan on entry.

If your card has expired you can still get in with the new card, as they are issued with the same number, just a different expiry date.

to combat anyone who might wish to argue this theory, It happened to me the last time around.

and now come to think of it, I think I did actually recently get another new card

Advertisement