Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow - Ice Warnings for Ireland 23 to 26 Nov 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,196 ✭✭✭pad199207

Looks like a Stellar GFS run this evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Valentia got below freezing and just up the coast I had +3.1c! Typical!

Knock still reporting snow and 1c at 4pm, must look festive around there now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

No showers making it to my neck of the woods. It would be expected to be so with the wind direction. Always a pity as anything that would come would be snow.

Time for the men and women of the North and West to enjoy the action:)

Ballyhaise 0C at 4pm. In fairness a very decent cold snap for the end of November. I know 2010 was exceptional but bar that year this compares well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Snow monster moving in to the west @15:00 on the radar loop?

434378.png

On a serious note, showers not holding together too long after moving over land.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭highdef

pad199207 wrote: »
    Looks like a Stellar GFS run this evening!

I'm not seeing anything too stellar. Better than the last run though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭kod87

highdef wrote: »
    I'm not seeing anything too stellar. Better than the last run though.

Yeah, just leaves us sitting under a chilly high pressure for the end of next week, would bring some dry weather with significant frosts. To be honest I would prefer that to the wintry/sleety mix we are getting at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Temp peaked at 3.9c here today. Was rising steadily but a dirty hail shower at about 3pm dragged it right back down again.

Could see snow on the far off Mayo mountains on the way to work this morning.

New Moon

nagdefy wrote: »

Time for the men and women of the North and West to enjoy the action:)

Whatever about the north, not much to get excited about here in the west today.. well, at least in my part of the it. I think Mayo/Sligo may have done relatively better.

New Moon

Very cold here in West Clare, 2.9c, already lower than last night's min.

There was a hail shower earlier that left a slight layer on everything, melted within 20minutes though.

I note that Shannon and Knock airports both have possible snow showers in the 5pm TAF until 1am.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Current temps at dusk from Met Eireann

Knock Airport 0.5°C
    Claremorris 0.5°C
    Ballyhaise 1.1°C
    Athenry 1.3°C
    Dublin Airport 2.1°C
    Mullingar 2.6°C
    Cork Airport 2.8°C
    Malin Head 4.4°

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭George Sunsnow

And here’s a link to the many traffic infrastructure Ireland weather stations nationwide

Currently Knock is the only one reporting a sub zero air temp

https://www.tiitraffic.ie/weather/

Snowing at Knock again and 0c at 6pm.

1.9c here in West Clare with a DP of 1c, shower on the way but looks like we're only getting the tailend of it.

I note Kerry airport also has snow listed in its TAF (Terminal Area Forecast)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Samaris

Been snowing on and off in S Connemara all afternoon. About an hour and a half of it from 4pm, then another lot just now. Ground's sopping wet though, so nothing sticking at 1C.

If it gets any colder though, the roads are going to be skating rinks in the morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭nagdefy

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Whatever about the north, not much to get excited about here in the west today.. well, at least in my part of the it. I think Mayo/Sligo may have done relatively better.

Yeah kinda meant Mayo/Sligo inc Mountainy Man:)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,420 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Snowing now east of Kerry Airport - temp gauge is out of action

Had a brief sleet shower there, however it's raised the temperature from 1.8c to 2.8c

Snow shower just passed and a bit of 'settling' on cars and grass. Not sufficient enough, however, for me to be arsed to take the camera out and take a pic.

New Moon

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

My max here near Tralee 6.9C / low 0.1C and currently 3.3C with frequent rain / hail showers ( 6.8mm )

https://twitter.com/MetEireann/status/934133780331270145

My station graph from today so far, big hail shower about 8.15 / 8.30

4Y7y9Yu.png?1

Looking at the Met Eireann short range forecast the temperature is to increase here as the night goes on, that's the brief chance of something slightly wintry ended here anyway, temperature up to 3c.

More to come over the next few weeks hopefully.

West Clare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Just west of Knock now

Just west of Knock now

-1c reported at Knock at 7:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

Snowing 10 km north of bandon Cork

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,977 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Still getting passing hail and rain showers here near Tralee, 3.4C, a couple of big showers on the way .

daQ1uDy.png?1

5wkU4gK.png?1

temp_uk_xvc3.png

Very bizarrely it's Infact snowing now in West Clare, very wet but settling on car windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Roads saturated here in Cork.
    Serious situation in the morning if it freezes over

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

KfbO5mA.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Thunder and lightning in Donegal going by netweather radar.

Distinctly chilly here on the coast in Mayo,feels like it's getting close to freezing or just above,ground is sopping wet from heavy hail/sleet showers.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Very bizarrely it's Infact snowing now in West Clare, very wet but settling on car windows.

Nearly stopped now, but very strange.

Had given up all hope as the temperature was above 3c, but suddenly sleet came and dropped the temperature to less than 2c and it started snowing.

No point posting poor quality pictures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Light snow shower in Knock at 8 pm
    METAR EIKN 242000Z 25010KT 0800 -SHSN FG BKN002 BKN017CB M00/M00 Q1014 TEMPO 3000=

Heavy rain at Sligo Airport
    SPECI EISG 242007Z AUTO 23009KT 8000 +RA FEW012 BKN024 OVC034 02/01 Q1013=

Moderate rain at Kerry Airport
    SPECI EIKY 242006Z AUTO 21003KT 170V250 9999 RA FEW016/// BKN022/// BKN062/// 02/01 Q1017=

Advertisement