Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ladyella

They're trying to fix the problem that causes the road in front of The Oaks to flood right across in heavy rain. Apparently the main problem is the pipes under the green, rather than just a build up of water on the road. That's why one side of the green has been dug up.

I was speaking to a resident and was just coming on to post this.
    Although why they picked the week before school starts back to begin it is beyond me, unless they'll be finished by then

• Registered Users Posts: 3,837 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Serious traffic build-up Friday and today c.6.00pm presumably because of this. Crawling up Station Road after coming off train, down College Park Road and then a long tailback to the bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Serious traffic build-up Friday and today c.6.00pm presumably because of this. Crawling up Station Road after coming off train, down College Park Road and then a long tailback to the bridge.

the whole town has been a nightmare lately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Insomnia has been granted planning permission for its cafe on the second floor in the whitewater.

The Dunnes extension is due to be finished by end of October.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Cazale wrote: »
    Insomnia has been granted planning permission for its cafe on the second floor in the whitewater.

The Dunnes extension is due to be finished by end of October.

That’s mad
    There’s already a Starbucks and a Costa on that level

• Advertisement

is it just me or has the traffic in the town gone crazy lately. went out at 8 last night and could not believe the tail backs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    is it just me or has the traffic in the town gone crazy lately. went out at 8 last night and could not believe the tail backs

There was a talk on in the town centre last night, about council home loans I think, it seemed to have a great turnout, town was indeed jammed at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

GavMan wrote: »
    Anyone have any information on the small development of houses just past Walshestown Cross? Towards Athgarvan? I had a gawk at what looks like a show house being built at the front and it looks great. They have also done some work at the entrance, building walls and tall pillars. Have seen the plans but haven't come across any marketing stuff for them.

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything.

Sign has recently gone up outside the development. Walshestown Meadows is what they are calling the estate

Can anyone tell me where the holy family convent is in relation to the Church in Newbridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Thatnastyboy

Next to it, it's between the secondary school and the parish church.

• Advertisement

Next to it, it's between the secondary school and the parish church.

Super, thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

Can anyone tell me where the holy family convent is in relation to the Church in Newbridge?

thinking of making a late night visit? :eek:

TheShow wrote: »
    thinking of making a late night visit? :eek:

Just dropped my kid off at the step, yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

ladyella wrote: »
    I was speaking to a resident and was just coming on to post this.
    Although why they picked the week before school starts back to begin it is beyond me, unless they'll be finished by then

Just been over that way, works still ongoing. Must be a shambles during the week?

Just been over that way, works still ongoing. Must be a shambles during the week?

It's a complete pain as we have children in St Patrick's.

Also: the works at Liffey Terrace / Liffey View seem to be taking ages - will that route ever be open again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Work happening at the morefield crossroads on traffic lights - it is causing a **** show of traffic. I’ve been stuck in town now for 30 mins

I was going to head in for some shopping - will hang on for a while.

It's a complete pain as we have children in St Patrick's.

Also: the works at Liffey Terrace / Liffey View seem to be taking ages - will that route ever be open again?

that route is open again but it is only a one way system and the exit onto ryston road is gone for good

an bord peanala held up kcc decision to grant an extension to the court yard shopping centre after there was an objection logged. I wonder who logged the objection and why and when works will begin.

I also see brennans maxol have logged planning permission for a massive overhaul of there current site to include a drive through

Work happening at the morefield crossroads on traffic lights - it is causing a **** show of traffic. I’ve been stuck in town now for 30 mins

Was up the town around lunchtime, and thought it was December 24 the traffic was so horrendous.

And to think we are to get ( guessing ) another 1,000 houses. Absolutely no infrastructure thought out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

I also see brennans maxol have logged planning permission for a massive overhaul of there current site to include a drive through

Drive thru costa? :D

Maxol have agreement to buy the business from Brennan family (not sure if its been completed), so I'll have a guess that it will be a Supermacs drive thru as they already work with Maxol elsewhere

edit - just see planning is in name of Maxol, so sale has been completed and also explains why the change to Spar didn't proceed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Drive thru costa? :D

Maxol have agreement to buy the business from Brennan family (not sure if its been completed), so I'll have a guess that it will be a Supermacs drive thru as they already work with Maxol elsewhere

edit - just see planning is in name of Maxol, so sale has been completed and also explains why the change to Spar didn't proceed.

Hopefully the deli will stay the same. Cracker of a place

Was up the town around lunchtime, and thought it was December 24 the traffic was so horrendous.

And to think we are to get ( guessing ) another 1,000 houses. Absolutely no infrastructure thought out.

In fairness, the bad traffic on Saturday is nothing to do with future housing development. The bad traffic this weekend is because of a stop/go system during works to actually fix storm water drainage. So really you're wide of the mark here.

In fairness, it looks like a new ring road around the town will be completed. Developers are completing a section as per planning for the new houses on the Athgarvan Road. The first section of the road is underway at Pfizer/Lidl. The council have installed a traffic counter at the Gables which I presume is one of the steps involved in securing funding for them to complete their part (middle section) of the road. In so far as they can statistically show there is a need for the road.

Access is an issue to the new development proposed at Roseberry and I agree needs to be resolved before they start delivering units up there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 409 ✭✭Sassygirl1999

In fairness, the bad traffic on Saturday is nothing to do with future housing development. The bad traffic this weekend is because of a stop/go system during works to actually fix storm water drainage. So really you're wide of the mark here.

In fairness, it looks like a new ring road around the town will be completed. Developers are completing a section as per planning for the new houses on the Athgarvan Road. The first section of the road is underway at Pfizer/Lidl. The council have installed a traffic counter at the Gables which I presume is one of the steps involved in securing funding for them to complete their part (middle section) of the road. In so far as they can statistically show there is a need for the road.

Access is an issue to the new development proposed at Roseberry and I agree needs to be resolved before they start delivering units up there.

I'm at keedean, massive fire across the road, whole road is shut off, people in plastic suits, its like sailsbury again

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭lanomist

The new council houses on Athgarvan Road/ Liffey Terrace " The Watering Gates " have been allotted and i believe tenants will receive their keys tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Ice cream place called Sundae Scoops opening tomorrow on the cutlery road.

Cazale wrote: »
    Ice cream place called Sundae Scoops opening tomorrow on the cutlery road.

is it not a bit late in the year for an ice cream shop to try start a business

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Laneyh

is it not a bit late in the year for an ice cream shop to try start a business

It probably is but places like Ginos and gelaterias seem to do well all year round
    so they might be ok

If they're smart they'll have stuff like hot chocolate too just in case

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭whampiri

Can anyone tell me the name or anything about the estate being built across from Roseberry hill? I'm currently looking at newbridge to buy a home and get out of the madness of Dublin city.

• Advertisement

whampiri wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me the name or anything about the estate being built across from Roseberry hill? I'm currently looking at newbridge to buy a home and get out of the madness of Dublin city.

Hi

I live in Roseberry Hill. I am not sure if the new estate You are mentioning has been given a name yet, but I believe that the entire estate has been deemed for social housing.

Advertisement