Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    yes they have been approved for a massive overhaul since march of last year

File number seems to be 17256

Contains retention of Jet Wash area so they must have shut down the lads as part of that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

GavMan wrote: »
    File number seems to be 17256

Contains retention of Jet Wash area so they must have shut down the lads as part of that

approved a while now but no sign of starting

Watch out for the pothole in Applegreen (between the car wash and the pumps) broke a spring on the rear driver side of my car last night...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

Watch out for the pothole in Applegreen (between the car wash and the pumps) broke a spring on the rear driver side of my car last night...

Any come back from them on it ?

tossy wrote: »
    Any come back from them on it ?

I'm not going to bother. Repair wasn't that expensive so probably more hassle than its worth really. I am going to drop in ASAP and speak with the manager and let them know what happened. Hopefully the specter of someone claiming might prompt them to fix it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

Presume you mean in Applegreen? Maybe Applegreen are going to put in their own machine? I think I read in this thread somewhere they had plans to revamp the station.

Sorry for only replying now Gavman. Yes, I am referring to the Applegreen. Was there yesterday and they are open for vehicle washing again. Only one guy present though, but in fairness to Him, He did a great job on my van.

Don't go in here often but was there yesterday evening. Plenty of empty lots...from the Maxi Zoo, right up to DID.

Pity to see so many places empty, seems to be work on one unit though as the entire front was fenced off and the front being worked on. Any idea who is going in there anyone?

Sad to see so many empty places between here & the SC.:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Pity to see so many places empty, seems to be work on one unit though as the entire front was fenced off and the front being worked on. Any idea who is going in there anyone?

Dominos pizza. There is a new pharmacy going in beside Costa too. The empty units towards DID will be knocked soon to provide access to the extended centre where txmaxx is. Aldi is going in there too.

The Newbridge to Naas road is down to one lane each way now around the lidl works. The inbound road into Newbridge is closed and both lanes are on the old outbound side.

Cazale wrote: »
    The Newbridge to Naas road is down to one lane each way now around the lidl works. The inbound road into Newbridge is closed and both lanes are on the old outbound side.

How has it been during the rush hours? Can't imagine it is great...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CorkMan_

I've had no issues with traffic there since it was changed, traffic usually builds up after the dual carriageway nearer Pfzier anyways. It's just another reason not to wash the car! The amount of trucks going into/out of the Lidl site has the road filthy even with a sweeper doing it's best to clean the mess up.

CorkMan_ wrote:
    I've had no issues with traffic there since it was changed, traffic usually builds up after the dual carriageway nearer Pfzier anyways. It's just another reason not to wash the car! The amount of trucks going into/out of the Lidl site has the road filthy even with a sweeper doing it's best to clean the mess up.

Had my nct last week up in toughers so used it as an excuse to get a valet done on the car. It looked brand new when I collected it but by the time I drove by the lidl works it looked like it had been in a farmers field for years!

Aldi are opening their long awaited store in Newbridge this November according to their recruitment website.

Cazale wrote: »
    Aldi are opening their long awaited store in Newbridge this November according to their recruitment website.

Can't come soon enough!! Be interesting when both Aldi & Supervalu use the same retail park...can see mayhem on the road trying to get in/out.

And the Lidl entrance just a couple of hundred metres up the road. Then there is the Silverware exit, then turn to Cutlery Road, then.......OMG, this is going to be interesting to say the least!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Hi all, I have a leak in my roof that I need to get fixed.

Does anyone have any recommendations for someone they have used previously?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭Damien360

collie0708 wrote: »
    Hi all, I have a leak in my roof that I need to get fixed.

Does anyone have any recommendations for someone they have used previously?

John Fitzpatrick Naas
    Chilli Byrne Newbridge

I won't put mobiles here but PM if you want their numbers. Just be aware, roofer will not go near your roof in this weather on safety grounds.

Tried sending PM but your mailbox is full so won't accept a PM. Clear space, send me another PM when you can accept another

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭garbeth

Looking to get a socket installed for a power shower in Kildare town

Any recommendations for an electrician

garbeth wrote: »
    Looking to get a socket installed for a power shower in Kildare town

Any recommendations for an electrician

We use Whyte Melia electrical. They are on Facebook for numbers etc.

Can't come soon enough!!

To be honest, every time I've tried to make the switch to lidl or aldi, I find fruit and veg turns on day 3 and is rotten by day 4. I never get a full week out of it. Can't be arsed shopping in between.

I never have these issues with Tesco and Dunnes. Probably due to them refrigerating theirs. Plus Tesco delivery is just too handy. Gives you an hour back of your week.

I do enjoy the lidl pretzels though... :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭silverview

I'm just wondering is there any pubs in Newbridge that have a pool table?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

silverview wrote: »

McGowans has one and so does the Railway Bar on the back street as far as I know. Don't think any others do, maybe the Curragh Inn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

The Winning post had one when it was open. Good boozer, played many a game of pool in there in my youth and then across to the CY for a game of snooker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 206 ✭✭itsnotmyname

Hi can anyone suggest a carpenter in Newbridge that could repair a wooden kitchen bench? My golden retriever was either hungry or needed a toothpick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭soc

Sharkx, located on Henry St
    Don't know if they serve alcohol, but they do have a coffee shop

I see the Silverware Museum is to start charging for the exhibitions upstairs.

https://www.leinsterleader.ie/news/news/302940/newbridge-silverware-to-start-charging-for-museum-of-style-icon-visits.html

€7 is OTT imho. This another case of a corporation getting greedy?

Was talking to someone today who was over at The Silverware last weekend, and they wern't charged to go see the museum.

Have they dropped the ridiculous €7 entrance fee permantly? Hope so, then I'll be over more often so.

Have they dropped the ridiculous €7 entrance fee permantly? Hope so, then I'll be over more often so.

Yeah it's free to visit the museum again. I'd say charging for the museum led to a reduction of numbers buying in the shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Hello all.

Looking for a hand carwash in Newbridge. Not necessarily full valet standards, just a 10 minute / €7 soap, sponge and powerwash job.

Any ideas? Cheers!

• Advertisement

Noveight wrote:
    Looking for a hand carwash in Newbridge. Not necessarily full valet standards, just a 10 minute / €7 soap, sponge and powerwash job.

I get mine done in the carwash beside toughers garage.

Advertisement