Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cannot send text error 38 and no 4g

Options
  • 22-11-2017 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi

I cannot send texts. When I send a text it gives an error - cannot send message with eir - error 38. This happens even if I text balance to 50104.

I also cannot get 4G no matter where I am. Had phone previously on Vodafone and 4G worked fine.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Andyvilla wrote: »
    Hi

I cannot send texts. When I send a text it gives an error - cannot send message with eir - error 38. This happens even if I text balance to 50104.

I also cannot get 4G no matter where I am. Had phone previously on Vodafone and 4G worked fine.

Thanks
    Hi there,

Sorry to hear this. Can you do a location update on your phone by putting it in flight mode for 10 minutes then restarting it, please? After you do this can you try to send another text? This also may improve your connection. Let me know if you're still having issues after doing this.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Andyvilla

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi there,

Sorry to hear this. Can you do a location update on your phone by putting it in flight mode for 10 minutes then restarting it, please? After you do this can you try to send another text? This also may improve your connection. Let me know if you're still having issues after doing this.

- Adam

Hi Adam

I tried that. Still get the error after this. Also still can't access 4g.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Andyvilla wrote: »
    eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi there,

- Adam

Hi Adam

I tried that. Still get the error after this. Also still can't access 4g.

Thanks
    Do you have a different device you could try your SIM in?

- Adam

Advertisement