Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I think this is the official version of your link.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

You could well be right.I was under the impression that it was going behind Casey's fuel station - maybe I am wrong.

Sorry if I have the wrong information.

Edit: I think You are right. Didn't someone say they are going in where the toy shop was next to DID?

i think i might have been wrong.

curtmount properties has applied for an extension to already granted planning permission for a shopping market right beside Casey petrol station that includes demolishing the two bungalows there.

i could not find anything to say it was aldi but surly it is.

original planning permission is 13/1041 and extension is 19/239

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

tommyboy26 wrote:

It is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

warap1 wrote: »
    Ah yes, I meant is there a local bus service in Newbridge? Want to get from one part of the town to the other, i.e train station, without having to walk or drive.
    I just looked at the bus stop near my estate, and it's the Rapid Town Link, run by Kavanagh's. Here are the timetables:

Newbridge to Kilcullen
    Kilcullen to Newbridge

I've been meaning to check that out myself for ages, so you've made me research it! :D The route starts at Centra in Roseberry Hill (I think), and Liffey Hall is the last Newbridge stop.

It's €1.80 for a single within Newbridge, and €2.60 to Kilcullen. Piercetown would be the nearest stop to the train station.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

I just looked at the bus stop near my estate, and it's the Rapid Town Link, run by Kavanagh's. Here are the timetables:

Newbridge to Kilcullen
    Kilcullen to Newbridge

I've been meaning to check that out myself for ages, so you've made me research it! :D The route starts at Centra in Roseberry Hill (I think), and Liffey Hall is the last Newbridge stop.

It's €1.80 for a single within Newbridge, and €2.60 to Kilcullen. Piercetown would be the nearest stop to the train station.

Thanks for posting these timetables. Our Child is starting Secondary in Cross & Passion in August/September, and was wondering about bus times from Newbridge to Kilcullen.

And YES, The terminus is outside Centra in RH...We live in the Estate.

• Advertisement

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    i think i might have been wrong.

curtmount properties has applied for an extension to already granted planning permission for a shopping market right beside Casey petrol station that includes demolishing the two bungalows there.

original planning permission is 13/1041 and extension is 19/239

That also mean Hayden's office and the computer shop will also be flattened?

And of course the car wash will have to move too. Also, if ( as someone says ) Aldi are to open in November, all these moves/demolishings will have to happen soon.

That also mean Hayden's office and the computer shop will also be flattened?

And of course the car wash will have to move too. Also, if ( as someone says ) Aldi are to open in November, all these moves/demolishings will have to happen soon.

dont think so. cant see them knocking the printing shop its the first two bungalows after caseys

whampiri wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me the name or anything about the estate being built across from Roseberry hill? I'm currently looking at newbridge to buy a home and get out of the madness of Dublin city.

Hi

Not sure if You are still interested?

This estate has now got houses occupied ( I would guess about 30% full ). There is also a 'For Sale' sign mounted. The company mentioned on the sign is Coonan Properties. There is also a Dublin ( 01 ) phone number. I'll be passing the estate around lunchtime. There is also now a name on the estate - I think it's White Oaks, but again I'll confirm later on today.

Edit: Okay OP, the estate is called White Oaks.

The agent with the board up is Coonan, their site is coonan.com & the phone number is 01 628 6128

Hope this helps.

Cazale wrote:
    Al vesuvio wood fired pizza are opening soon.

This is opening tomorrow at 4pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Cazale wrote: »
    This is opening tomorrow at 4pm.

Must have been a big weekend for them. There was an hour and a half wait on Sunday. They sounded under pressure when my wife rang. They were a bit short with her telling her the wait time before she even mentioned she wanted to order.

Will give it a few weeks

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

GavMan wrote: »
    Must have been a big weekend for them. There was an hour and a half wait on Sunday. They sounded under pressure when my wife rang. They were a bit short with her telling her the wait time before she even mentioned she wanted to order.

Will give it a few weeks

Had it on Saturday night pizzas were all cold and to be honest pure muck.
    Such a shame had high hopes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭TheShow

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Had it on Saturday night pizzas were all cold and to be honest pure muck.
    Such a shame had high hopes.

probably couldnt keep up with demand. given them a few weeks to bed down, then try it again.

TheShow wrote: »
    probably couldnt keep up with demand. given them a few weeks to bed down, then try it again.

Got a txt from them yesterday apologizing over Saturday night with a discount code for 50% off next delivery. I am guessing anyone ordering on Saturday got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Leaflet in the door today. Dominos coming to Newbridge in April. Looking for staff and delivery drivers.

planning permission granted to demolish the derelict building on cutlery road

Nosnon wrote: »
    Leaflet in the door today. Dominos coming to Newbridge in April. Looking for staff and delivery drivers.

Thank god been waiting for this confirmed news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭GavMan

Do you a reference for the application?

Good to see progress being made. It was pretty unsightly. Hopefully we can get around to removing the water tower and the old building by the whitewater. Would tidy up the road a lot. I know Fiona McLoughlin Healy was raising the water tower with the council.

tommyboy26 wrote:

Is this the old band hall or the building opposite the water tower?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭silverview

That is good news, i only walked by there last night and saw a notice up but didn't have time to stop and read it. Can they remove the water tower? If so great but if they can't they should at least paint it in the county colors or something just to take the look off it.

Is there any plans for what goes in there when they knock it?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭silverview

Cazale wrote: »
    Is this the old band hall or the building opposite the water tower?

Good point i thought it was the building opposite water tower.

• Advertisement

O'Modhrain Hall on cutlery road application 18740

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

rejkin wrote: »
    There is one of these beside Circle K beside Dunnes stores in Newbridge.

I've been using them for months now and no issues. It's 8 euro for the car.

A delayed reply but I used these blokes a few weeks back. Great service and pretty quick. Cheers.

anyone known what they are doing at the roundabout at murphy international down beside connell drive? looks like they are building a new road there. I know there was talk of houses been built there but i can not see planning permission on kcc website and the lidl works dont go that far?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

anyone known what they are doing at the roundabout at murphy international down beside connell drive? looks like they are building a new road there. I know there was talk of houses been built there but i can not see planning permission on kcc website and the lidl works dont go that far?

It links out to the dual carriageway via the new lidl development.

It was originally intended to meet up with the Athgarvan rd/liffey hall junction via a new liffey bridge, but funding was recently rejected for it. Again.

It links out to the dual carriageway via the new lidl development.

It was originally intended to meet up with the Athgarvan rd/liffey hall junction via a new liffey bridge, but funding was recently rejected for it. Again.

i think we are talking about two different places.

on the picture i attached they seem to be building in the direction of the black arrow which is not inside the red boundary of lidl development

As in down here, heading toward the liffey?

Must check it out, wasn't aware of anything happening down there.

As in down here, heading toward the liffey?

Must check it out, wasn't aware of anything happening down there.

yea thats the spot fairly big work going on

yea thats the spot fairly big work going on

Interesting! I'll go have a nosey at the weekend when I'm nearby,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

It's a large drain

Advertisement