Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Campervan TV

Options
  • 22-11-2017 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

Ok so the question of suitable TV for camper/ caravan comes up repeatedly. But as technology moves on and new models come out, I thought it was time to throw it out there again. So I'm looking for a TV that meets the following criteria:

(1) 19" to 22"
    (2) USB video playback of MPEG1/2/4 , with MKV and MP4 container format support
    (3) 12 Volt operation an advantage but not a deal breaker,
    (4) Reasonably priced - i.e. under €150

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Ok so the question of suitable TV for camper/ caravan comes up repeatedly. But as technology moves on and new models come out, I thought it was time to throw it out there again. So I'm looking for a TV that meets the following criteria:

(1) 19" to 22"
    (2) USB video playback of MPEG1/2/4 , with MKV and MP4 container format support
    (3) 12 Volt operation an advantage but not a deal breaker,
    (4) Reasonably priced - i.e. under €150

Any suggestions?

If you don't need the tuner I'd consider an IPS monitor with hdmi and use a kodi box, if you do need a tuner something like a wetek box might suit they usually have at least 30% off on black friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭jace_da_face

If you don't need the tuner I'd consider an IPS monitor with hdmi and use a kodi box, if you do need a tuner something like a wetek box might suit they usually have at least 30% off on black friday.

Ok so I actually went online and bought a Samsung T24E390. A tuner is a requirement so this will suffice. It runs on 14 Volts vis its AC adapter, so I should be able to bypass adapter and run on battery.

And the best thing is the price. This is coming from the UK as a factory refurb for just shy of €100. These normally retail at €220. 24 inch was bigger than I was looking for but at that price why not?

Advertisement