Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speedbump location

Options
  • 22-11-2017 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭

Hi, I've been searching online but can't find anything to answer my question.
    I live in a private estate that have put in speed ramps through out. They haven't put any on my specific road due to the fact that there is no location on the street that has curb on both sides.
    They have now come back after a number of weeks and said they will be putting in a ramp after all. But have told noone the location.
    Does anyone know if they can put ramps in front of someones driveway? Anyone know or have a link to location guidelines for ramps within housing estates?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Write to the management company and express your concerns.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Victor wrote: »
    Write to the management company and express your concerns.

I have. They are being very vague and I'd say they are not going to tell us until the workmen are on the road

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

Park your car outside your driveway if possible.... They'll have to engage with you or put it somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Askthe EA wrote: »
    Park your car outside your driveway if possible.... They'll have to engage with you or put it somewhere else.

Yep. Double yellow lines went in the lane behind my house recently. There's one spot on the lane where a car can park and traffic can still pass, does nobody any harm, so someone left their car there while they were out painting. Result is no double-yellow in that spot and people continue to use it as a parking space.

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭April 73

I have. They are being very vague and I'd say they are not going to tell us until the workmen are on the road

Did the management company seek approval for this at an AGM? Who did they use to consult on where / how to install the traffic management? As a member of the company you should be able to get this info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Its still the builders doing final work on the estate. People asked was it possible at the agm and they said not likely due to the road layout. Then they came back to the residents association saying they would put one in butt wouldn't say where.
    There were men outside today and a neighbour asked and they are putting a ramp.in tomorrow. It's going from the grass verge outside my house and right into the middle of a driveway across the road. Neighbours objected but the management.company don't care. Outs going on without consulting. Incredibly sneaky and underhanded

Advertisement