Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

Wooderson wrote: »
    Setlist is getting better each week.

Remarkable innit.
    Their show director, Willie Williams, has said in a magazine interview that they've had to change it up because they want to film the final show in Berlin for DVD release and they don't want the DVD to be the same show as the Live in Paris.

Funny how any commitment to the artistic vision of the show goes out the window when they realise it might threaten DVD sales....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

mrk75 wrote: »
    Their show director, Willie Williams, has said in a magazine interview that they've had to change it up because they want to film the final show in Berlin for DVD release and they don't want the DVD to be the same show as the Live in Paris.

Funny how any commitment to the artistic vision of the show goes out the window when they realise it might threaten DVD sales....:D

Brilliantly put.

I got slated on here to suggest that the SOI "Song for Someone/Cederwood Road/Carbomb" piece should remain in the previous tour's setlist/design. I know a couple people that weren't as up for this tour as it was a rehash/repeat of that 2015 leg. Now it looks like a really fascinating few nights ahead in Dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Brilliantly put.

I got slated on here to suggest that the SOI "Song for Someone/Cederwood Road/Carbomb" piece should remain in the previous tour's setlist/design. I know a couple people that weren't as up for this tour as it was a rehash/repeat of that 2015 leg. Now it looks like a really fascinating few nights ahead in Dublin.

Can understand the narrative however, that section should have been the Boy/Unforgettable Fire/Achtung Baby/Zooropa section, as it is now imo

They've been rehearsing Dirty Day so, that will be interesting.

Hope they stick Electric Co. in after I Will Follow for one of the gigs I'm at

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭citycentre

Anyone know what the arena in Belfast is like? I have standing tickets and was told that the standing area is very limited as it is predominately a seated venue...Has anyone attended a gig there?

Its a perfect venue - Proper arena so they can fit the stage setup in properly (unlike in the 3Arena where you definitely don't get the full show) but small and intimate with just one tier of seating. Saw I+E tour twice there last time around and it was brilliant. I'm going up again for this show, not going to bother with Dublin because the staging is so badly compromised...

bclar12 wrote: »
    Can understand the narrative however, that section should have been the Boy/Unforgettable Fire/Achtung Baby/Zooropa section, as it is now imo

They've been rehearsing Dirty Day so, that will be interesting.

Hope they stick Electric Co. in after I Will Follow for one of the gigs I'm at

Dirty Day would be super.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Standing drop for Belfast both nights

• Registered Users Posts: 15 DeStijl

Just got two standing for Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭lambayire

Seems to be plenty available for Belfast

Anyone think that they'll drop the European theme for the UK gigs?

*Belfast not included :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭dubliner999

Would I be right in saying the tickets that are added last minute are usually seated? I think that was the case last time anyway.

Hoping to pick up some still.

Edit - how much were the standing tickets actually?

Less than 24 hours later, got tickets earlier today :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Ticketmaster just sent me some poor souls tickets with mine. How could they be so incompetent. It doesn’t give me much faith that I’m not the only one.

The Fly in the set now. Red Flag Day back in too.

Shaping up to be a great end to the tour

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

CFC007 wrote: »
    Ticketmaster just sent me some poor souls tickets with mine. How could they be so incompetent. It doesn’t give me much faith that I’m not the only one.

That's shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭Wheety

I'm going on Friday. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭boyznoise

TM currently dropping seating tickets pair in P and N for the Monday night and singles for the Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭Wheety

boyznoise wrote: »
    TM currently dropping seating tickets pair in P and N for the Monday night and singles for the Tuesday

Aren't they selling them as premium? Over €200 each?

Yip, platinum ones only, you have to keep at refreshing on the Monday for the Pairs for Block N and P to appear out of my price range around 420 after fees

I can't see them dropping standard price seats

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Graham1978

Wheety wrote: »
    I'm going on Friday. :D

Same here, can’t wait. And loving the new set, maybe some more surprises on Friday . Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭JKerova1

They murdered The Fly in Milan last night, even sounded like Edge was miming the falsetto in the chorus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

JKerova1 wrote: »
    They murdered The Fly in Milan last night, even sounded like Edge was miming the falsetto in the chorus.

Didn't sound too bad to me. A little sketchy in places maybe. Granted I do agree, very suspicious of The Edge miming the chorus!

https://youtu.be/JVNGLg1epro

Didn't sound too bad to me. A little sketchy in places maybe. Granted I do agree, very suspicious of The Edge miming the chorus!

https://youtu.be/JVNGLg1epro

Whilst I don't like it, Edge has been doing that for years.

Not miming. He still sings a line but, he had backing tracks to help him. Can be seen and heard in Beautiful Day, Red Flag Day, Love Is Bigger, Lights of Home etc.

JKerova1 wrote: »

Sounded better than the ZS debut a couple weeks back.

Im baffled as to why theyre changing things up to this degree so late in the tour. If its just to "make a good dvd" thats nonsense. Those visuals for the Fly were brand new, right?

Sounded better than the ZS debut a couple weeks back.

Im baffled as to why theyre changing things up to this degree so late in the tour. If its just to "make a good dvd" thats nonsense. Those visuals for the Fly were brand new, right?

It's not for the DVD

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

I wonder what the plan was with the DVD before the Berlin gig was rescheduled? It seems short notice to go and plan a DVD considering the Berlin gig was cancelled early Sep so that would be 2.5 months to get it all in place.

It would make more sense to record it in Dublin across a few of the nights and pick the best songs from them.

I wonder what the plan was with the DVD before the Berlin gig was rescheduled? It seems short notice to go and plan a DVD considering the Berlin gig was cancelled early Sep so that would be 2.5 months to get it all in place.

It would make more sense to record it in Dublin across a few of the nights and pick the best songs from them.

Yes, exactly. The whole things seems cobbled together. Very unusual for the band to not want a multiple night stand for the recording of the dvd. And for the setlist to not really change for 3/4 of a long tour is strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

For a band that put such time and effort into their live show, it seems this one was thrown together half arsed in a hurry! The show is only finding itself now and the large section identical to 2015's tour is been removed. Thankfully, as it was very tired!

I caught the Paris show a while back and was pretty underwhelmed. Saying something, as I'm a huge U2 fan. The set was way too similar to I&e. Hopefully now that the band are bringing the Experience out to the front with the Achtung Baby songs and Zooropa songs getting rehearsed, the show will morph into something totally different to 2015 but equally special!

Might even get a long awaited Pop cut yet!....... Maybe! Hahaha!

Yes, exactly. The whole things seems cobbled together. Very unusual for the band to not want a multiple night stand for the recording of the dvd. And for the setlist to not really change for 3/4 of a long tour is strange.

Larry appears to be enjoying it more.

Wasn't getting that vibe on footage I seen from the American leg

bclar12 wrote: »
    Larry appears to be enjoying it more.

Wasn't getting that vibe on footage I seen from the American leg

Youre paying more attention than I mate! Either way any deviation away from the inflexible USA leg of this tour is to be welcomed. When was the last time Wild Horses was played in Dublin frinstance?

• Advertisement

Youre paying more attention than I mate! Either way any deviation away from the inflexible USA leg of this tour is to be welcomed. When was the last time Wild Horses was played in Dublin frinstance?

24th of June 2005.
    This version seems to be killer anyways

Advertisement