Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,453 ✭✭✭MfMan

Trying that as well,guess it’s all down to timing , I suppose

Is the app more prioritised than the web site?

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Messi19

MfMan wrote: »
    Is the app more prioritised than the web site?

I've had success with both but probably more so on the app

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭rash

Thanks for the posts, I picked up 2 standing for the Friday night. Now to get a hotel sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Any idea at what time the show will end, approx? Just trying to work out will I make the bus back or do I need a hotel. Thanks :)

Normally around 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Savage_Henry

Usually just before 11.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

what's car parking like in the point? I used it once, many years ago, went to Jeff Waynes war of the worlds and it was snowing...… so was great, feck all traffic and snow white roads :)

I have parking available in D8, but I'll be bringing my 9 year old kid and I'd rather not have to walk around there after getting off the Luas with her at that time of night.

I wouldnt park there unless youre taking port tunnel or parking in 10 min walk region. Traffic is always crawling/slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,409 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

bclar12 wrote: »
    You'll see most of the show alright

The old saying is 'you get what you paid for ' so I just have to do with what I got

Prob won't see much when there in the screen and for that app ****e but should have a great view of the small stage

I wouldnt park there unless youre taking port tunnel or parking in 10 min walk region. Traffic is always crawling/slow.

I'll deffo be using the tunnel.

Think it's worth the chance so?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Excitement levels building now!

Having a u2 night at the weekend with a pal - will be watching a selection of live shows from Red Rocks to the current tour.

Fortunate to be seeing 3 of the 5 Irish shows this time around..

Last time I saw more than one show on a tour was Elevation.. Can't wait :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

Seve OB wrote: »
    what's car parking like in the point? I used it once, many years ago, went to Jeff Waynes war of the worlds and it was snowing...… so was great, feck all traffic and snow white roads :)

I have parking available in D8, but I'll be bringing my 9 year old kid and I'd rather not have to walk around there after getting off the Luas with her at that time of night.

I think no under 14s allowed? The FAQs in the link below is about a travel package ticket but not sure if the are referring to that or the gig in general. Best to double check.

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/promo/46u4g3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Prob my own fault for not buying the dear tickets but I'm a bit wary of what I'll actually see from my seat in the 3arena going by this pic and imaging the u2 stage
    For one of the 2015 gigs I got the 'cheap seats' almost in the front/middle of the tier looking sort of similar to your pic but on the left side. The view of the giant screen was obstructed to an extent but otherwise the seats were really good had a great view particularly for the E-stage, attached a pic

I think no under 14s allowed? The FAQs in the link below is about a travel package ticket but not sure if the are referring to that or the gig in general. Best to double check.

EEEKKKKK

I was pretty sure that was for standing

I'll have to check it out

the only thing i can find on my receipts and when i log into ticket master site is that U16's must be accompanied

can't see anything about u14's not being allowed

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

rash wrote: »
    Thanks for the posts, I picked up 2 standing for the Friday night. Now to get a hotel sorted.

Typical. I was refreshing throughout the morning for Friday tickets and nothing. Was too busy in the afternoon, so didn't bother checking during this time, and seems like I missed the boat as a result. Hopefully there'll be more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Excitement levels building now!

Having a u2 night at the weekend with a pal - will be watching a selection of live shows from Red Rocks to the current tour.

Fortunate to be seeing 3 of the 5 Irish shows this time around..

Last time I saw more than one show on a tour was Elevation.. Can't wait :)

What a cracking idea this is.

Anyone remember the U2 Night hosted by Gerry Ryan that was on RTE during the weekend U2 played in Dublin on the Vertigo Tour in 05? (There was something similar in 01 too) Absolutely brilliant stuff it was. An entire evening at prime time dedicated to them. I have it all recorded on a VHS somewhere, but our VHS doesn't work properly anymore. Maybe some day I'll be able to watch it again.

This was one of the segments from the U2 Night. I assume this pub crawl didn't go very far long term, but it was a good idea nonetheless. Anyone know how he got on with it in the end?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Typical. I was refreshing throughout the morning for Friday tickets and nothing. Was too busy in the afternoon, so didn't bother checking during this time, and seems like I missed the boat as a result. Hopefully there'll be more.

Mondays and Tuesdays were released every day last week. Keep trying every now and again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Bananaleaf

Is it only during the day they release a specific batch? trying for Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭ITgirl73

Standing tickets for Saturday were available between 3 & 4 today

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

ITgirl73 wrote: »
    Standing tickets for Saturday were available between 3 & 4 today

Its quite baffling how standing tickets are being released in batches every day for the last few weeks.
    Any other venue on the tour has had very few standing ticket drops and they usually only occur the week before the gig .
    The standing tickets are generally last to be released as they are obviously the most desirable for punters and the promoter wants to shift the €200+ seats first.

These standing tickets are most likely returns from customers who can no longer go and they cant resell the tickets so Ticketmaster are refunding them and putting the tickets back on sale.

• Advertisement

ok, so i think it is that you have to be over 16 to get in on your own
    under 16 must be accompanied by an adult... can get into GA standing
    under 14 must be accompanied, but only allowed in seats

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Its quite baffling how standing tickets are being released in batches every day for the last few weeks.
    Any other venue on the tour has had very few standing ticket drops and they usually only occur the week before the gig .
    The standing tickets are generally last to be released as they are obviously the most desirable for punters and the promoter wants to shift the €200+ seats first.

These standing tickets are most likely returns from customers who can no longer go and they cant resell the tickets so Ticketmaster are refunding them and putting the tickets back on sale.

They may over sell standing? I did a couple countries on the last tour and Dublin standing was dangerously packed in comparison.

If they do, they might ask volunteers to leave (for a compensation).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Windmill Lane are doing yours of the studio Monday and Tuesday at half 4, brilliant idea but id say very silm chance to get them

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭loadwire

Wooderson wrote: »
    They may over sell standing? I did a couple countries on the last tour and Dublin standing was dangerously packed in comparison.

Apparently GA in Amsterdam was very packed this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Saturday tickets back up on sale,got one on the app,g’wan ya beauty!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

Has anyone tried to change the name on their standing tickets? I cant go anymore and was hoping to give them to a family member, but from ticketmaster's email they seem to be extremely strict...

R777B wrote: »
    Has anyone tried to change the name on their standing tickets? I cant go anymore and was hoping to give them to a family member, but from ticketmaster's email they seem to be extremely strict...

Just give them the card ,there wont be any ID checks .
    All they do is swipe the card ,they couldn't give a hoot who uses it.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

Just give them the card ,there wont be any ID checks .
    All they do is swipe the card ,they couldn't give a hoot who uses it.

I hoped that was the case - the last U2 tour i was standing and dont remember being ID'ed either. Should be grand.

• Advertisement

R777B wrote: »
    I hoped that was the case - the last U2 tour i was standing and dont remember being ID'ed either. Should be grand.

There were no ID checks in 2015.
    Its so dark outside the doors there I doubt they could even read anything to be honest.

Advertisement