Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter cycling jacket

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Was beginning to loose faith in my Mistral on Sunday but combined it with two Cantebury long-sleeve base layers yesterday and all was well. Both rides were in the 1 to 3 degrees range. The tights are great too but a bit out of sync with this year's blue jacket. No problem for me as I have the black/red jacket.

I wear mine with just an Under Armour Cold Gear LS baselayer and it does the job perfectly.

I had thought they were releasing a red one but no sign of it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

I've been wearing a Castelli Trasperante for almost 3 years, but found it a bit chilly yesterday even with base layer, ss jersey and arm warmers. According to the Castelli website, the recommended wear temperature is 4c to 14c. So, which of the two previously mentioned would be more suitable, the Santini or Galibier??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

MojoMaker wrote: »
    Have the Mistral tights as well - cracking bit of kit!

Intentional or unfortunate turn of phrase?biggrin.png

• Registered Users Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Macy0161

First spin in my Mistral bibs today - well impressed.

Base layer, winter jersey and the Mistral lite more than enough for my body too - nearly too warm on some of the sheltered climbs.

Between the products and their customer service, definitely turning into a galibier fanboy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,568 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Have

Galibier Mistral foul II weather Jacket
    Size: medium

which I've worn only a few times and is a bit small. Would swap for large of same if anybody has one and thinks they could go down a size

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 rivermansteve

Purchased Galibier Mistral foul a and Gabba perfecto.
    Wore the galibier saturday was 4 degrees and it was perfect. Really happy with it. Nice touch by them to throw in a few free bees in the delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Had the Galibier Mistral delivered last week but haven't debuted it yet due to the frost, etc. Hope to try it out tomorrow. Galibier arm warmers and 3/4 bib shorts rumoured to be packed on the sleigh for potential delivery on the big day. Ho bleedin ho!!

Advertisement