Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holmes of Ballina

• 22-11-2017 6:31pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭

I'm just checking if there are any people around this region who are familiar with their ancestry. My great grandmother was from there but moved to south county Derry after working in America in the late 20s, early 30s.

Her daughters (my great aunts) then moved down to Crossmolina in the 1940s/50s I assume but are dead now.

I know nothing about this family so I would like to find some information, I am aware what small parishes are like so maybe someone even remembers the great aunts.

Another thing I remember is that one of these aunts married a man called Cafferky

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Michael Holmes of Tiernaur ( Between Newport and Mulranny ) may be able to help

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭LoughNeagh2017

nuac wrote: »
    Michael Holmes of Tiernaur ( Between Newport and Mulranny ) may be able to help

google tells me he's a politician? I wouldn't be that fond of speaking with those

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

So what? Do you want help or not?
    Mail him and see if he is willing to help you.

I've seen enough of southern politicians on the tv, especially a famous Mayo one, I dont want to be emailing one. I'll just get my DNA tested on ancestry.com and see if I can find a link on there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭Blackjack

I've seen enough of southern politicians on the tv, especially a famous Mayo one, I dont want to be emailing one. I'll just get my DNA tested on ancestry.com and see if I can find a link on there.

What if it turns out you are related to him?

• Advertisement

I probably am given his location but lets forget about that, ignorance is bliss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Ml Holmes is a quiet, decent hardworking man. If he can help you, he will do so.

nuac wrote: »
    Ml Holmes is a quiet, decent hardworking man. If he can help you, he will do so.

They say the same about Micheál Martin

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

*Mod Note: thread closed. Help offered but OP doesn't seem too interested. CLOSED *

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement