Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre installation

Options
  • 22-11-2017 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭

Things aren't working out well for me at the moment with me & eFibre connection. Signed up in mid September & still waiting to be hooked up. Soon after the contract was signed I a text message informing that the proposed installation date would be the 10/10. A little while after that I got another text asking me to contact Eir re install. I was then told that the installation date has been pushed out to 13/11. During all this I got a call asking if someone would be available for an engineer to call on 6/10 for the installation to be done. When he called he informed me that he couldn't carry out the job because some tree cutting needed to be done. Subsequently I received another call from some installers to say that they were in the area & could they come & carry out the job. The engineers (3 this time) said that though they had planned to carry out the tree cutting the gear they had wasn't up to the job & that some other people were needed to come with more substantial equipment to carry out the job. 
    That was the last I heard until I rang a couple of days ago to establish what was the situation & told the new provision date was set as the 10/01/18.
    Now here's the thing, the FTTH box is on the same pole that the current copper cable is coming to my house & some people have already been connected to it. When I then got on to customer service I was told that there was an issue with the connection after an engineers inspection. How is it this new FTTH box can only seem to cope with just a handful of lines when the old copper connection could handle the whole neighborhood?
    Now the sequence of events here might not be totally accurate but they as close as I can remember. OpenEir said they could not respond to my question and that would have to correspond with my service provider who would the liaise with them. How is it that 4 month after I was sold the service I still have nothing. Eir's website says I can get up to 1000mb but I'm still stuck on 0.5mb. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Things aren't working out well for me at the moment with me & eFibre connection. Signed up in mid September & still waiting to be hooked up. Soon after the contract was signed I a text message informing that the proposed installation date would be the 10/10. A little while after that I got another text asking me to contact Eir re install. I was then told that the installation date has been pushed out to 13/11. During all this I got a call asking if someone would be available for an engineer to call on 6/10 for the installation to be done. When he called he informed me that he couldn't carry out the job because some tree cutting needed to be done. Subsequently I received another call from some installers to say that they were in the area & could they come & carry out the job. The engineers (3 this time) said that though they had planned to carry out the tree cutting the gear they had wasn't up to the job & that some other people were needed to come with more substantial equipment to carry out the job. 
    That was the last I heard until I rang a couple of days ago to establish what was the situation & told the new provision date was set as the 10/01/18.
    Now here's the thing, the FTTH box is on the same pole that the current copper cable is coming to my house & some people have already been connected to it. When I then got on to customer service I was told that there was an issue with the connection after an engineers inspection. How is it this new FTTH box can only seem to cope with just a handful of lines when the old copper connection could handle the whole neighborhood?
    Now the sequence of events here might not be totally accurate but they as close as I can remember. OpenEir said they could not respond to my question and that would have to correspond with my service provider who would the liaise with them. How is it that 4 month after I was sold the service I still have nothing. Eir's website says I can get up to 1000mb but I'm still stuck on 0.5mb. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
    Hi Machinehead,

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having trying to get FTTH installed. The amount of people connected to this service is not a factor in why this is happening. If you have received a forecast date for this, it is down to your individual line and none of your neighbours' lines will affect this. 

Open eir are not customer facing so any queries that get sent to them have to come from ourselves. If you PM me your account number and full name I'll see if I can get more information on this for you. I won't have any way of moving your forecast date forward, however, I will try to get an insight into the work that is required to be carried out before your service can be installed.

- Adam

Advertisement