Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

beertons wrote: »
    Had to go to the vet in Hawkfield last Thursday, had to stop outside the college as a bus was trying to turn around on the round about. A kerb wouldn't have enabled it to turn around. Make it larger though, so a bus can turn in one go.

And put rumble strips right at the 3 exits - that will surely slow the speedsters down.

I get a newsletter every week from Fiona O'Loughlin. In this week's is the following on the roadworks re the M7.

Quote: I questioned the Taoiseach about the ongoing road works on the M7 during questions on Promised Legislation. I reminded him that the M7 carries 80,000 commuters and motorists every day and is the main artery to Dublin from Cork, Waterford, Limerick travelling through Kildare. Accidents last week left motorists delayed for up to an hour. These delays means more motorists leave the motorway and travel through villages not designed to cater for this volume of traffic. This has resulted in accidents such as the one that occurred in Kill last week.
    We need to have an increased level of work during weekends and in the evenings to ensure it is finished by 2020 as promised. end quote.

I thought these roadworks were to be finished in early 2019? Now, it's already 2020? We just had one of the best summers on record and yet saw nobody working evening hours. Crazy stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

I get a newsletter every week from Fiona O'Loughlin. In this week's is the following on the roadworks re the M7.

Quote: I questioned the Taoiseach about the ongoing road works on the M7 during questions on Promised Legislation. I reminded him that the M7 carries 80,000 commuters and motorists every day and is the main artery to Dublin from Cork, Waterford, Limerick travelling through Kildare. Accidents last week left motorists delayed for up to an hour. These delays means more motorists leave the motorway and travel through villages not designed to cater for this volume of traffic. This has resulted in accidents such as the one that occurred in Kill last week.
    We need to have an increased level of work during weekends and in the evenings to ensure it is finished by 2020 as promised. end quote.

I thought these roadworks were to be finished in early 2019? Now, it's already 2020? We just had one of the best summers on record and yet saw nobody working evening hours. Crazy stuff

The 3 lanes will be open in March 2019. This will help stop the current rat runs through Kill and Johnstown (unless there is a crash on M7...) All works, including Sallins bypass and new exits will be finished towards the end of 2019.

The 3 lanes will be open in March 2019. This will help stop the current rat runs through Kill and Johnstown (unless there is a crash on M7...) All works, including Sallins bypass and new exits will be finished towards the end of 2019.

And your source of this information is? Our local TD says it's 2020, doubt She can have Her facts wrong? And I have no connection with FO'L..not even a FFG supporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

And your source of this information is? Our local TD says it's 2020, doubt She can have Her facts wrong? And I have no connection with FO'L..not even a FFG supporter.

The lane widening is due to complete in March of 2019. The rest is by early 2020.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Your local TD is wrong.

Hope You are right - been one arduous journey almost every evening coming home. When You say the 3 lanes will be open in March 2019, from where to where? Surely not all the way down to the M9? Would be great if it was though!

Hope You are right - been one arduous journey almost every evening coming home. When You say the 3 lanes will be open in March 2019, from where to where? Surely not all the way down to the M9? Would be great if it was though!

Yeah all three lanes will be open from junction 8 to 11. I read that the works from junction 10 to 11 aren't as complicated as junctions 8-10.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

The entire project will be fully completed by early 2020.

This includes the new junction 9a, the replaced junction 10, the sallins bypass and all the landscaping works. The 3 lane mainline motorway will be completed and open by end of March 2019.

Remember politicians are publicity seekers. Read little into what they write as the primary aim is publicity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

It's a PPP so there will be a big penalty to pay if delivery is not met. Conversely, big bonuses if they get it done ahead of schedule

• Advertisement

Anywhere in the Newbridge or Naas area that change car bulbs? Usually do it myself but can't get my hand in to get the bulb out. Tried Halfords but the assistant in there thought Citroen was spelt with an S so never bothered with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭LisaLee

Cazale wrote: »
    Anywhere in the Newbridge or Naas area that change car bulbs? Usually do it myself but can't get my hand in to get the bulb out. Tried Halfords but the assistant in there thought Citroen was spelt with an S so never bothered with them.

I usually pop into Carparts on the Athgarvan Road in Newbridge. I’ve found them good to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭richiek83

Cllr Fiona McLoughlin Healy has shared some images of the councils submission to the Govts Urban Regeneration Fund which was recently opened for submissions. Council propose new library HQ, public realm enhancements to create a Cultural and Civic Quarter in Newbridge. First link has details on the submission, the second link is her Facebook post where she shared images from last Feb and the initial concepts from the NTA to the Newbridge Traffic Mgmt Plan. See post from today.

http://fmcloughlinhealy.ie/cultural-civic-quarter-newbridge/?fbclid=IwAR1nj-U-rezU8J0UEF8T26tz_W3MUKaKGSKNBPHWXM-lOHohtK0ME6WsZTU

https://www.facebook.com/FionaMcloughlinHealy/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

richiek83 wrote: »
    Cllr Fiona McLoughlin Healy has shared some images of the councils submission to the Govts Urban Regeneration Fund which was recently opened for submissions. Council propose new library HQ, public realm enhancements to create a Cultural and Civic Quarter in Newbridge. First link has details on the submission, the second link is her Facebook post where she shared images from last Feb and the initial concepts from the NTA to the Newbridge Traffic Mgmt Plan. See post from today.

http://fmcloughlinhealy.ie/cultural-civic-quarter-newbridge/?fbclid=IwAR1nj-U-rezU8J0UEF8T26tz_W3MUKaKGSKNBPHWXM-lOHohtK0ME6WsZTU

The Facebook post works. New building where Court House was. George's street redevelopment, library upgrade, no through traffic on main Street. Looks like Town centre carpark is going. Redevelopment of conleths park is odd. Is the Gaa moving or not ? Seem to have sold part of carpark to private development. Very wishy washy if I'm honest. Traffic plan is a mess. Relying on new road linking out towards Toghors but that just links with already full Athgarvan road.

Damien360 wrote: »

The Facebook post works. New building where Court House was. George's street redevelopment, library upgrade, no through traffic on main Street. Looks like Town centre carpark is going. Redevelopment of conleths park is odd. Is the Gaa moving or not ? Seem to have sold part of carpark to private development. Very wishy washy if I'm honest. Traffic plan is a mess. Relying on new road linking out towards Toghors but that just links with already full Athgarvan road.

GAA are redeveloping Conleths Park on existing site with brand new main stand and concourse on stadium grounds. This has full planning permission.
    Carpark is not sold, its currently council owned but they propose public realm enhancements to it with creation of a public square with development on the perimeter of the car park surrounding the proposed square, car park would prob be no more under this plan. Main Street appears to be public transport priority under initial concepts by NTA.
    NTA expected to come back soon with more concrete proposals but indications are that it will be a multi million euro investment in Newbridge.

GAA are redeveloping Conleths Park on existing site with brand new main stand and concourse on stadium grounds. This has full planning permission.
    Carpark is not sold, its currently council owned but they propose public realm enhancements to it with creation of a public square with development on the perimeter of the car park surrounding the proposed square, car park would prob be no more under this plan. Main Street appears to be public transport priority under initial concepts by NTA.
    NTA expected to come back soon with more concrete proposals but indications are that it will be a multi million euro investment in Newbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Looks to be pretty fluffy stuff to be honest

Planning permission refused for a gym in the industrial units opposite Lidl. Would love a proper gym to open up in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

Planning permission refused for a gym in the industrial units opposite Lidl. Would love a proper gym to open up in the area.

There are plenty of gyms in Newbridge, although not sure why a further one would be declined. Traffic around there is brutal, maybe that's the reason behind it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I thought it was to go around the side of Bradshaw's. Between them and Cox's.

• Advertisement

Ardstone Homes given permission by ABP for 343 homes in on Athgarvan Road in Newbridge with conditions.

https://www.kilbelinplanning.ie/

Case files not yet uploaded so not sure what conditions are yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Ardstone Homes given permission by ABP for 343 homes in on Athgarvan Road in Newbridge with conditions.

https://www.kilbelinplanning.ie/

Case files not yet uploaded so not sure what conditions are yet.

where is that site going to be on that road

tommyboy26 wrote:
    where is that site going to be on that road

At the Liffey Hall traffic lights. The new bypass will go through there and come out via the new lidl distribution centre and onto the Newbridge to Naas dual carriageway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

At the Liffey Hall traffic lights. The new bypass will go through there and come out via the new lidl distribution centre and onto the Newbridge to Naas dual carriageway.

that would be great to have that road open the town has become crazy lately

Cazale wrote:
    Domino's Pizza will be opening soon opposite SuperValu too!

Work going on now beside Costa for this and they are advertising for staff too.

An application has been made to ABP for 145 houses and 35 apartments in Ballymany beside the Horseracing Ireland headquarters.

An application has been made to ABP for 145 houses and 35 apartments in Ballymany beside the Horseracing Ireland headquarters.

That road into the Town Centre is already a total disaster............and now they want more houses?? I'm not aware if the 'proposed' ring road goes to that side of Town!

On traffic I saw during the past week, the traffic queue from the Liffey bridge was back down to the roundabout at Roseberry before 08h00. The Town is surely becoming gridlocked.

I came in to town from the Curragh today about 3 and traffic was backed up to the gates of Ballymany stud.On a Sunday. A heap of houses would make that place a disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭Damien360

Putinbot wrote: »
    I came in to town from the Curragh today about 3 and traffic was backed up to the gates of Ballymany stud.On a Sunday. A heap of houses would make that place a disaster.

Was that not the aftermath of the Moorefield match. It was backed up to there just after 12 today. Town was jammed with cars all day after that.

• Advertisement

Was that not the aftermath of the Moorefield match. It was backed up to there just after 12 today. Town was jammed with cars all day after that.

Forgot about that. But even still. On a Saturday from 1 till 5 its like that getting in to town.

Advertisement