Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with my dogs

Options
  • 22-11-2017 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

So I have two dogs, both 2 years old and both male. One is a collie/ spaniel cross and the other is a beagle/spaniel cross. Normally they got on but recently the collie refuses to sleep in the same kennel as the beagle. When the collie gets into the kennel, they both growl at each other until the collie leaves. Even in torrential rain, this happens. Has anyone got any tips on how to get them to sleep in the same kennel again? We don't want to buy a new kennel and they end up sleeping in the same house again. Thanks :)

Comments

So I have two dogs, both 2 years old and both male. One is a collie/ spaniel cross and the other is a beagle/spaniel cross. Normally they got on but recently the collie refuses to sleep in the same kennel as the beagle. When the collie gets into the kennel, they both growl at each other until the collie leaves. Even in torrential rain, this happens. Has anyone got any tips on how to get them to sleep in the same kennel again? We don't want to buy a new kennel and they end up sleeping in the same house again. Thanks :)

Have they been neutered? If not, one may be claiming his territory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Bells21

I would say buying another shelter for the dogs is the safest option. If not, you're going to force them into a situation that could escalate, especially in such an enclosed area. As well as that, animals are required to have shelter from the elements.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,062 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

My terriers were squabbling a bit in the crate at night so I put a sheet of PVC-coated weldmesh down the middle and half-way across the door.

They squabble less now, mostly only when one barks to be let out for the toilet and the other barks because it got woken up.

Advertisement