Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭fafy

v10 wrote: »
    Necessary though, my card has been replaced by my bank due to it being skimmed at an ATM, so I guess I'll have to contact Ticketmaster.

I'd imagine it's a big deterrent though ..

Happened to me a few years back. I just used the original card, there were no issues. I was told at the time of entry, they are just checking the card number which is on the magnetic strip, they do not check that the card is actually active.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

fafy wrote: »
    Happened to me a few years back. I just used the original card, there were no issues. I was told at the time of entry, they are just checking the card number which is on the magnetic strip, they do not check that the card is actually active.

I destroyed the original card, wasn't thinking of the U2 concert at the time ! I'll need to contact ticketmaster I think !

• Registered Users Posts: 38,410 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

still waiting on my ticket for the Tuesday Dublin show. Its a seated ticket so i will get a hard copy

Very meh about it tbh but will prob get excited when it starts getting closer. November will just be under 16 months since the last time they played Ireland. Compare it to the Hysteria of the 2015 I&E Irish tours which was huge and my first time seeing them. The hype around those 2015 gigs was insane cause it was the first Irish shows in 6 years and first in the 3arena (formally the point) and Oddessey in Belfast

Hopefully the guys give playing here a rest for a few years as my wallet cant take much more of these high u2 ticket prices

• Registered Users Posts: 5,465 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Has anybody received actual tickets for the seats yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

PTH2009 wrote: »
    still waiting on my ticket for the Tuesday Dublin show. Its a seated ticket so i will get a hard copy

Very meh about it tbh but will prob get excited when it starts getting closer. November will just be under 16 months since the last time they played Ireland. Compare it to the Hysteria of the 2015 I&E Irish tours which was huge and my first time seeing them. The hype around those 2015 gigs was insane cause it was the first Irish shows in 6 years and first in the 3arena (formally the point) and Oddessey in Belfast

Hopefully the guys give playing here a rest for a few years as my wallet cant take much more of these high u2 ticket prices

ZooTube tour in 2021 I'd say :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

If you have a meal in one of the hotels on Naas Road can you leave car there and taxi/Luas in and back without booking into hotel for night? I assume they allow for those who would meet up for a meal in restaurants etc and it would help as on the road home for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Was at the Lisbon gig on Sunday night - for a band that prides themselves on live show innovation, there is a fair bit of repetition from 2015. For example, In the early part of the show there is a full re-run of the Iris/Cedarwood back story and the Iris thread appears frequently through the show.
    Really kicked off, once they moved to the B stage - good mix of old and new there.
    Odd song to finish - 13, but mashing in the SFS chorus, leaving the crowd pretty confused.

As a stand alone show it was great, but it really felt like watching I+E again in terms of concept, imagery and structure, albeit 8 songs off SoE and 2 off SoI.
    Crowd were great, maybe I'm hitting the U2 fatigue wall -Dublin will be gig #7, in the space of 3 years (across I+E, JT and E+I), so probably overly analytical of the show at this stage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Izoard wrote: »
    Was at the Lisbon gig on Sunday night - for a band that prides themselves on live show innovation, there is a fair bit of repetition from 2015. For example, In the early part of the show there is a full re-run of the Iris/Cedarwood back story and the Iris thread appears frequently through the show.
    Really kicked off, once they moved to the B stage - good mix of old and new there.
    Odd song to finish - 13, but mashing in the SFS chorus, leaving the crowd pretty confused.

As a stand alone show it was great, but it really felt like watching I+E again in terms of concept, imagery and structure, albeit 8 songs off SoE and 2 off SoI.
    Crowd were great, maybe I'm hitting the U2 fatigue wall -Dublin will be gig #7, in the space of 3 years (across I+E, JT and E+I), so probably overly analytical of the show at this stage...

Only thing I'd say is, it was known to be an extension of the I+E tour.

The Ceaderwood Road, SBS combination doesn't need to be there though imo. Cannot understand why they dropped Raised By Wolves and the lack of rotation in the set is very puzzling and confusing

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

bclar12 wrote: »
    the lack of rotation in the set is very puzzling and confusing

I can only imagine with the whole visuals and lights that the whole show is run just like that, a repeatable show where everyone and everything has its timings and places to be.

There is no room for off the cuff song choices or changes to the set list night after night (bar a few song substitutions). Its only an issue if you go to more the a few gigs during a tour I suppose.

I can only imagine with the whole visuals and lights that the whole show is run just like that, a repeatable show where everyone and everything has its timings and places to be.

There is no room for off the cuff song choices or changes to the set list night after night (bar a few song substitutions). Its only an issue if you go to more the a few gigs during a tour I suppose.

+ 1 on the choreography...a lot of Portugese subtitles on the screen, even for the "improptu" McPhisto schtick, so this is very well baked before each venue.
    They were late (9:30pm) coming on stage in Lisbon (probably due to the fact that Bono decided to head off to Ukraine for some conference and was only arriving back that afternoon), but knowing how precise they have to be with all the timings, I was worried that it might have been Berlin Part II...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Love the band, especially the Edge. But after watching the stuff on Sweden, Bono's grandstanding and virtue signalling through McPhisto is way over the top at this stage. He's entitled to his opinions, but he doesn't seem to know when to stop 'bugging you', and a chunk of his audience will be rolling their eyes at his antics, if not heckling him at this stage.

Love the band, especially the Edge. But after watching the stuff on Sweden, Bono's grandstanding and virtue signalling through McPhisto is way over the top at this stage. He's entitled to his opinions, but he doesn't seem to know when to stop 'bugging you', and a chunk of his audience will be rolling their eyes at his antics, if not heckling him at this stage.

You do realise what MacPhisto is supposed to be right?

Because, if you really think it's Bono giving his opinions, then I don't know what to say really...

They've been rolling their eyes and heckling for 40 years, mate tbf...

Are they still using the VR app?

There was a big deal made when they launched it, around the opening sequence/The Blackout etc., but didn't appear to be active in Lisbon, and I gave up on it after a couple of songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Izoard wrote: »
    Was at the Lisbon gig on Sunday night

Were you standing in Lisbon ?
    The floor there looks huge .

Were you standing in Lisbon ?
    The floor there looks huge .

Actually, looking at some of the official video from the gig, it is a completely different eh, "experience" in different parts of the venue.
    I was standing at the front of the B stage, so had a fantastic experience when they were there and it felt very intimate. The visuals were a bit "meh" from that perspective, but looking at the video grabs, most of which were from on high, it was a great visual experience.

In fairness to them, they are the best at the focus on the overall fan experience, so there is something for everyone, no matter where you are sitting/standing.

IMHO, Coldplay are the only band that came close to that level of fan attention, in Croke Park, last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

I rang ticketmaster today just to enquire had my tickets been dispatched I was told they had been sent 3 weeks ago. I've never had any problems with the post but obviously they are lost. So ticketmaster have resent the tickets but I forgot to ask are the original tickets voided on the system, in case they have been taken and sold on

fennor72 wrote: »
    I rang ticketmaster today just to enquire had my tickets been dispatched I was told they had been sent 3 weeks ago. I've never had any problems with the post but obviously they are lost. So ticketmaster have resent the tickets but I forgot to ask are the original tickets voided on the system, in case they have been taken and sold on

Still waiting on my Dublin Tuesday seated ticket

Same with my ticket to Slayer on the 1st Nov

Must be cut backs or something TM used to be very quick posting tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭fennor72

PTH2009 wrote:
    Must be cut backs or something TM used to be very quick posting tickets

Yes but I was told it was posted on the 22 August so I'm pretty sure it's lost in the post

fennor72 wrote: »
    Yes but I was told it was posted on the 22 August so I'm pretty sure it's lost in the post

Hope it's not the same for mine

I'll email them in a week or 2 if they still haven't arrived

Remember a ticket for an event last May didnt arrive and after contacting me they just sent me a PDF ticket. They do have a decent Customer Service for tickets delivery problems

PTH2009 wrote: »

It’s always standing I buy, and U2 compare very favourably,for standing ticket prices, On touring, as they have played 3 of the last 4 years, we are all due a rest, a long one.

• Advertisement

It’s always standing I buy, and U2 compare very favourably,for standing ticket prices, On touring, as they have played 3 of the last 4 years, we are all due a rest, a long one.

Its kind of strange the way they have played here 3 times in 4 years as they normally only tour every 4-5 years .
    360 tour was way back in 2009,Vertigo 2005 ,Elevation 2001 ,Popmart 97 and Zoo TV 93.

I always look forward to see the band indoors ,its a much superior experience.
    I didn't think much of the Joshua tree tour last year if I'm honest ,the screen whilst impressive was terribly utilised ,the band were dwarfed by it and the lack of closeups of them on the screen was ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Seve OB wrote: »
    If your card has expired you can still get in with the new card, as they are issued with the same number, just a different expiry date.

Slightly different query - The card I used to purchase the tickets was compromised and disabled - it was a Revolut card, disabled it when funny transactions started on it.

I still have the physical card and it remains disabled, will this matter for entry scanning :confused:

maximoose wrote: »
    Slightly different query - The card I used to purchase the tickets was compromised and disabled - it was a Revolut card, disabled it when funny transactions started on it.

I still have the physical card and it remains disabled, will this matter for entry scanning :confused:

No it shouldn't be a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

You don't HAVE to go though.

Its kind of strange the way they have played here 3 times in 4 years as they normally only tour every 4-5 years .
    360 tour was way back in 2009,Vertigo 2005 ,Elevation 2001 ,Popmart 97 and Zoo TV 93.

I always look forward to see the band indoors ,its a much superior experience.
    I didn't think much of the Joshua tree tour last year if I'm honest ,the screen whilst impressive was terribly utilised ,the band were dwarfed by it and the lack of closeups of them on the screen was ridiculous.

The Joshua Tree 2017 tour was unexpected, and I heard it arose, as the band were contractually obliged to play X. Number of gigs under their Live Narion contract which was a 12 year deal signed around 2008. As the Songs Of Experience album was not finished, they had to get on the road, to satisfy their contractual obligations. Not to do so may have involved a law suit.

There were some direct quotes from band production staff using the words “Tour Of Obligation”. I am not aware of this happening before, but the band chose to sign up for a lengthy Live Nation contract, and took the money made available, which came saddled with touring obligations, which do not consider an album being finished or not. For a band that has historically had 100% artistic and touring control over what they do, this is certainly a departure for them. I don’t know the reasons they signed up to such a contract, maybe they needed Live Narion to partner with them for the financially huge 360 tour, as these tours require massive finance, so maybe they did not want to take the financial risk themselves, but I am speculating here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,812 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

I don’t know the reasons they signed up to such a contract,

You don't? Really?

image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭mickmc7

I was at Madrid gig last night. It was sensational, up there with the best u2 gigs I’ve been at. Wayyy better than i&e, they’ve basically improved on the original concept considerably. And Bono has toned down the preaching to almost nil! Crowd were really up for it which helped obviously. And to top it all off we got Spanish Eyes! Can’t wait for the Point now.

I was at Thirsday night in madrid, they have improved the i & e setup. Loved all the new material, wasn’t that impressed sign Acrobat though, the new remix version of New Years Day was good too. Audience were well up for it, Finishing on “13” is a little odd, but very good gig overall.

The gigs I am most looking forwards to is Belfast, (that was the best of the few I was at in 2015, much smaller venue, and seemed much more relaxed

Set rejigged completely
    Gloria, Unforgettable Fire, Stay (Full band), Wild Horses all in!
    RFD, Iris, Ceaderwood Road, SBS and UTEOTW all out

• Advertisement

bclar12 wrote: »
    Set rejigged completely
    Gloria, Unforgettable Fire, Stay (Full band), Wild Horses all in!
    RFD, Iris, Ceaderwood Road, SBS and UTEOTW all out

Nice

I have a very central seat for one of the 3arena gigs in Block E but should have a great view of the b stage. Price level 2 ticket still costed €119 but simply could not afford the good seats.

Advertisement