Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Incorporating weights with cardio...

• 22-11-2017 10:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hey, Im looking to incorporate some weight training into my routine, my current routine just consists of doing a daily 40 minute walk on my treadmill.

I was thinking of maybe adding weights twice a week, maybe three. I just don't know how best to add it in, I was considering doing a weight session first, then doing my walk an hour after that's finished...would this be too much or is there a better way of doing it?

I don't want to sacrifice the walking because I like it and it helps me relax.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Richmond Ultra

Consider putting a pedometer on your phone, research says 10,000 steps is a good bench mark. This will tell you how your cardio is going during the day. Use it one day on the treadmill and this will tell you what your covering and compare it to the 10,000 steps.

Pick certain sessions/times during the week for weights. A good weights session can be 30 minutes, it doesn't have to last ages taking from your walking time.

This should help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Tenigate

Few minutes of walking to warm up, then your weights, finish your session walking.
    Shouldn't be too strenuous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,671 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Consider putting a pedometer on your phone, research says 10,000 steps is a good bench mark. This will tell you how your cardio is going during the day.
    steps per day is incidental activity, not really cardio.
    I was thinking of maybe adding weights twice a week, maybe three. I just don't know how best to add it in, I was considering doing a weight session first, then doing my walk an hour after that's finished...would this be too much or is there a better way of doing it?

Do 30 weights first, then 30-45 mins of cardio. Keep it simple.

Advertisement