Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Being charged for cancellation (I received the increased charges opt out letter)

Options
  • 22-11-2017 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

I am being charged for switching mobile provider, even though I had an opt out via the letter that I confirmed on the 25th of September.  I am being told 3 took over the line on the 22nd of October that is why I am being charged hundreds of euro (I can't even get a bill, haven't had one for over a year!!) Apparently Eir 'renewed' my contract because 3 hadn't taken over the line by midnight on the 21st!
    Money was just taken out of my account!  I am trying to lodge a complaint but still an hour on the phone.  
    a) can I get a bill telling me what these charges are that you have taken from me
    b) get an explanation of why my contract was renewed without my consent on the 22nd and I am being charged hundreds of Euro (well you have just taken it from my account) for this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭QueenRizla

Can someone tell me the number to raise a dispute and get a bill detailing why I have been charged hundreds of Euros?  
    I was passed to three different CS reps yesterday and continually told I was onto the 'wrong department'.
    I have been charged cancellation charges on mobile account, what is the telephone number?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

QueenRizla wrote: »
    Can someone tell me the number to raise a dispute and get a bill detailing why I have been charged hundreds of Euros?  
    I was passed to three different CS reps yesterday and continually told I was onto the 'wrong department'.
    I have been charged cancellation charges on mobile account, what is the telephone number?
    Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch and letting us know about your issue. If you PM me your account number and full name I'll check on this for you.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭QueenRizla

I have spoken to Customer Care on 1800656565 today and told them about my cancellation notification with Eir on the 25th of Sept to cancel, 30 days later is still after the 22nd of October (the point at which Eir renewed my contract without notifying me).  They have opened a Refund Case as they confirmed I did cancel within the notice period and my contract was renewed before my advised cancellation date (Finally!!).  I am still not out of the woods, waiting for a cheque now, will see if that arrives.

340 euro
    Eir took from my account, I have not even see the itemised version of this as my Eir on line is disabled!!!! I have just been told over the phone is for early cancellation of my mobile account (an account I confirmed I was cancelling due to the early opt out). I have seen people on here get more support resolving issues for less than 20 euro!!

It has been very frustrating to get this sorted (hours with various departments) and finally got somewhere with customer care number above.
    Would advise anyone going with Eir to make sure money is on Direct Debit and not on your card and try to get in writing everything regarding cancellation, this is not easy.  I was told by the Boards rep here I would have to pay over 6 euros to get the audio of my original call (which was just to prove my cancellation dates to them!!!) and was passed to many many different departments, am hoping it is resolved but will see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

QueenRizla wrote: »
    I have spoken to Customer Care on 1800656565 today and told them about my cancellation notification with Eir on the 25th of Sept to cancel, 30 days later is still after the 22nd of October (the point at which Eir renewed my contract without notifying me).  They have opened a Refund Case as they confirmed I did cancel within the notice period and my contract was renewed before my advised cancellation date (Finally!!).  I am still not out of the woods, waiting for a cheque now, will see if that arrives.

340 euro
    Eir took from my account, I have not even see the itemised version of this as my Eir on line is disabled!!!!  I have just been told over the phone is for early cancellation of my mobile account (an account I confirmed I was cancelling due to the early opt out).  I have seen people on here get more support resolving issues for less than 20 euro!!

It has been very frustrating to get this sorted (hours with various departments) and finally got somewhere with customer care number above.
    Would advise anyone going with Eir to make sure money is on Direct Debit and not on your card and try to get in writing everything regarding cancellation, this is not easy.  I was told by the Boards rep here I would have to pay over 6 euros to get the audio of my original call (which was just to prove my cancellation dates to them!!!) and was passed to many many different departments, am hoping it is resolved but will see.
    I completely understand your frustration with this and I'm sorry it's taken so long to get this resolved. 

If you have any further issues please don't hesitate in coming back to us here. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement