Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow - Ice Warnings for Ireland 23 to 26 Nov 2017

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭highdef

A slight covering this morning near Enfield, rapidly melting where the sun is shining

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭Reati

Periscal wrote: »
    A band moving across about to hit west Wicklow soon,heading out to 300m asl for a walk now,perhaps first flakes of the season?

And the result in Wicklow... Any snow?

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Buffalobill29

We got a small dusting of snow on low ground here in the midlands today, very pleasantly surprised to be honest. I thought it was only forecast for the west and north on high ground?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Was out at home about 8:30, snow was localised as I drove away a couple of miles there was none.
    But here's what it was like as I left home.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Updated Thread Title.

Met Eireann

National Weather Warnings

STATUS YELLOW

Snow-ice Warning for Ireland
    Update: Scattered wintry showers across the country today (isolated in the Southeast). Wintry showers becoming mainly confined to Western and Northern parts tonight. Icy stretches expected.

Issued:Saturday 25 November 2017 09:56
    Valid:Saturday 25 November 2017 10:00 to Sunday 26 November 2017 10:00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Colder still and a Greater risk of snow on Thursday according to met eireann forecast

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Periscal

Reati wrote: »
    And the result in Wicklow... Any snow?

Only a brief 15 minute flurry but what fell did stick only a sugar coating though,other showers didn't make it across unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Metmaster

Had a snow shower here in kerry last night proper fluffy snow, even stuck on the ground for a while aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭OldRio

A good half an inch of snow on the ground this morning in Leitrim. Thawing at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Had a slight sprinkling overnight but there are more flakes in a 99.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

Got sent these photos from my dad who's driving through the black valley at the moment! Snow capped! Snow makes everything look beautiful :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Pictures from Maulin and Tonduff in Wicklow this morning.

434494.jpg

434493.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DanielL18

Taken a few hours ago in west cork

• Registered Users Posts: 10,649 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

DanielL18 wrote: »
    Taken a few hours ago in west cork

Stunning photos, what’s your drone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

We had planned on going west this weekend. Very glad we cancelled the trip

• Registered Users Posts: 23 DanielL18

Thanks. Phantom 4 standard. Saved me the trouble of climbing the hill. ��

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Djouce Summit yesterday afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭pauldry

Sligo hills today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

No ice snow or frost in these parts today and any frost cleared very quickly yesterday morning.

What was the lowest temperature recorded over the last few days?

• Advertisement

What was the lowest temperature recorded over the last few days?

Mullingar and Moorepark had -3.5 on Friday, haven't checked Thursdays ME data, but Saturday was a bit milder.

Edit just checked Thursday and it mostly was milder than Friday, so I'm guessing the above was the "peak"

MJohnston wrote: »
    Mullingar and Moorepark had -3.5 on Friday, haven't checked Thursdays ME data, but Saturday was a bit milder.

Edit just checked Thursday and it mostly was milder than Friday, so I'm guessing the above was the "peak"

Thanks for that. It didn’t amount to much in these parts so was interested to see where it did.

Thanks for that. It didn’t amount to much in these parts so was interested to see where it did.

Well, the Met Eireann trigger for a Yellow alert for Snow/Ice (which is why we end up with these 'event' threads on Boards most of the time) is fairly vague and probably one of those things that'll be in place for a lot of winters:
    Slippery paths and roads due to accumulation of ice on untreated surfaces

• Registered Users Posts: 18,169 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Was well warranted to be honest when you see the amount of car crashes it caused.

People in this country can't drive in any weather that's not ideal!

Advertisement