Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

The lidl link road will take some traffic away and then when it links up to the athgarvan road, it will make a big change.

But when is the question? Theres no funding to bring the road from Great Connell across to meet the housing development off the Athgarvan Road. The Developer is building the road from the lights to the Liffey but after that, we're waiting on public money to build the final section in the middle.

Certainly that is how I understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

GavMan wrote: »
    But when is the question? Theres no funding to bring the road from Great Connell across to meet the housing development off the Athgarvan Road. The Developer is building the road from the lights to the Liffey but after that, we're waiting on public money to build the final section in the middle.

Certainly that is how I understand it.

So in essence, if it wasn't for LIDL, nothing would have been done? NO ring road? KCC? Say no more.

Edit: Seems I accused KCC prematurely...going by Putinbot's following post. Apologies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Bad news it seems related to the above few posts

https://www.kildarenow.com/news/td-extremely-disappointed-no-funding-second-bridge-newbridge/260051

Deputy Fiona O'Loughlin said:“Funding was applied for by Kildare County Council under the Urban Regeneration and Development Fund to construct a one km road, including a new bridge across the River Liffey, which will link Great Connell Road (R445) and the Athgarvan Road (R416) in Newbridge. I am extremely disappointed that money was not secured for this project."

She said:"I have been raising the need for a second bridge long before I became a TD in 2016. The traffic into Newbridge is ever increasing and we have one main bridge over the Liffey which causes a build up throughout the day. We have five schools just beyond the bridge and many people travel this way to access the motorway at the Naas junction or for work in Naas”.

Putinbot wrote: »

https://www.kildarenow.com/news/td-extremely-disappointed-no-funding-second-bridge-newbridge/260051

Deputy Fiona O'Loughlin said:“Funding was applied for by Kildare County Council under the Urban Regeneration and Development Fund to construct a one km road, including a new bridge across the River Liffey, which will link Great Connell Road (R445) and the Athgarvan Road (R416) in Newbridge. I am extremely disappointed that money was not secured for this project."

She said:"I have been raising the need for a second bridge long before I became a TD in 2016. The traffic into Newbridge is ever increasing and we have one main bridge over the Liffey which causes a build up throughout the day. We have five schools just beyond the bridge and many people travel this way to access the motorway at the Naas junction or for work in Naas”.

Wonder what Hayden has to say about this? FG? Only ever react, they don't know the meaning of the word 'proactive'.

When is the next election??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

plans lodged to redo the the post office in the middle of the town. in fairness it is in major need of an overhaul

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Putinbot wrote: »

Real shame. There seems to money for everything under the sun apart from something that would benefit hard working commuters who's PAYE and USC pays for everything. Not to mention greatly alleviate traffic in the town.

Mark my words they will build those few hundred houses off the Athgarvan Road forcing those who buy them to enter the town over the existing bridge and access them via Ryston before they bother their barney to complete the ring road. To say nothing of the due to be completed Kilbelin Abbey, Walshestown Meadows, etc.

Crazy cart before the horse stuff. In the grand scheme of things, we're talking about piddly money

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭mickmac76

Hi

Can anyone recommend a person who can give an aromatic massage in or around Newbridge?

GavMan wrote: »
    Real shame. There seems to money for everything under the sun apart from something that would benefit hard working commuters who's PAYE and USC pays for everything. Not to mention greatly alleviate traffic in the town.

Mark my words they will build those few hundred houses off the Athgarvan Road forcing those who buy them to enter the town over the existing bridge and access them via Ryston before they bother their barney to complete the ring road. To say nothing of the due to be completed Kilbelin Abbey, Walshestown Meadows, etc.

Crazy cart before the horse stuff. In the grand scheme of things, we're talking about piddly money

Those houses to be built out the Athgarvan Road are only a fraction of the number of houses envisaged. Up here in Roseberry Hill, there is an estate with almost 100 houses ready to be occupied AND another 400 to be built in the fild opposite Sarsfields...and we all have to go over a traffic controlled bridge to head for Dublin/Naas. And then the other 400 ( think that is the figure mentioned ) to be built out the Ballymany Road. And now, no money for infrastructure.

Truly truly ridiculous planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

mickmac76 wrote: »
    Hi

Can anyone recommend a person who can give an aromatic massage in or around Newbridge?

Lots of places depending on budget

http://swanbeautyandmassage.weebly.com/
    Very good with her hands especially if you have bad knots.

http://www.aviarybeauty.ie/
    Really nice products but a bit more expensive

Weather permitting, changes on southbound on the M7 tomorrow:

https://www.kildarenow.com/news/new-lane-changes-m7-tomorrow-morning/260849

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

mickmac76 wrote: »
    Hi

Claire Codd?

Sounding like a broken record now.

Went over to Tesco's this evening around 17h30. Took me 45 minutes from the bridge, past The Silverware and into Tesco's car park.

Anyone have any idea when Langton Road will fully re-open? Bloody disgrace it's had one lane closed since August 20. Steadily screwing up the town now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

hi all,

anyone any experience with Kildaragh Used Car Centre? Thinking of buying something off them but cant find any reviews. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭itsnotmyname

anyone any experience with Kildaragh Used Car Centre? Thinking of buying something off them but cant find any reviews. Thanks!

Where abouts is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,154 ✭✭✭mistersifter

Where abouts is it?

In the industrial area there off the athgarvan road , around the back of Newbridge silverware and Newbridge upholstery (?). There's a church called Open Arms next door.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Anyone have any idea when Langton Road will fully re-open? Bloody disgrace it's had one lane closed since August 20. Steadily screwing up the town now.
    IT'S FINISHED!! :D

Coming home from work this evening, I could cycle along the road, unimpeded, and on a surface that didn't compromise the structural integrity of my bike! :pac:

Hopefully it'll help ease the traffic elsewhere in the town.

Coming home from work this evening, I could cycle along the road, unimpeded, and on a surface that didn't compromise the structural integrity of my bike! :pac:

Saw that last night. Thanks.

Intersting to see what difference ( if any ) this coming weekend, though the w/e that's in it might not be the best to judge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

The BRU House pub of Newbridge, Co. Kildare, has been put up for sale by private treaty by licensed property consultants Morrissey's.

Located at the junction of Newbridge's Eyre Street and Georges Street, the property includes separate public and lounge bars on its ground floor as well as a first floor function room and kitchen space.

According to Morrissey's, "The property is presented throughout in turn-key condition, enjoying a traditional style fit-out requiring little capital expenditure, having been extremely well maintained by the operator."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Traffic light sequence seems to be out
    You only get the green light for a couple off seconds

Cazale wrote: »
    The BRU House pub of Newbridge, Co. Kildare, has been put up for sale by private treaty by licensed property consultants Morrissey's.

Located at the junction of Newbridge's Eyre Street and Georges Street, the property includes separate public and lounge bars on its ground floor as well as a first floor function room and kitchen space.

According to Morrissey's, "The property is presented throughout in turn-key condition, enjoying a traditional style fit-out requiring little capital expenditure, having been extremely well maintained by the operator."

Been upstairs here on a number of occasions for various parties - Baptism/Communion/21sts etc. Was a great venue but the last 2 times ( over the last 12 months ) it seemd to have dropped it's guard.
    Hope somebody takes over and makes a good go of it.

• Advertisement

Just back from up the Town. I know it's early in the day, but still seems to be an improvement with no traffic needing to go behind McD's no. Smooth job done ( road surface ) on Langton Road too

Hope I haven't spoken too soon:-).

Season's Greetings All!

Season's Greetings All!

Merry Christmas to you and all on the thread!

Anyone else seen the following?:

https://www.kildarenow.com/news/frustrated-commuters-sign-petition-reduce-train-fares-newbridge/208335

Be careful what You are signing up for. The purpose is good, but when You want to sign, it's gives You an option of 'chipping in €2' or just signing up. I backed off then.

Liebour fronted, typical!. I also signed up a while ago on another petition and ended up being bombarded by the petition host with other petitions. I'm not the cleverest when it comes to pc's, so I just diverted all their mail to my junk folder.

EDIT: Just to confirm what I say above, I have since received an email from change.org asking me to 'click this link' to finish the petition.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,793 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The request for cash is change.org asking for money to run the site, nobody else. Your rant after that is inaccurate and clearly biased.

L1011 wrote: »
    The request for cash is change.org asking for money to run the site, nobody else. Your rant after that is inaccurate and clearly biased.

Who are You to say my comment is a rant and biased?

I wanted to support the cause, but when I wished to sign up to the petition, I never bargained on being asked for money. Perhaps I am wrong in saying it's liebour fronted ( & if I am I apologise ), but that still doesn't justify being asked to give €2 just for signing a petition.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 Dillosk412

I wanted to support the cause, but when I wished to sign up to the petition, I never bargained on being asked for money. Perhaps I am wrong in saying it's liebour fronted ( & if I am I apologise ), but that still doesn't justify being asked to give €2 just for signing a petition.

If I look at a Wikipedia page, it asks for a donation.

If I look at the Guardian newspaper, it asks for a donation.

Websites cost money to operate. Either they fill it with scam advertising links, or they ask for a donation.

You then choose whether to give or not.

Because you are factually inaccurate and using a childish term to refer to a political party.

You've flown off the handle without a grasp on the facts - a rant.

You have made political views clear in the most childish way possible - biased.

Q.E.D.

L1011 wrote: »
    Because you are factually inaccurate and using a childish term to refer to a political party.

You've flown off the handle without a grasp on the facts - a rant.

You have made political views clear in the most childish way possible - biased.

Q.E.D.

Something irking people who use the trains to Dublin from Newbridge, the cost has been a bone of contention for a long while, especially when they expanded the 'cheap rate' as far as Sallins, and ( I believe ) Maynooth. When I saw the article on Kildare now, I was eager to sign up. But when I wanted to I saw it was linked to the Labour Party - I was a labour party supporter all my adult life, but after being fed lie after lie over the past 10 years I gave up on them. So, when I saw how this link was progressing, I saw red.

So, yes You may be right and I was having a rant, for which I apologise. BTW mind me asking, what does Q. E. D. stand for?

But to another persons comment, subscribing to the Guardian etc is different to signing a petition. I may be wrong but Sky news were looking for 100k signatures to get political debates going in the UK & as far as I know, there was no mention of subscribing to sign up.

Anyhow Happy 2019 to ALL!

"it is demonstrated" in latin, roughly. Basically what you're expected to put at the end of a proof in complex maths questions.

The request for a donation was from the site hosting the petition - change.org. They have no other source of funding. Sky News have advertising and a very wealthy owner to fund their costs.

Maynooth has been in the short-hop zone since the start; it was extended from Celbridge to Naas and Maynooth to Kilcock in 2016 (ish) following lengthy campaigning by politicians including Labour ones.

• Advertisement

The Broadway deli in the whitewater closed a few weeks ago. O'Briens Sandwiches going soon too I heard.

Advertisement