Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FC Basel v Manchester United Match Thread 22/11/17 k/o 7.45pm

• 22-11-2017 5:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Prediksi-Basel-vs-Manchester-United-23-November-2017.jpg

Potential Basel starting XI: Vaclik; Lang, Suchy, Akanji, Riveros; Serey Die, Zuffi; Steffen, Elyounoussi, Bua; Ajeti

Potential Manchester United starting XI
    : De Gea; Darmian, Smalling, Lindelof, Shaw; Pogba, Matic, Herrera; Mkhitaryan, Lukaku, Martial.

Comments

A good win with a quick start. Then make some subs if we get a comfortable lead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Pitch is horrible looking.

Jesse, fs

That should have been a simple pass

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

What a ball from Pogs.

Off the line

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Haha, Fellaini would never get a pen given for him.

Surely a yellow fs

Great run from Martial
    We should be winning 2 or 3 nil

Nice shot from Rojo which looked to be on target before the deflection. It was heading for the keeper and he probably would have dealt with it, but the ball had a nasty spin on it before the deflection.

Basel playing well the last 10 mins
    Expected a surge from them, they need to get something from tonight
    Hope we don't rue those missed chances

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Take the 100 million player off and park the bus against the mighty Basel

Great stuff

^LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,584 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

He's just back from an injury lay off and will be playing in 3 games in 8 days. Lame effort on your part.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

Boring game really, Utd meeding only a draw but dont seem fussed at all! Blind at LB is a disaster, Young a miss which im surprised to be saying. Shaw needs some gsme time

He's just back from an injury lay off and will be playing in 3 games in 8 days. Lame effort on your part.

He had a great first half, we just missed our chances
    He needs to be minded, all we need is the draw tonight but still think we will nick it

Give him a yellow for a dive then fs
    Gutless ref

How's that not a yellow?

Scrap the cap!

Excellent form Rojo

****e

FFS

Scrap the cap!

• Advertisement

Can't say they haven't deserved something this half
    Annoying to concede so late

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Oh dear, oh dear .... the billion dollar team humbled by the mighty Basel.

I'd imagine that's a funny one for the neutrals :P

Anyway a sicken-er but after that second half we kind of got what we deserved
    Silly missed chances

Annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

need a kick up the arse werent bothered at all second half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

So if utd lose their last game and Basel win are they out or will it go to goal difference. Looking at the table they are already through bar a miracle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    Oh dear, oh dear .... the billion dollar team humbled by the mighty Basel.

They like playing Premier League sides

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

The bane of non-Arsenal English sides strikes again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

niallo27 wrote: »
    So if utd lose their last game and Basel win are they out or will it go to goal difference. Looking at the table they are already through bar a miracle.

Guaranteed through even if they lose as far as I know. Just depends if 1st or 2nd

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Not that CSKA are going to win at old Trafford but what happens if all 3 teams finish on 12 pts. With everyone beating benfica and winning and losing against each other.

• Advertisement

Give me a bit of excitement anyday than that ****e.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Lol
    On the plus side Basel might make the next round now

Give me a bit of excitement anyday than that ****e.

Why did you watch it :confused:
    Barcelona Juve was on and you choose to watch United Basel, i feel sorry that you thought that was the choice to take :pac:
    Unless RTE/TV3 is your only option

irishman86 wrote: »
    Why did you watch it :confused:
    Barcelona Juve was on and you choose to watch United Basel, i feel sorry that you thought that was the choice to take :pac:
    Unless RTE/TV3 is your only option

Attack the post not the poster.

Attack the post not the poster.

Haha are you for real
    Where did i attack you, do you always see personal attacks in everything :confused:

irishman86 wrote: »
    Haha are you for real
    Where did i attack you, do you always see personal attacks in everything :confused:

I'm only joking you man. Utd are a bit rubbish to watch in fairness though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I'm only joking you man. Utd are a bit rubbish to watch in fairness though.

Right, but you didn't have to watch them? In fact you basically never have to watch them. Twice a season generally speaking? Why would you bother when it upsets you like, makes no sense.

You could have watched Juve and Barca on free to air, I watched that with the United game in the background. Barca were ok, Juve a little agricultural but that is what you get with the bigger teams now and then in the group stages particularly.

Navigating the group is the only thing that matters really, get down to the real stuff after Christmas.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

Right, but you didn't have to watch them? In fact you basically never have to watch them. Twice a season generally speaking? Why would you bother when it upsets you like, makes no sense.

You could have watched Juve and Barca on free to air, I watched that with the United game in the background. Barca were ok, Juve a little agricultural but that is what you get with the bigger teams now and then in the group stages particularly.

Navigating the group is the only thing that matters really, get down to the real stuff after Christmas.

It's you guys I feel sorry for, the real utd fans who actually have to watch it and then feel forced to put a spin on it that everything is wonderful. I don't want you guys to have to go through that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Thanks I appreciate your kind words. I'm not sure there is many who will tell you everything is wonderful, a lot better then 90% of the other clubs in England? Sure, but not wonderful, not yet.

I have to say you are a bigger man then me, I am very happy about the suffering my Liverpool supporting fans go through with the Kloppball never win anything tactics. Long may it continue, last night was gold.

Niallo, your alright.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

It's you guys I feel sorry for, the real utd fans who actually have to watch it and then feel forced to put a spin on it that everything is wonderful.

There's only one PL club at the moment whose fans can say that about their season so far.

Scrap the cap!

It's you guys I feel sorry for, the real utd fans who actually have to watch it and then feel forced to put a spin on it that everything is wonderful. I don't want you guys to have to go through that.

I didnt watch it, I watched Barca/Juve game. I loled at the result, thats the beginning and end of my connection to the game
    I honestly havent put a positive spin on anything well besides from Basels pov which means they can make the next round :confused:
    You seem obsessed with United buddy, maybe avoid watching the games if you dislike the football so much

• Advertisement

There's only one PL club at the moment whose fans can say that about their season so far.

Hudderfield :cool: or perhaps Watford
    **** im at all ends trying to figure this out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

What formation did Utd play when Zlaton and Yakubu were up front?

Was Lukaku shifted wide, did they play as a 2, or was Zlatan playing as a 10?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

What formation did Utd play when Zlaton and Yakubu were up front?

Bring back the Yak.

Advertisement