Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

It would make more sense to record it in Dublin across a few of the nights and pick the best songs from them.

so rather than a DVD of the performance, it would be a compilation DVD.

Silly Idea. when has that ever happened?

The set was way too similar to I&e.

that was always the plan :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Monday standing tickets up again

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

psychozeb wrote: »
    Monday standing tickets up again

And Tuesday.
    Its plainly evident that they held back thousands of tickets to push the Platinum and VIP packages like I suspected.
    Now that we are a few weeks out they are selling these tickets for normal price .
    Cynical .

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

Seve OB wrote: »
    so rather than a DVD of the performance, it would be a compilation DVD.

Silly Idea. when has that ever happened?

Most DVDs are recorded over two nights. In case something goes wrong on the night, they swap in the recording from the other night.

• Advertisement

starWave wrote: »
    Most DVDs are recorded over two nights. In case something goes wrong on the night, they swap in the recording from the other night.

yea but they don't mix and match the nights in the final cut. they pick one show and use that

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭boyznoise

No seats being dropped just standing, can easily get 4 standing for either Monday or Tuesday at minute

eg paris

im sure most of seen the other show that was recorded. but they didn't run with that night, they decided to release the show where they didn't have a drunken idiot invade the stage at the end... all be it pretty cool how Bono was cool with him, but im sure he was fairly swiftly ejected afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭aristotle25

yea but they don't mix and match the nights in the final cut. they pick one show and use that

They did in the past - https://www.u2.com/music/DVD/4088/Vertigo+-+Live+From+Chicago

"this live DVD was filmed at the United Center Chicago on 9th and 10th May 2005, and directed by Hamish Hamilton."

They did in the past - https://www.u2.com/music/DVD/4088/Vertigo+-+Live+From+Chicago

"this live DVD was filmed at the United Center Chicago on 9th and 10th May 2005, and directed by Hamish Hamilton."

maybe I stand corrected, but was that not a full show recorded and extras for the DVD were recorded from the other night

been a while since I watched that one

• Advertisement

I just remember reading about Gone being recorded on a different night on that DVD. Anyways, as long as the gig is good in Dublin I will be happy with whatever they do on DVD (wont be buying it anyways).

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

Wooderson wrote: »
    bclar12 wrote: »
    Larry appears to be enjoying it more.

Wasn't getting that vibe on footage I seen from the American leg

Youre paying more attention than I mate! Either way any deviation away from the inflexible USA leg of this tour is to be welcomed. When was the last time Wild Horses was played in Dublin frinstance?
    Croker on the Vertigo Tour, I think. I didn't get the full effect as the sound was brutal that night up in the Canal/Hogan corner...

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭mrk75

starWave wrote: »
    Most DVDs are recorded over two nights.  In case something goes wrong on the night, they swap in the recording from the other night.

yea but they don't mix and match the nights in the final cut.  they pick one show and use that
    I think they do. They get the band to wear the same clothes both nights so they can do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Pandiani

boyznoise wrote: »
    No seats being dropped just standing, can easily get 4 standing for either Monday or Tuesday at minute

Seats up for both Monday and Tuesday just now

What price section was offered

Block M, 117 euro or Block F, 209 euro .

for 2

for 2

Each

yeah but was it offering a pair, raging

• Advertisement

yeah but was it offering a pair, raging

Pairs and fours I think ,thats what said on fan forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Wooderson wrote: »
    bclar12 wrote: »
    Larry appears to be enjoying it more.

Wasn't getting that vibe on footage I seen from the American leg

Youre paying more attention than I mate! Either way any deviation away from the inflexible USA leg of this tour is to be welcomed. When was the last time Wild Horses was played in Dublin frinstance?

Friday night on the Vertigo tour (2005) in Croke Park I'd say.

I was there, sublime it was!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Friday night on the Vertigo tour (2005) in Croke Park I'd say.

I was there, sublime it was!!!

Bridge/middle 8 to this song amongst the strongest in their canon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Gutted won the windmill Lane studio tickets, only allowing 1 person in. Raging

but1er wrote: »
    Gutted won the windmill Lane studio tickets, only allowing 1 person in. Raging

That's silly.
    I didn't get it but maybe that was because I asked for 2.

That's silly.
    I didn't get it but maybe that was because I asked for 2.

I asked for two and for Tuesday, looks like I got. Friday and 1? Makes no sense

but1er wrote: »
    I asked for two and for Tuesday, looks like I got. Friday and 1? Makes no sense

The tour is only on Friday as I understand it.

But yeah, same boat here, got one ticket but was really only interested in going with my brother. Going to turn it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

eg paris

im sure most of seen the other show that was recorded. but they didn't run with that night, they decided to release the show where they didn't have a drunken idiot invade the stage at the end... all be it pretty cool how Bono was cool with him, but im sure he was fairly swiftly ejected afterwards

What drunken idiot do you refer to? The singer from Eagles of Death Metal?

The tour is only on Friday as I understand it.

But yeah, same boat here, got one ticket but was really only interested in going with my brother. Going to turn it down.

I'll say alot of people will turn it down, I'd say go with your brother and see what happens never full amount show up..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

Has anyone successfully got through to Ticketmaster on the phone yet ?

I have to change my card details and must of tried 50 times so far, our lines are bust blah blah :mad:
    Jesus, Ticketmaster are worse than I thought. I'm trying to change my card details for Belfast because I lost my card. I was told I've to call.

I called 7 times yesterday, each time getting either an "off the hook tone" (after the minute long intro) or being told "Sorry all our agents are busy, try again later".

How the hell are you supposed to change your details then!? Mental service. I've opened a ticket but I guarantee I'll be told that I'll have to call one of the reps. Anyone had to do this before?

Advertisement