Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge Chat Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Noveight wrote: »
    Hello all.

Looking for a hand carwash in Newbridge. Not necessarily full valet standards, just a 10 minute / €7 soap, sponge and powerwash job.

Any ideas? Cheers!

The guys at toughers are good. Bit out of town but you can grab some food in the garage while waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

Cazale wrote: »
    I get mine done in the carwash beside toughers garage.
    Nosnon wrote: »
    The guys at toughers are good. Bit out of town but you can grab some food in the garage while waiting.

Will look in to Toughers so. Many thanks, folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

Hello all.

Looking for a hand carwash in Newbridge. Not necessarily full valet standards, just a 10 minute / €7 soap, sponge and powerwash job.

Any ideas? Cheers!

There is one of these beside Circle K beside Dunnes stores in Newbridge.

I've been using them for months now and no issues. It's 8 euro for the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

Hello all.

Any ideas? Cheers!

The lads beside what was Ray O'Briens shop are great, Can be a queue though, but worth the wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

i see some works are going on at the roundabout at murphy international any chance they will continue the road through there to complete the ring round

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

rejkin wrote: »
    There is one of these beside Circle K beside Dunnes stores in Newbridge.

I've been using them for months now and no issues. It's 8 euro for the car.

I use them every week also. No problems and €15 for a large van is reasonable imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Are they the guys use to be across the road in applegreen. I did go to them all the time but then they disappeared.

Nosnon wrote: »
    Are they the guys use to be across the road in applegreen. I did go to them all the time but then they disappeared.

Some of them: Yes. Seems Applegreen doesn't do car wash anymore, unless You want to wash the car Yourself, I think that facility is till avbailable.

But with it costing the same across the road in this weather it's a no-brainer imho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

McDonnells bar have opened their new extension.

Dreamcloud vape shop has opened this week near the Gardai station.

McCormacks pharmacy has opened beside costa and SuperValu.

Al vesuvio wood fired pizza are opening soon.

• Advertisement

McDonnells bar have opened their new extension.

Dreamcloud vape shop has opened this week near the Gardai station.

McCormacks pharmacy has opened beside costa and SuperValu.

Al vesuvio wood fired pizza are opening soon.

This Al Vesuvio...anyone know anything about them? They have other branches in the county/country?

Cazale, how soon is soon may I ask?

Also, any news on the progress or lack thereof of Aldi? We must be the only town of our size without an Aldi in it, which is crazy with their warehouse only 10kms away.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Also, any news on the progress or lack thereof of Aldi? We must be the only town of our size without an Aldi in it, which is crazy with their warehouse only 10kms away.

They are advertising for staff so I don't think it'll be too much longer. Aldi have an opening date of November of this year on their recruitment website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

This Al Vesuvio...anyone know anything about them? They have other branches in the county/country?

Not sure if they are the same owners, but the one in Dublin is pretty decent, only ate there once, but pizza was very good

https://www.alvesuviopizzeria.com

They are advertising for staff so I don't think it'll be too much longer. Aldi have an opening date of November of this year on their recruitment website.

I was talking to someone related to the people opening this Pizza earlier this evening. The Pizza shop will open sometime between Paddy's weekend and Easter weekend.

On Aldi, will the car wash place have to move when Aldi starts being erected? I am right in saying they are building on that site?

I was talking to someone related to the people opening this Pizza earlier this evening. The Pizza shop will open sometime between Paddy's weekend and Easter weekend.

On Aldi, will the car wash place have to move when Aldi starts being erected? I am right in saying they are building on that site?

i thought aldi was going into the new development that is joining on to the town car park?

Musico has closed up :(
    That sucks! Could see why though, it was always empty when I went in.
    Great shop, padraig was really helpful, got my last guitar there.
    Will really by missed.

Musico has closed up :(
    That sucks! Could see why though, it was always empty when I went in.
    Great shop, padraig was really helpful, got my last guitar there.
    Will really by missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,077 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Is that DK music?

ELM327 wrote: »
    Is that DK music?
    I don't believe so, it's across from mothercare.

That the shop beside where a solicitor used to have their office in a house? Pity, My Daughter plays piano, and we always got the music books from Him.

Pity!

• Advertisement

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    i thought aldi was going into the new development that is joining on to the town car park?

You could well be right.I was under the impression that it was going behind Casey's fuel station - maybe I am wrong.

Sorry if I have the wrong information.

Edit: I think You are right. Didn't someone say they are going in where the toy shop was next to DID?

That the shop beside where a solicitor used to have their office in a house? Pity, My Daughter plays piano, and we always got the music books from Him.

Pity!

That's the one unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

Fujiyama now available for delivery it seems,

eat ALL the sushi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 36 warap1

I see there's a bus stop on Station Rd, just before the train station. What bus stops there? Or is there any transportation from Newbridge center or the main roads that goes there? I want to use public transportation instead of driving every day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

warap1 wrote: »
    I see there's a bus stop on Station Rd, just before the train station. What bus stops there? Or is there any transportation from the city center or the main roads that goes there? I want to use public transportation instead of driving every day.

Is it a bus eireann stop? I don't there there is any Dublin service that goes that route.

Might be a local link stop....

The 123 & 126 go out that way, but not with great frequency afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 warap1

TheShow wrote: »
    Is it a bus eireann stop? I don't there there is any Dublin service that goes that route.

Might be a local link stop....

Ah yes, I meant is there a local bus service in Newbridge? Want to get from one part of the town to the other, i.e train station, without having to walk or drive.

warap1 wrote: »
    Ah yes, I meant is there a local bus service in Newbridge? Want to get from one part of the town to the other, i.e train station, without having to walk or drive.

http://martleys.websupport.ie/sk01-athy-newbridge/

This any use? Newbridge TS -

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Any idea when Dominoes opens in Newbridge and where is it going?

• Advertisement

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Any idea when Dominoes opens in Newbridge and where is it going?

dont know when but i heard its going in across from homestore and more

Advertisement