Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council house and partner

Options
  • 22-11-2017 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Just looking for some advice. I live in a council house and would like to move my partner in. Only thing is, he currently lives at home with his parents, lost his job in April and can’t claim social welfare because of his parents earnings. If he moves in with me he’ll be claiming from my address. What way do we go about this? Do we sign him on first or tell the council first?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

You tell the council first and then sign him on, he'll need proof of address so a letter from the council will probably be the first thing he'll have saying he is now residing with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bugglesgoop

January wrote: »
    You tell the council first and then sign him on, he'll need proof of address so a letter from the council will probably be the first thing he'll have saying he is now residing with you.

Will the rent go up in the meantime?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Will the rent go up in the meantime?

No the rent will go up from the first week he has any kind of income.

Advertisement