Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Experience + Innocence Tour **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales or Requests**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

v10 wrote: »
    Has anyone successfully got through to Ticketmaster on the phone yet ?

I have to change my card details and must of tried 50 times so far, our lines are bust blah blah :mad:

My brother was trying to contact them last week to change the address on his rugby tickets and he said he couldn't get through all week.
    Disgraceful service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭innuendo141

Has anyone successfully got through to Ticketmaster on the phone yet ?

I have to change my card details and must of tried 50 times so far, our lines are bust blah blah :mad:

I got through by choosing a different option and your one had it done in 2 mins. Waited like 10 mins but the number 5 option is clearly a piss take

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭citycentre

I got through by choosing a different option and your one had it done in 2 mins. Waited like 10 mins but the number 5 option is clearly a piss take

I emailed them my new card details. They replied telling me I needed to phone. I replied telling them I didn't have time to waste stuck on hold or trying to ring repeatedly and that I'd be turning up at the gig with ID and my ticket confirmation fully expecting to be admitted since they aren't able to facilitate changing my card details. Got a reply saying they had changed my details and all good to get in with the new card...

Probably a bit dodgy sending my card details by email but I had tried phoning for long enough and was all out of patience...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

What option did you choose ? I'm pretty sure I've tried them all.
    citycentre wrote: »
    I emailed them my new card details. They replied telling me I needed to phone. I replied telling them I didn't have time to waste stuck on hold or trying to ring repeatedly and that I'd be turning up at the gig with ID and my ticket confirmation fully expecting to be admitted since they aren't able to facilitate changing my card details. Got a reply saying they had changed my details and all good to get in with the new card...

Probably a bit dodgy sending my card details by email but I had tried phoning for long enough and was all out of patience...

I've emailed them a week ago .. no reply yet

Terrible operation.

What option did you choose ? I'm pretty sure I've tried them all.

I've emailed them a week ago .. no reply yet

Terrible operation.

I think it was make a new booking or something

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,991 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

weadick wrote: »
    What drunken idiot do you refer to? The singer from Eagles of Death Metal?

You didn't see the other show so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Some tickets available again for Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Some tickets available again for Monday

These shows are going to be 'king JAMMED. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Tuesday General Admission up now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

Got thru ticketmaster took 10 mins option 2 for Accessible booking is the one to use

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

but1er wrote: »
    Got thru ticketmaster took 10 mins option 2 for Accessible booking is the one to use

Thanks, will try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Saw them in Milan on Monday night. They put on a great show like they always do. Only the second time I've not been standing for a U2 gig. I prefer standing as you feel more involved, but at an arena gig (particularly the one in Milan which is pretty small) seating is still pretty good as you are never too far away from the stage.

The staging was great. They moved around a good bit, so everybody was close to them at some point. The standing area seemed empty in parts, probably down to health and safety.

Anyone know why some nights they play a 4 song encore and other nights just 3 songs? I drew the short straw on that one unfortunately.

Really looking forward to the Dublin gigs now where I'll be standing.

The staging will have to be different for Dublin which is a pity. In what ways will the show be different as a result does anybody know? Where would you recommend to be the best place to stand at the Three arena to get the most out of the gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Saw them in Milan on Monday night. They put on a great show like they always do. Only the second time I've not been standing for a U2 gig. I prefer standing as you feel more involved, but at an arena gig (particularly the one in Milan which is pretty small) seating is still pretty good as you are never too far away from the stage.

The staging was great. They moved around a good bit, so everybody was close to them at some point. The standing area seemed empty in parts, probably down to health and safety.

Anyone know why some nights they play a 4 song encore and other nights just 3 songs? I drew the short straw on that one unfortunately.

Really looking forward to the Dublin gigs now where I'll be standing.

The staging will have to be different for Dublin which is a pity. In what ways will the show be different as a result does anybody know? Where would you recommend to be the best place to stand at the Three arena to get the most out of the gig?

The show will be identical. The only difference is the catwalk will be shorter as will the barracage. Same visuals and lay out tho, just on a slightly smaller scale. The screen runs pretty close to the tiered seating area so alot od views there in block D are deemed restricted.

The show will be identical. The only difference is the catwalk will be shorter as will the barracage. Same visuals and lay out tho, just on a slightly smaller scale. The screen runs pretty close to the tiered seating area so alot od views there in block D are deemed restricted.

The screen is the same size .
    The main difference is that the B stage is moved closer to the stage due to the steep angle of the balcony in Dublin.
    The best place is near the B stage in my opinion along the walkway ,you get up really close.
    I'd prefer if they played the whole show from the B stage ,there is no need for the main stage in Dublin due to the venue layout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Can't speak for anyone else obviously but, whilst I can't wait to bounce about to The Blackout, going completely and utter ape**** during I Will Follow is going to be sweeeet!! Simple song yet, such a beast live!

I don't know of any other band in my lifetime, who can construct a setlist, not containing a single song from their most well known and most successful album and still put on a great show. Speaks volumes

If there is, name them. I genuinely don't know :D

bclar12 wrote: »
    Can't speak for anyone else obviously but, whilst I can't wait to bounce about to The Blackout, going completely and utter ape**** during I Will Follow is going to be sweeeet!! Simple song yet, such a beast live!

I don't know of any other band in my lifetime, who can construct a setlist, not containing a single song from their most well known and most successful album and still put on a great show. Speaks volumes

If there is, name them. I genuinely don't know :D

I am now officially buzzing for Manchester on Saturday. I still absolutely love SoE and cant wait to experience this tour a few times!!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

I've avoided the setlist up to now but I'm so tempted to check it. I've waited this long I should really wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭martin101

I've avoided the setlist up to now but I'm so tempted to check it. I've waited this long I should really wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭Ohmeha

Standing tickets up right now for both Friday and Saturday

martin101 wrote: »

schnapp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭fatalll

Has anyone received their tickets for sat night yet in post?
    I know if you printed them you have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭psychozeb

Friday tickets available again and Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Video tour of the stage set up, thought people might like it...

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/entertainment-arts-45889855/take-a-tour-of-u2-s-ground-breaking-stage

Adam prefers down and dirty ,the B stage ,I concur.:)

fatalll wrote: »
    Has anyone received their tickets for sat night yet in post?
    I know if you printed them you have them.

Yes. Came last week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

About 6 months ago I gave in and bought tickets for the first time on seatwave. I settled with going to Belfast as the prices were ridiculous for Dublin. I still paid over the price.

Feels like such a waste seeing not only better seats but cheaper tickets (than what I paid) available on ticketmaster, for both Dublin and Belfast!!

I also have the added stress of a different name being on the ticket. But Seatwave insist this isnt an issue.

On the bright side, I am looking forward to a mini holiday to Belfast, and the money I would have spent on accommodation in Dublin would have offset the money I lost out on anyway! In fact it would have cost me more for sure if I bought face value tickets for Dublin and got a hotel there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭poundhound

Heading to Manchester tonight and Dublin #4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

wylo wrote: »
    About 6 months ago I gave in and bought tickets for the first time on seatwave. I settled with going to Belfast as the prices were ridiculous for Dublin. I still paid over the price.

Feels like such a waste seeing not only better seats but cheaper tickets (than what I paid) available on ticketmaster, for both Dublin and Belfast!!

I also have the added stress of a different name being on the ticket. But Seatwave insist this isnt an issue.

On the bright side, I am looking forward to a mini holiday to Belfast, and the money I would have spent on accommodation in Dublin would have offset the money I lost out on anyway! In fact it would have cost me more for sure if I bought face value tickets for Dublin and got a hotel there.

Why when tickets have been released thru ticketmaster week?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭citycentre

wylo wrote: »

You won't regret seing the show in Belfast instead of Dublin! As I previously mentioned, it gets the full show, not the cut down stage version...
    Hope you have an amazing time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

citycentre wrote: »
    You won't regret seing the show in Belfast instead of Dublin! As I previously mentioned, it gets the full show, not the cut down stage version...
    Hope you have an amazing time!

Is the B stage half way down the catwalk in Dublin as opposed to at the end of it?

Advertisement