If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BenQ W1050 vs BenQ W200 vs Optoma GT1080 DARBEE (319065)

Options
  • 22-11-2017 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

Finally getting around to buying a projector and a bit confused about how some of them differ as the features seem similar.

It's going to be for Movies, some TV(GoT,  Band Of brothers -  the epic stuff) and gaming via gaming pc.
    Aiming for a 120 inch screen and might have to mount the projector offset from the center.

The BenQ w1050 is looking very budget friendly but I've read great things about the other 2

Is there a big difference in picture quality between the 3?

Is there a big difference in gaming performance? Not looking for anything crazy just that the input lag isn't noticeable 

Are there going to be any discounts on them in the black friday sales?

Cheers

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Remouad wrote: »
    Finally getting around to buying a projector and a bit confused about how some of them differ as the features seem similar.

It's going to be for Movies, some TV(GoT,  Band Of brothers -  the epic stuff) and gaming via gaming pc.
    Aiming for a 120 inch screen and might have to mount the projector offset from the center.

The BenQ w1050 is looking very budget friendly but I've read great things about the other 2

Is there a big difference in gaming performance? Not looking for anything crazy just that the input lag isn't noticeable 

Cheers
    The better of the projectors would be the Optoma GT1080DARBEE coming in at £799.00

There is a good difference between the W2000 and the GT1080 over the W1050.
    The difference between the W2000 and the GT1080 would be less but I still prefer the W2000 over the Optoma.

Input lags are difficult to find unfortunately.

I think they are as follows.
    W2000 - 39ms average.
    GT1080 - On game mode - 16.7ms
    W1050 - I can't seem to find.

We do not get told our Black Friday deals until Thursday evening. 
    Pricing goes live on our websites tomorrow evening.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Cheers
    The better of the projectors would be the Optoma GT1080DARBEE coming in at £799.00

The difference between the W2000 and the GT1080 would be less but I still prefer the W2000 over the Optoma.

W2000 - 39ms average.

I'm really looking for reasons to justify the £300 price difference. 

You've said that the GT1080 would be the better projector but you'd still go for the w2000.
    Is there a reason for that?

Cheers

W2000 - 39ms average.

I'm really looking for reasons to justify the £300 price difference. 

You've said that the GT1080 would be the better projector but you'd still go for the w2000.
    Is there a reason for that?
    Hi Remouad.

On paper the GT1080 is the better but having viewed these several times in our demo room I prefer the W2000.
    I haven't played any games on them however.

For me the image on the W2000 was smoother and again for me it was a slightly better image.

Thanks Kenny. Nice to get opinion from someone who's actually seen them in action.

Any deals going on them?
    Prices haven't changed online.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Remouad,

apologies for the delay getting back to you - No extra deals on the w2000 over our normal price ( which is excellent :) ) because stock is really tight - however I do have one as new open box unit that I would happily discount by an additional £100 to just £699 including delivery - the unit was out with a Customer for 4 days but the throw ratio did not work out for their screen size / position..

The GT1080 is completely sold thru now so unfortunately I cant do anything on that one for you..

W1050 I could just scrape you a Boardie deal to £479 :) - AND WE STILL HAVE SOME OF THE W1050 LEFT, YIPPIE :)

Thanks again and keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

If you could do £650 on the w2000 we have a deal. :D

I'm also looking to pick up a a/v receiver and speaker combo to go with it so we could do a deal on that too.:)

If you could do £650 on the w2000 we have a deal. :D

I'm also looking to pick up a a/v receiver and speaker combo to go with it so we could do a deal on that too.:)
    Hi Remouad,

£699 would be the best we could do on the W2000 I'm afraid.

We can certainly look at a combo for you. Are you looking for any AV receiver or speakers in particular? Small satellites or larger, full range speakers?

Kind regards

David

Hi Guys,
    Sorry for not getting back to ye sooner.
    Don't have a particular receiver or speakers in mind so open to suggestions.
    I have the cables run for 5.1 and would prefer small wall mountable speakers like the demon sys2020 you recommended to another boardie.
    Cheers.

Hi Guys,
    Sorry for not getting back to ye sooner.
    Don't have a particular receiver or speakers in mind so open to suggestions.
    I have the cables run for 5.1 and would prefer small wall mountable speakers like the demon sys2020 you recommended to another boardie.
    Cheers.
    Hey Remouad.

You could look at the following packages:
    Denon AVRX540Bt priced at £229.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202670-avrx540bt.aspx

Pair with the Denon Sys2020 priced at £149.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202313-deno-sys2020-blk.aspx

You could also pair the 540BT with the Canton Movw 75 price dat £249.00
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201147-canton-movie-75-blk.aspx

There is a deal on the Yamaha RXV483 paired with the Canton Movie 75 going for £499
    https://www.richersounds.com/tv-home-cinema/home-cinema-packages/yamaha-rxv483-black-and-canton-movie-75-black.html

Or the Bigger AVRX2400 with the Denon Sys2020 for just £529.00
    https://www.richersounds.com/tv-home-cinema/home-cinema-packages/denon-avrx2400-black-and-denon-sys2020-black.html

Let me know your thoughts and any questions drop me a post.

I think I'll go for the Canton Movie 75 speakers. 

While I like the downward facing sub in the 2020 set but the dedicated centre speaker sold the canton for me. 

Also since I'm wall mounting I'd prefer to put the extra money into the speakers :)

The AVRX2400 looks awesome but I think it might push my budget too far.

Currently leaning towards the AVRX540Bt over the Yamaha.
    Is there any particular feature that the Yamaha has over the Denon?

Probably biased because of the Denon unit I bought from you previously.

• Advertisement

While I like the downward facing sub in the 2020 set but the dedicated centre speaker sold the canton for me. 

Also since I'm wall mounting I'd prefer to put the extra money into the speakers :)

Hi Remouad,

The Yamaha is a very good amp and has more heavy duty binding posts than the Denon as well as more streaming features. The amp has Musicast built in which will allow you to link with other Musicast items and speakers.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

Hi Remouad,

The Yamaha is a very good amp and has more heavy duty binding posts than the Denon as well as more streaming features. The amp has Musicast built in which will allow you to link with other Musicast items and speakers.

Kind regards

David
    Cheers Guys.
    PM sent to Kenny

Hi Remouad,

Kind regards

David
    Cheers Guys.
    PM sent to Kenny

Hi Remouad,

Kind regards

David
    Cheers Guys.
    PM sent to Kenny
    Cheers Remouad.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.