Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2560 x 1080 on a 34 inch monitor

Options
  • 22-11-2017 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭

Looking at picking up a ultrawide in the black Friday sales.

I was originally looking at 29 inch but there are some good deals on some the 34 inch ones.

Is 2560x1080 ok on a 34 inch monitor? Or are the pixels very noticeable? Would be primarily for gaming with the odd word doc every now and again.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I had a 29 LG ultrawide 2560x1080 a while back and it was fine mostly but 34" might be pushing it id imagine.
    While i enjoyed ultrawide on some title others it was just a pain, for example a lot of blizzards games didnt allow that res.

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

Cheers
    I decided to go with a 29 inch. Going from 19 inch 1440x900 I think it's going to be a big enough jump for me. :D

I know ultrawide support is a bit hit and miss but seems to be well supported in strategy games which big plus for me.

Don't mind messing with config files or registry for games that don't support it natively.

Advertisement