Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Watch out everyone!

This is my way of avoiding some of the m7 in the morning. Looks like I'm destined to be stuck in roadworks for the winter!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

50kph!!! Wow that will cause a lot of agro when someone is legitimately obeying the limit. We all know how well the 60kph limit on the motorway has worked out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

wonder from what points the limit will be imposed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

TheShow wrote: »

You'd imagine from where they are working on the start of the new road down as far as Pfizer roundabout perhaps. Or maybe just past the site entrance to the back of Pfizer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

how long will those road works be going for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    how long will those road works be going for?

It says in the article "reduction is for the length of the works or one year, whichever comes first. Garda,fire brigade and ambulance are exempt"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Graniteville

Special Limit is only for a small section where the new roundabout is going. I'm guessing about 400 metres or so. Considering that traffic backs up to there many evenings, there'll be little disruption to motorists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

anyone know what happened down by the college. i seen the trees at the entrance all wrapped with garda tape and a guard standing there watching the place

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭LostinKildare

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    anyone know what happened down by the college. i seen the trees at the entrance all wrapped with garda tape and a guard standing there watching the place

Sadly, body of man found in the Liffey. Not yet unidentified.

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/home/348245/update-body-found-in-liffey-at-newbridge-college.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

Putinbot wrote: »
    I came in to town from the Curragh today about 3 and traffic was backed up to the gates of Ballymany stud.On a Sunday. A heap of houses would make that place a disaster.

There was planning refused for several hundred houses across from the Maxol there as they couldn't build an access road. Wonder if it will be the same for those houses at Ballymany. If they do give permission then we know that they simply don't care about the traffic.

Putinbot wrote: »
    It says in the article "reduction is for the length of the works or one year, whichever comes first. Garda,fire brigade and ambulance are exempt"

Meaning they won't be bursting a gut to get this job finished?

For me, why the hell didn't they wait the 3-4 months ( assuming the info going around is correct ) for the M7 to be finished. Bloody timing is all wrong here!

Sad news indeed.

May He R.I.P.

Meaning they won't be bursting a gut to get this job finished?

For me, why the hell didn't they wait the 3-4 months ( assuming the info going around is correct ) for the M7 to be finished. Bloody timing is all wrong here!

You do know it's a private contractor and part of the lidl development?

It's standard phrasing in temporary limit applications.

It's also a tiny area of about 200m and will cause virtually zero issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

Traffic in the town yesterday evening was chronic. Took me 45 mins to get from Dunnes Stores to College Park.
    Took about 20 minutes just to get out of Dunnes.

Unreal!!!

Traffic in the town yesterday evening was chronic. Took me 45 mins to get from Dunnes Stores to College Park.
    Took about 20 minutes just to get out of Dunnes.

Have to say it's chronic all over. You should see the queue in the early mornings ( from 07h30 onwards ) trying to turn left on the bridge coming up from The College.

Saw the following online:

https://www.kildarenow.com/news/temporary-road-works-reduced-speed-limit-50kmhr-naas-newbridge-road-commence-tomorrow/258288

So, apparently it's to start tomorrow.

I see the 126N Bus Eireann Service is to be scrapped this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

GavMan wrote: »
    I see the 126N Bus Eireann Service is to be scrapped this weekend
    No, they have reverted their decision after pressure by some politicians.
    Will still be available until after the Christmas period and they will review the decision again at that point.

• Advertisement

Ah, didn't see that. Make sense to get through Xmas party season.

By all accounts it was a well used service

And...after negotiating or about to negotiate the N/M 7 think before You put 'pressure on the pedal'.

https://www.kildarenow.com/news/2-speed-vans-deployed-m7-monday-onwards-deter-speeding-motorists/259026

Remember these are gatso vans, and 61 km/h is OVER the limit.

€5.5m Greenway plan to connect Newgrange to Newbridge

Greenway plan has the potential to be the biggest tourist destination in Ireland, taking people from Kildare to Fingal and on through Bettystown, Mornington, Drogheda, Battle of the Boyne, Slane and Newgrange. Hubert Murphy reports on the exciting plans

A design has been completed for one of the first stages of a plan to link Newbridge in Co Kildare to Newgrange in Co Meath, with the main route through the heart of East Meath and Drogheda.

The Greenway will cater for both pedestrians and cyclists and the next stage down for decision is from east of the Boyne Viaduct to the coast at Mornington.

Consultants delivered a plan to local councillors that they think will transform the area and add greatly to road safety and the public realm.

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/droghedaindependent/news/5-5m-greenway-plan-to-connect-newgrange-to-newbridge-37541043.html

Calls for review of recent changes to traffic lights in Newbridge

A review of recent changes to traffic lights signals has been called for.

Dep Fiona O’Loughlin is calling for Kildare County Council and the National Transport Authority (NTA) to review recent changes to traffic lights in Newbridge.

The traffic management plan for Newbridge will be published by the NTA soon however, she said in October changes were made to traffic lights are causing chaos.

“In November 2017 Kildare County Council announced that they would be commencing a new transport plan for the Newbridge area. I was extremely glad that work on a new traffic management plan for Newbridge was going ahead due to the growing congestion throughout the town on a daily basis and I look forward to seeing the review shortly,” she said.

“However, the current traffic lights system is simply not working right now. From Ryston the whole way up to the lights at Tesco are out of sync with some people waiting 20-25 minutes to get from Ryston to Moorefield Park.

She stressed; “We are six weeks away from Christmas and the volume of traffic is only going to continue in the coming weeks. I have made contact with Kildare County Council and I hope that they will have a team out to check the lights sooner rather than later.”

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/home/348761/calls-for-review-of-recent-changes-to-traffic-lights-in-newbridge.html

Cazale wrote: »
    Calls for review of recent changes to traffic lights in Newbridge

A review of recent changes to traffic lights signals has been called for.

Dep Fiona O’Loughlin is calling for Kildare County Council and the National Transport Authority (NTA) to review recent changes to traffic lights in Newbridge.

The traffic management plan for Newbridge will be published by the NTA soon however, she said in October changes were made to traffic lights are causing chaos.

“In November 2017 Kildare County Council announced that they would be commencing a new transport plan for the Newbridge area. I was extremely glad that work on a new traffic management plan for Newbridge was going ahead due to the growing congestion throughout the town on a daily basis and I look forward to seeing the review shortly,” she said.

“However, the current traffic lights system is simply not working right now. From Ryston the whole way up to the lights at Tesco are out of sync with some people waiting 20-25 minutes to get from Ryston to Moorefield Park.

She stressed; “We are six weeks away from Christmas and the volume of traffic is only going to continue in the coming weeks. I have made contact with Kildare County Council and I hope that they will have a team out to check the lights sooner rather than later.”

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/home/348761/calls-for-review-of-recent-changes-to-traffic-lights-in-newbridge.html

What changes have been made - Aside from that never ending road closure ( in one direction ) behind McLoughlins. That road closure is a damn disgrace, the road sat empty all summer and a week before the schools open, along comes the roadworks.:(

Cazale wrote: »
    €5.5m Greenway plan to connect Newgrange to Newbridge

Greenway plan has the potential to be the biggest tourist destination in Ireland, taking people from Kildare to Fingal and on through Bettystown, Mornington, Drogheda, Battle of the Boyne, Slane and Newgrange. Hubert Murphy reports on the exciting plans

A design has been completed for one of the first stages of a plan to link Newbridge in Co Kildare to Newgrange in Co Meath, with the main route through the heart of East Meath and Drogheda.

The Greenway will cater for both pedestrians and cyclists and the next stage down for decision is from east of the Boyne Viaduct to the coast at Mornington.

Consultants delivered a plan to local councillors that they think will transform the area and add greatly to road safety and the public realm.

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/droghedaindependent/news/5-5m-greenway-plan-to-connect-newgrange-to-newbridge-37541043.html

The way the traffic is going in Newbridge, one will cycle faster from Newgrange to Newbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

The way the traffic is going in Newbridge, one will cycle faster from Newgrange to Newbridge.

Some say on the winter solstice that the traffic lights in newbridge all align and send a green light from one end of the town to the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭maxwell smart

I can't understand how they are approving planning for so many houses when the infrastructure simply isn't there. Roads can't handle the current traffic, schools filled to bursting point and yet another development gone in for planning permission

www.ballymany.ie

And where are our elected representatives, Fiona What's hername, and Martin Hayden? Filling their noses in the trough up in Leinster house!

I can't understand how they are approving planning for so many houses when the infrastructure simply isn't there. Roads can't handle the current traffic, schools filled to bursting point and yet another development gone in for planning permission

Totally agree. Also needs to be mentioned is the water supply/pressure.

www.ballymany.ie

Is this the same development that was mentioned elsewhere earlier this month?
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057812173&page=26 message #387?

And where are our elected representatives, Fiona What's hername, and Martin Hayden? Filling their noses in the trough up in Leinster house!

In fairness to FO'L: I get a weekly email newsletter from Her. She appears to have Her fingers on the button. As for Hayden? Waste of space imo. He only rocks up in Newbridge when he's looking for votes.

• Advertisement

The lidl link road will take some traffic away and then when it links up to the athgarvan road, it will make a big change.

You'll always have congestion at school times, Saturday afternoons and on match days.

Advertisement