Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike hire in Mallorca

Options
  • 22-11-2017 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭

Heading over in April for the Mallorca 312 sportive but want to get bike hire sorted out now before demand starts rising

Anyone got any direct experience of hiring a decent road bike there ? Looking for one for 5-6 days in total, happy with mech shifters but not averse to Di2, would prefer disc brakes so that weather on the day won't matter as much, and looking for option on gearing i.e. not just compact-only choice.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Exiled1

Depends on where you are based. Lots of shops with high quality bike hire and good service available.
    However you should organise your bike very quickly as some renters have sold out already for that week.
    Given your requirements should you consider bringing over your own (if you have a box)?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭bilbot79

I stayed in Port de Soller (fabulous) in September and hired a trek emonda carbon ultegra etc, not di2, for 33 euros. 80 for a week I think. No trouble at all to do it, loads of bikes. If you stay in alcudia it's not spectacular but it's coming down with bike stuff.

Not sure about demand at your time but I have the sense that Mallorca is ready for cycling in every way

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Probikehire.com and Pinarelloexperience.com in Port D’Pollenca. I’ve used both. Pinarelloexperience is expensive, but bikes are excellent. Probokehire.com is cheaper and the bikes are very good. They hire Colnago and Massi brand bikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭TheDocMan

Was over there in Sept and 60-70% of bikes were hired for that particular week at that stage and that was from a bike hire company that's 50km away from Alcudia.
    I'd v. highly recommend them if you want to check availability: BikeExperienceMallorca.com
    They do Cervelo and Giant carbon bikes. Eg.Cervelo S3 with di2, Mavic wheels 180e for week.
    They'll deliver to hotel etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,113 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

TheDocMan wrote: »
    Was over there in Sept and 60-70% of bikes were hired for that particular week at that stage and that was from a bike hire company that's 50km away from Alcudia.
    I'd v. highly recommend them if you want to check availability: BikeExperienceMallorca.com
    They do Cervelo and Giant carbon bikes. Eg.Cervelo S3 with di2, Mavic wheels 180e for week.
    They'll deliver to hotel etc

i hadn't heard of them before - am heading over in May for a few days and can see they've no stock in my size (58cm) for those dates...I'd agree with posts above regarding demand for the 312, loads of places already have limited stock for my dates so can imagine the 312 dates are already largely booked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

You could get your own bike brought over:

http://www.shipmytribike.ie/index.php/main/event/mallorca-312

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭jrar

marvin80 wrote: »
    You could get your own bike brought over:

http://www.shipmytribike.ie/index.php/main/event/mallorca-312

Wow, good service but it ain't cheap ! If I was some crack cyclist with a seriously high-end bike, it might be worth it, but as a regular club cyclist with no target other than to finish, I'll take my chances with a hired bike. Eventually went for a Giant TCR with Ultegra and discs for €128 for 5 days so happy enough with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Londonirish72

I used Probike Hire in Port Pollenca last year. It is a big operation but hopelessly understaffed. 8 of us arrived to collect our reserved bikes on a Thursday morning at opening time. It was three hours before we all were ready to cycle. Nice guys but they were overwhelmed by the amount of people who arrived on the day. None of the bikes were set up correctly either even though you had to submit your measurements online.

Worse still. My gear cable was frayed and snapped on the morning of day two. Back to the shop for a 2 hour wait before I got a replacement bikes do missed the group cycle that day. Never again.

Advertisement